• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017

The only relevant news to come out of the stream of Netflix anime announcements, imo.

I've never read the manga but the PV they released last year made me a fan for life:

There's also a currently running live action series which looks like your typical goofy, overacted Japanese comedy faire.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
The manga is amazing and there's also a live action series (which that PV is from). If you're into house husband you'll adore the LA series. It's shot flawlessly and very true to the series. The anime is gonna have a lot to live up to.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is popular, think I only read the 1st few chapters long time ago
Might try and check them out again

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint about the manga is there doesn't seem to be any overarching plot. It's just a series of vignettes.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The comic is fucking amazing, and that live action sure in the OP is almost exactly how the comic feels. Although the guy is a bit too skinny, his face looks exactly as I pictured our hero. I'm really excited about this anime, although I will admit that the manga does get a bit repetitive.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for this; this is like the only ongoing manga I really read with great enthusiasm lol

That one PV is great because it's acted out by the seiyuu of Tatsu himself (Kenjiro Tsuda, of Seto Kaiba fame). I know he doesn't do too much live-action acting, but I wish he did the actual Live Action series, he's hilarious.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Whuzzat? Seems fun. Edumacate me, google-sensei.

(Reluctantly returns one hour+ later)
Ooooh. That's cute. And wild. What a nice premise. Thanks for the tip.

Somehow reminds me of Eisaku Kubonouchi's Chocolat, even though the only link is "Yakuza doing silly things".

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
maeo71mmocy41.png

surprised it hasn't had a sega yakuza crossover yet

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for this; this is like the only ongoing manga I really read with great enthusiasm lol

That one PV is great because it's acted out by the seiyuu of Tatsu himself (Kenjiro Tsuda, of Seto Kaiba fame). I know he doesn't do too much live-action acting, but I wish he did the actual Live Action series, he's hilarious.
That PV is great. He pulls off the vibe so well.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That live action skit was adorable, and the Roomba bit got a genuine laugh out of me. I await more feel-good fodder.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Excited to see how the anime goes, manga is really fun.

Kind of also want to watch the live action version.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh i thought this was about Moyoco Anno's nanga about Hideaki Anno's homelife :((

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
this sounds pretty funny lol
Viz has a preview of the manga on their site/ap if you're in the US
My only complaint about the manga is there doesn't seem to be any overarching plot. It's just a series of vignettes.
Gag Manga adaptations pulls it off all the time. And plenty of stuff with more standalone episodes with some character progression but no overall plot like Cells at work. Comedy doesn't have to have an arc

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like a goddamn slideshow, what the fuck

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
You know? this could be a case where even if the animation looks like a slideshow, the content and (hopefully) the voice acting more than compensate that because the manga is FANTASTIC.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is that?
If you have almost no budget, at least do a motion manga correctly using the original material, this looks like they redrew the panels in a worse way.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ. I wonder if that poor VA knew how hard he was going for a production that was giving it a 1/10 of what he was

Last edited: