• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

20. Magnavox Odyssey
19. Xbox
18. Gamecube
17. Gameboy Advance
16. SEGA Dreamcast
15. PlayStation 3
14. Nintendo Wii
13. Atari 2600
12. Gameboy/Gameboy Color
11. Nintendo 3DS
10. PlayStation 4
9. Nintendo 64
8. SEGA Genesis
7. PlayStation
6. Nintendo Switch
5. Xbox 360
4. Nintendo DS
3. SNES
2. PlayStation 2
1. NES

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Really arbitrary list. Why would you ever place the 3DS above any of the other Nintendo handhelds, etc.

EDIT: My personal top 5 would probably be:

5. GBA
4. SNES
3. PS1
2. DS
1. PS2

Though the only aspect I'm judging them on at all is the game libraries.

Last edited:

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
Why is the Gameboy so low? It isn't a console, but it had a huge influence on the medium and market. It survived for a decade and much more advanced handhelds.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Glad to see N64 get some respect, but 3DS continues to be wildly overrated.

Don't have much else to say regarding the other consoles. PS2 is my personal fav, but I respect NES being there since it saved the gaming industry.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
The switch does not deserve to be higher than the ps4. What the hell was watch mojo doing? The n64 better than the ps4 too? Seriously?

The ps4 should have been where they ranked the 360.

The top 3 is understable but I would have given the nod to either the ps2 or snes. Both system just had so many awesome games under it's belt.

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. I guess? Yeah, I guess...

What I mean is... You know... For example. The N64. A couple of great, great games. Probably the best. Mario 64, OoT, Pokémon Snap (?). But including it in this list instead of the Vita, which has an overall much stronger lineup? Eh...

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Also why no love for Neo geo? Yes it was niche but can anyone really tell me the Magnavox Odyssey was a better console than it?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm not one to dunk on WatchMojo at the drop of a hat, but that is a fucking awful list. There's so much wrong with it that I don't even know where to begin.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the Gameboy so low?
Basic WatchMojo tactics.

The only way to justify having the NES at the top of the list is due to its historical significance and nostalgia. However, in order to give the people who disagree with this some ammo, they need to take another historically important system, and push it down the list. This breaks the internal logic of the list, ensuring that nobody is happy with it, and that it's as easy as possible for people who dislike the list to express what they don't like about it, so they talk more about it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would...definitely not put the Switch above the PS4, let alone that high in general.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Really arbitrary list. Why would you ever place the 3DS above any of the other Nintendo handhelds, etc.

EDIT: My personal top 5 would probably be:

5. GBA
4. SNES
3. PS1
2. DS
1. PS2

Though the only aspect I'm judging them on at all is the game libraries.

Yeah I didn't understand that as well. (not baggings on the 3ds, it's still a great handheld but it wasn't the better than the any of the handhelds that came before it).

Personal top 5 would be this:

5. PS4
4. Gamecube
3. DS
2. SNES
1. PS2

Ps4 complete dominance and just setting everything right with gamer's and developers for creating a system easy to develop for and making it affordable is the reason I view the system so high. It's had nothing but AAA games majority of it's release (minus 2013 lol). The nes was my first console but I just didn't care for the titles or held much nostalgia as many here have for the system. I thought the snes blew it out of the water.

Gamecube had the best line up of titles during it's era (Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time), the DS was probably the best thing Nintendo has released in the past 20 years.

The ps2 and it's mountain of AAA games puts it's above the rest imo. I don't think we will ever see a console that had achieved that much success from a sales and software released ever again.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I am curious as to the criteria. Because in terms of infastructure, capabilities, services (including GamePass), accessibility, UI, control, aesthetics, HDR/4K, apps and media options, I think the Xbox One X or even S deserves a spot on the list. If we are solely talking exclusives then I get the omission, but it should be top 20 consoles with the best libraries or most influential libraries.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
WatchMojo back with another terrible list.
WatchMojo list. -.-"
I'm not one to dunk on WatchMojo at the drop of a hat, but that is a fucking awful list. There's so much wrong with it that I don't even know where to begin.
I can't believe watchmojo out a bad list /s

Yup. Not sure why we have to keep doing this to ourselves with watchmojo.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
I am curious as to the criteria. Because in terms of infastructure, capabilities, services (including GamePass), accessibility, UI, control, aesthetics, HDR/4K, apps and media options, I think the Xbox One X or even S deserves a spot on the list. If we are solely talking exclusives then I get the omission, but it should be top 20 consoles with the best libraries or most influential libraries.
It cant be library.
Ps3 has more 80+, 90+ exclusives than most if not all consoles above it plus most new quality ips shared with 360. Also xone can be top 20 at least.
N64 that high. Joke list.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's an awful list, lol. Especially the Gamecube at 18 and PS4 at 10 is so wrong.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
In what universe is the 360 better than PS3 let alone PS4?

Edit: ALSO PS1?

OOF

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
It cant be library.
Ps3 has more 80+, 90+ exclusives than most if not all consoles above it plus most new quality ips shared with 360. Also xone can be top 20 at least.
N64 that high. Joke list.
Agreed. Like, I like the Switch and all, but tons of Wii U ports for it to be up there for solely library. Idk. PS3 shoulda been higher, Xbox One make the cut

PeaceSeeker

Chicken Chaser
Apr 17, 2018
I would rank og xbox much higher, higher than GC, 3DS, Gameboy Advance
It is such a forward looking console which came with ethernet port, 5.1 audio channel

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A console with a hardware flaw as huge as the RROD shouldn't be in the top 5 consoles of all time.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
I didn't really like the PS3, but it's criminal that it's that far back. Also, no way the Wii is that far back. If anything, the Wii should be ahead of the 360.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
It's their list, they can do whatever they want, I guess.
I'm kind of agreeing with not having the PS4 too high, though.
Could be my age, but this gen just wasn't as exciting for me.