• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

10. Bleeding Edge
9. WWE 2K Battlegrounds
8. Cooking Mama: Cookstar
7. Mafia II: Definitive Edition
6. The Elder Scrolls: Blades
5. Remothered: Broken Porcelain
4. Fast & Furious Crossroads
3. Dawn of Fear
2. Warcraft III: Reforged
1. Crucible

dishonorable mentions:
- Those Who Remain
- Waking
- Rugby 20
- Warlander
- Treachery in Beatdown City

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Warcraft III Reforged was one of my most disappointing moments in gaming history, it also permanently broke my trust of Blizzard to the point that I'll never get hyped for one of their games until it's fully out and we see what the final product is. Don't care if Starcraft 3 is announced tomorrow, let's see the actual release first.

Oct 27, 2017
Does Bleeding Edge really belong in this list?! I mean it looked pretty bland and didn't seem to find much audience but I find it hard to believe it's one of the "worst" games of the year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the list just reminds me of how loooong of a year 2020 has been. it feels like years ago when people were mad at warcraft 3 reforged.

Oct 25, 2017
Warcraft III Reforged was one of my most disappointing moments in gaming history, it also permanently broke my trust of Blizzard to the point that I'll never get hyped for one of their games until it's fully out and we see what the final product is. Don't care if Starcraft 3 is announced tomorrow, let's see the actual release first.
I feel exactly the same, they even retroactively made the classic WC3 worse.
I just hope, they won't touch Diablo 2.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Cooking Mama: Cookstar saga was fun though

www.kotaku.com.au

Cooking Mama: Cookstar Rumoured To Be A Cryptocurrency Mining Scheme After Online Delisting

Cooking Mama: Cookstar hit retail stores last week — but the game was never launched digitally. According to reports, it was briefly listed in the U.S. Switch eShop, but was swiftly taken down. But before you buy the game in Australia, be aware that there’s accusations the game was harbouring a...
screenrant.com

Cooking Mama: Cookstar's Owner Is Taking Legal Action Against Its Publisher

Office Create is not happy with Planet Entertainment.

Also had no idea Blades was released this year.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering this is WatchMojo, They got Bleeding Edge and that Nick racer on the wrong lists for each and should switch them.

At least we know where Reforged is now.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
where is this

oM20ugDPoGWmbJOeLYVunesm.png

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
WWE 2K battlegrounds is actually pretty fun game but has a scummy way of unlocking things. Take Two seem to be a fan of this method.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
This is a terrible list. Crucible was the worst game of 2020? Really? Come on.

Bleeding Edge, a game that was kinda bland and failed to find an audience, but seemed otherwise... fine... was the 10th worst game of the entire year? One below that horrible Battlegrounds game?

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
uhhh how does Treachery in Beatdown City belong anywhere close to this list?

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean, given the levels of all-out media saturation we're dealing with, it's way harder (and way less feasible) to make any kind of legit worst-of list than it is to make a best-of list. These games might suck, but I guarantee there are literally thousands of much, much, much worse games down in the dregs of Steam or the Switch eShop.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm still sad about Warcraft III. I play the game every week and Blizzard has murdered my favorite game of all time.

It was up untill that point that I had respect for Blizzard. But this is how they threat their old fans. Still haven't fixed a thing like adding clans or custom campaigns. Features that were part of the original version. Which can't be played anymore .....

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reforged is interesting as it's one of the few shitty remasters to actually ruin the old game, even if you didn't buy it! Unless something changed, I still don't have a legitimate way to return to the pre-Reforged version of Warcraft 3. The UI is ruined and even with the old graphics, it looks worse than before. That's not even mentioning the downgrades to the multiplayer mode.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
As far as i know, Bleeding Edge is not even a bad game. I think there is plenty worse out there.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Warcraft III was such a disappointment. Even thinking about it right now pains me.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
"remothered plays like a playstation 1 cut scene."

I'm sorry but is that a problem? I love me some janky horror games at $30. :-|

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Whats up with Mafia 2? I was thinking of getting the trilogy at some point.

Also Bleeding Edge seems like am odd choice, it was very average and pretty small in scope.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Reforged is interesting as it's one of the few shitty remasters to actually ruin the old game, even if you didn't buy it! Unless something changed, I still don't have a legitimate way to return to the pre-Reforged version of Warcraft 3. The UI is ruined and even with the old graphics, it looks worse than before. That's not even mentioning the downgrades to the multiplayer mode.

While you can still download and use the old client, Battle.net won't work on it anymore (obviously) but if you're fine playing single player or over LAN, this is an alternative!

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I find odd that most posts here are not suggesting worst games, just saying the ones here are "not that bad".

Let me fix that: where is contra?

Nov 4, 2017
Original Warcraft 3 with supersampling still looks pretty damn spiffy IMO. The CGI videos are rough though. Still, I'd rather play that than the insulting joke that was WarCraft 3 Refunded. Blizzard has gone from being one of my top 5 developers to something I've lost all faith in.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While you can still download and use the old client, Battle.net won't work on it anymore (obviously) but if you're fine playing single player or over LAN, this is an alternative!
Just curious: Does Blizzard still offer the download of the old client? I couldn't find an official download when I last checked.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Nothing has changed besides some bug fixes. The multiplayer is still barebones and the UI is laggy. The community has now created their own custom UI on top of the current Reforged UI.

Bringing back elements and features from classic Warcraft 3 such as tournaments, clans and the classic chat channels.

EmvcHq6XcAQW_Aj

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Cooking Mama actually bad if you liked the previous games? I was thinking of buying it for someone's christmas present and they quite liked the older games. I have to say though seeing Mama dance in those clips put me right off that idea.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Just curious: Does Blizzard still offer the download of the old client? I couldn't find an official download when I last checked.

I don't think Blizzard does officially but many people in the community had the old installer so I just grabbed it from one of them earlier this year (was from a legit Pastebin if I remember correctly). I have it installed on my machine and it works fine (1.31.1) to this day.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I watched a very amusing video about Remothered in October; I remember coming away with positive impressions, though it was a bit janky. Did it nosedive after the first hour, or somehting?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

Wait I missed that part, you can't run OG WC3? Reforged is forced onto you?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think Warcraft 3 should win by default. There are worse games out there, but retroactively ruining an older classic is a real feat.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
WWE Battlegrounds and Bleeding Edge do not belong in that list. Hell - Fast and Furious shouldn't even be there. They all do what they are supposed to do and are the definition of middle of the road games. I could easily pick 10 shitty games from Steam that nobody's ever heard of that would be objectively worse than most of this list.

Worst of the Year lists are the worst.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
WWE Battlegrounds and Bleeding Edge do not belong in that list. Hell - Fast and Furious shouldn't even be there. They all do what they are supposed to do and are the definition of middle of the road games. I could easily pick 10 shitty games from Steam that nobody's ever heard of that would be objectively worse than most of this list.

Worst of the Year lists are the worst.

But lists are interesting to read because we know the games.

No one cares about "10 worst Steam shovelwares"

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think Warcraft 3 should win by default. There are worse games out there, but retroactively ruining an older classic is a real feat.

While I agree, Crucible was supposed to be the next Fortnite. Amazon put a ton of money and marketing into it fully intending it to be a phenomenon and it fell HARD.

No console launch titles this gen, good stuff Sony and MS.

Or CONSOLES. IIRC the PS3 was pretty high on most people's lists for the worst of 2006, only spared by the absolute abomination that was Sonic.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
WC3 Reforged is such a travesty.. How could that happen to such a legendary and important game. God damnit Blizzard.