• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
YOU'RE NOT THE LORD OF THE RINGS!

Eclk.gif

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand the replies? Like you absolutely have some people who are clearly just shitheads picking fights because Vice but like...

The people who are legitimately trying to criticize it don't... seem to get that they're not management? Like in the replies you have someone from the union going "hey, I'm not white, also part of what we did here was requiring them to consider diverse candidates, etc." and yet people are still reacting as if they're the ones doing the hiring...?

I guess there's some that seem to be making a point of who's representing the union, which makes more sense. But I don't think a lot of even the genuine ones quite understand what the union is.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I could listen to Austin and Rob talk about mechs all day.
This, a hundred times over, is my favourite thing about Waypoint. I know I would find Battletech impossible to enjoy, as I'm simply no good with complex systems, but I love listening to such lush descriptions of the actions in this game. I've never seen a single screenshot but I feel I know it intimately from their joyous discussions.

My work as a games designer is driven by listening to people talk about how they love to play the games they play. Thank-you Waypoint for helping me see beyond myself.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I know folks are probably distracted with Giant Bomb's GOTY but don't sleep on that article Danielle wrote about Into the Breach.
Dang, this is an excellent read. Thanks for highlighting it.

Games as a balm for difficult times is a really interesting concept. I kinda think it might be pretty common, honestly... I've certainly used games like that, at least. And I don't think it can be just any game (not that Danielle implied any such thing)--the games that resonate with a person the most do so because they communicate something existential to said person's being.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I believe we're all called Waypointers. (That's the stickiest term I can come up with.)

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Dang, this is an excellent read. Thanks for highlighting it.

Games as a balm for difficult times is a really interesting concept. I kinda think it might be pretty common, honestly... I've certainly used games like that, at least. And I don't think it can be just any game (not that Danielle implied any such thing)--the games that resonate with a person the most do so because they communicate something existential to said person's being.
Pyre was extremely this for me.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have Waypoint ever done a guide for getting into Gundam? The best I can find is an Austin tweet suggesting starting wtih 08th MS Team and 0080: War in the Pocket, but I kinda want a larger guide on where to go and what to avoid?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I have a vague memory of Austin talking about how to get into Gundam, but uh... I don't remember what he said or what episode it was on. I think it was a question bucket thing.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
The sea of thieves podcast has been one of my favorite this year. Despite despising the game due to it's constant mention on another podcast I listen to (cough p1p cough), Danika and Rob have such great contrasting chemistry. If anyone was thinking of skipping it due to it's Sea of Thieves-iness I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The sea of thieves podcast has been one of my favorite this year. Despite despising the game due to it's constant mention on another podcast I listen to (cough p1p cough), Danika and Rob have such great contrasting chemistry. If anyone was thinking of skipping it due to it's Sea of Thieves-iness I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Danika would be able to have good chemistry with a cardboard box she's that cool

It's such a pity the dream booking of her joining GB West didn't happen

Why can't reality be as good as my imagination

Sep 12, 2018
Danika is definitely a dream GB hire. She'd piss off the guys Abby managed to rile up yesterday with mild critique as well as the cross-coast content being even better.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Or just not listen to all of them. I'll probably listen to this + Sea of Thieves so far, in a week or so when I'm caught up on GOTY. And then Hollow Knight's whenever I finish that.

Not even as busy as last year, when FatT was also releasing an hour-ish episode a day for a week.

Saucepan Man

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if there's any more Waypoint video #content with Battletech since their series on youtube kinda just ends.

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I can make room for a single three hour GOTY podcast episode! I don't know if I have the desire to get through the Giant Bomb stuff anymore but the Austin/Natalie ep of WPR fits what I'd want tbh. I really like the format of their year-end stuff this year

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I can make room for a single three hour GOTY podcast episode! I don't know if I have the desire to get through the Giant Bomb stuff anymore but the Austin/Natalie ep of WPR fits what I'd want tbh. I really like the format of their year-end stuff this year

This is by far waypoint's best year end content. I'm likely biased though since their podcasts are the content I consume most readily.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Into the Breach is on sale on Switch just now and I'm so tempted, but I usually get bored of turn-based strategy games pretty quickly.