• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I remember one Summer, my brother I and went to Toys R Us and they had a promotion that if you spent something like $25, they gave you a huge version of one of those water guns where, if you stick the one end in a bucket and pull the other side out, it sucks up a shit-ton of water. So we each bought a decent Super Soaker, so we got two of the free promos. The free guns were seriously like fucking water cannons, like hoses hooked up to fire hydrants. It was insane. Obviously, you were limited by the actual buckets themselves, but we built like a fort in our backyard, and kids kept coming by to try to get the jump on us. The kids in our neighborhood that we were playing with got fucking PISSED, because they got drenched and the regular Super Soakers didn't do near the same amount of damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else take the water tank off and attach a garden hose to it? Unlimited ammo when staying stationary!
I wonder if my old arsenal is still in my parent's garage or house, one day I'll check

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
This was the best and all you needed. Built well, good pressure and didn't weigh a ton.
Super_soaker_50.jpg
I just got a 50-pump shot of nostalgia.

adso

Nov 6, 2017
I'm 22 and my childhood water guns were always terrible. Anything big or fancy just broke really fast, so I usually stuck to the basic pistol ones. If they changed it must have been before 2008 or so.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Walking around the park with a Super Soaker 100 like the god damned Terminator was a highlight of my childhood.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine there's some great resources for making really sweet water guns. They aren't that technically complex.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
It was all about only using a water pistol and stealthing around pretending you were solid snake.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha! Water guns are better than ever.

BEHOLD THE SPYRA

OMG that is the most Euro thing I've ever seen, down to the weird fun-house mirror version of an "American" party. Jeeps! Red Solo Cups! Barbecue! But the lake water is clean and the people smoke cigarettes.

Also I bet the actual gun is shit and the prototype can only shoot one shot and is pressurized by a gas canister.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
my parents were poor growing up, so i mostly had dollar store rip-offs of super-soakers which leaked everywhere and/or had the water pressure of an old man taking a leak.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

I owned this baby when I was 18, this guy could peel paint, it had three nozzle setting I believe..Laser cutter-to fire hose. It took about 200 pumps but god it was worth it!
Omg I remember this fucking monster of a rifle.

My man. That was my favorite water gun ever.

I also rolled with this Super Soaker 10 as my side arm
This was a great companion weapon. Excellent handling. Easy to carry on your hip. Quick refill.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Now I want to fly 1500 km just to see if my Splashzooka is still in my folks basement.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
OMG that is the most Euro thing I've ever seen, down to the weird fun-house mirror version of an "American" party. Jeeps! Red Solo Cups! Barbecue! But the lake water is clean and the people smoke cigarettes.

Also I bet the actual gun is shit and the prototype can only shoot one shot and is pressurized by a gas canister.

You're not wrong about the das ist Amerikan partytime! But what makes you think it won't work as advertised? I guess we'll find out when it launches this summer, but if you're right, they'd be straight up lying to their customers. I feel like that doesn't seem super likely?

Oct 25, 2017
I donated the parts of my collection that still worked when I moved out of state but I still have a Monster XL but lost the charger base. Used to have: CPS2000, XP275, XP150, XP105, XP75, XP55, SS300, SS100, SS50 and a few others. Saved up money in the summer to buy them but made the mistake of letting the punks at summer daycare borrow them on water fight day. They broke most of them.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong about the das ist Amerikan partytime! But what makes you think it won't work as advertised? I guess we'll find out when it launches this summer, but if you're right, they'd be straight up lying to their customers. I feel like that doesn't seem super likely?

Just naked cynicism on my part. Plus it's pretty common for engineers to create "mock-ups" that "reflect the final product" in order to attract investors as they get down to the brass tacks of designing their new tech.

Dreenk

Oct 27, 2017
This was the best and all you needed. Built well, good pressure and didn't weigh a ton.
Super_soaker_50.jpg

We had like 6 of these at my grandparents' place in the country for weekends/summer when the kids would all visit, and it was non-stop soaked carnage. Running through trails and manning the playhouse to attack or defend various parts of the yard. That plus sprinklers plus water balloons. So much fun.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

I owned this baby when I was 18, this guy could peel paint, it had three nozzle setting I believe..Laser cutter-to fire hose. It took about 200 pumps but god it was worth it!
Oh man, I had this thing. it was killer. Took a ton of pumps, and only had like three rounds in the tank, but it felt soooooo good. I remember it had a really satisfying "click" feeling when it shot, as it was letting the pressure out.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Owned this classic beauty back in the day:

As well as this bad boy:

EDIT: Better pictures

Goddamn nostalgia bomb. I had the second one and I always thought mine was unique because pumping it required a ton of force, it made the pressure gauge go all the way to overdrive levels and it spit out water like a fucking railgun. The pressure was insane compared to the others I owned.

Kinda makes me sad that watergun tech hasn't evolved. I might have to dive into the garage to make my own once my future kids want one.

Quasaromega

Oct 29, 2017
I wanted this so badly when I was a kid. The commercials were torture.

Trust me, you were indeed missing out. Took forever to pump and lost its pressure quickly, but it was easily the most badass off all of them. I begged to get one one summer after having the 50, wanting to one up my friends in the ever-advancing water wars. This thing didn't just get you the look, it really did its job too! Absolutely drenched loads of people, a water gun should not be able to unleash the kind of volume it did. Favorite non-electronic toy I ever got lol

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn nostalgia bomb. I had the second one and I always thought mine was unique because pumping it required a ton of force, it made the pressure gauge go all the way to overdrive levels and it spit out water like a fucking railgun. The pressure was insane compared to the others I owned.
As far as the XP series went, the 105 and the 150 were as good as it got. The 105 gave you more power and less weight, but the 150 held its pressure longer and had a bigger reservoir.

I heard good things about the XP110, which looks like a reconfigured 105, but I never used one.

Still, the 100 was my favorite.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I had one that had dual nozzles, but could be twisted to combine them into a single high-powered nozzle. The range on that bad boy was ridiculous.