• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
We're not worthy!

Uber Eats Super Bowl commercials:

https%3A%2F%2Ffoodsided.com%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F02%2FUber-Eats-x-Waynes-World_-Super-Bowl-Still-Delivery-Bag-850x560.jpg

Party on dudes!

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The wig and glasses cover up so much of his face that Garth looks the same.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, this Uber Eats ad campaign with the two celebs is so odd and does nothing to sell you on the service or the food.

That rival company's campaign with John Hamm is pretty funny though.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they have a HUGE falling out which is why they never made more shit together? I mean yeah many people mellow out as they grow older and let go of past issues, I just find it funny an Uber Eats ad is what brought them back together.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I would have preferred a third one of these:

Ed O'Neill has basically the one bit in both films and he absolutely fucking kills it.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering why there was a Waynes World promo on my app when I ordered Uber Eats earlier

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they have a HUGE falling out which is why they never made more shit together? I mean yeah many people mellow out as they grow older and let go of past issues, I just find it funny an Uber Eats ad is what brought them back together.
I believe it was due to the Dr Evil character.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Dana Carvey Says He Forgives Mike Myers for Allegedly Stealing Dr. Evil Character

An apparent rift existed between Mike Myers and Dana Carvey for years — and a big reason revolved around the diabolical fictional character, Dr. Evil.

It sounds like whatever grievances they had were settled by 2019.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Dana Carvey Says He Forgives Mike Myers for Allegedly Stealing Dr. Evil Character

An apparent rift existed between Mike Myers and Dana Carvey for years — and a big reason revolved around the diabolical fictional character, Dr. Evil.

if that's what it was I can see why you'd be resentful over it, Austin Powers and Dr Evil were huge in their time and considering the schtick was that Mike Myers played many of the roles, I assume Mike not playing Dr Evil was ever in the books. I guess settling it by now also makes sense if both have grown older and Mike really hasn't done anything prominent recently.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised to see people saying they haven't aged. Myers definitely looks considerably older, and you can see it on Carvey when they have the wind blowing his hair back. Wild to see those characters with Cardi B though.

I had no idea they had a falling out but I'm glad to hear they've patched things up.

OP
OP
nilbog

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

Yep, because the Dr. Evil character was originally just Dana's Lorne Michaels impression.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this stuff in the app a couple of days ago. I was confused. A superbowl ad makes more sense than just paying them for a splash screen.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Those movies are two of my all-time favorites but I found these ads to be very cringe. Some things are just best left in the past.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
They did, but I think the was an interview with Carvey not too long ago that implied they were on ok terms again.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Dana does a decent job, but Mike Myers really fails to capture Wayne. So low energy and expressionless, just going through the motions.

For contrast, here's classic Wayne's World

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they did Wayne's World during the SNL 40 year special.

I wonder if they had patched things by then

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Wayne's World sold out when they said they would never bow down to any sponsor. It's like these people only do these things to get paid, and that's just really sad.

....the 2nd one gave me a chuckle with the babies.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Cardi doing her pigeon call was the best part. These were a decent imitation, but there really wasn't anything funny about them which kinda misses the point.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't SNL rife with this kind of thing. I remember David Spade talking about Dana Carvey taking his ideas.