• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EroSennin

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing Racism Over Multiple Posts; Account in Junior Phase
RE5 fucking sucks, and deserves every criticism about it being racist trash. RE6 is a mistake on every level.
Such a silly take lmao. And you do realize that the reason we got co-op RE5 and all the cool stuff from beta that was removed is partly a fault of those that were complaining about racism.

Last edited:

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
How is RE5 racist? That's ridiculous.
RE5 literally includes a scene early on where a random white blonde woman runs out screaming for help before she is grabbed by a group of black men and dragged into a house. There is no point to her inclusion beyond playing off that visual language and the baggage that comes with that. And this is long before you start shooting at black people in grass skirts throwing spears.

This ain't a new take. People were criticizing it of this same shit 12 years ago.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
5 got done dirty. Top of any RE list picks itself though, always going to be the same few. I see the same suspects here.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand why people dislike 5 and 6 but I wouldnt call either of them bad. They're really fun when you play them co-op.

I enjoy the solo and more tense RE games but 5 and 6 were fun for what they were. I think if they weren't called resident evil then people might have liked them more

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm okay with the first 5 picks, but looking at the list, i think revelations 1 should be at the bottom. in what world are RE5 and RE6 worse than revelations? fuckin zero is better than revelations 1, revelations 2 is better than revelations 1.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously don't get what people see in the first Revelations. The only thing that game had going for it was the graphics... for being a 3DS game, that is. It's like the most forgettable RE I've played, with terrible plot and characters.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Did i play the same Rev1 as you guys?
rev was Really good tho.
Also the 3d effect was insane.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
i'm okay with the first 5 picks, but looking at the list, i think revelations 1 should be at the bottom. in what world are RE5 and RE6 worse than revelations? fuckin zero is better than revelations 1, revelations 2 is better than revelations 1.
I wouldn't call Revelations a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it more than 5. It takes the action-oriented gameplay of 5 and turns it into a tighter experience. 5 kinda drags.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Echoing sentiment that top 5 is solid but the rest just kinda loses credibility IMO.

Out of the games listed, this is my personal order of preference:

14. Resident Evil Zero
13. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
12. Resident Evil 6
11. Resident Evil
10. Resident Evil Revelations 2
9. Resident Evil Revelations
8. Resident Evil 3 Remake (tentative position, still playing through it right now)
7. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
6. Resident Evil 5 (coop)
5. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
4. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil Remake
2. Resident Evil 4
1. Resident Evil 2 Remake

I can easily play #12 on up and enjoy it to this day. 13 and 14 are both pretty hard for me to stomach, though.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Did people really hate RE5 that much? or is this an outlier opinion by Watchmojo?
It's a retread of RE4, but replace all the awesome stuff with slightly worse stuff, and co-op.

I think those with zero interest in playing a Resident Evil game co-op, like myself, found RE5 extremely underwhelming.

They added in a handful of fan-favourite characters to get the older fans on board...it didn't work on me.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Did people really hate RE5 that much? or is this an outlier opinion by Watchmojo?

i think it was the biggest disappointment (with gta 4) i've ever experienced in my gaming life. re4 is my favourite game of all time and the first trailer for re5 blew me away. i was expecting an expanded re4 in a new underused setting. the fact that they changed into being a coop shooter is a crime, but even i have to admit that it's still a pretty good game.

Jun 18, 2018
S Rank: RE1, RE2, RE4
A Rank: RE1Make, RE2Make, RE7, RE Rev 2
B Rank: RE5, RE3
C Rank: RE6, RE Rev 1, RE:CV, RE: Gaiden
You're Dead: OCR, Survivor series, Corps & Chronicles

Capcom are on a roll at the moment, here's hoping they stay above 'B' now for the future.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RE5 and RE6 are weird. Like, they're not very good games but they're remarkably fun to play regardless. The Mercenaries mode in RE6 is the best one in the series just because of how awesome the combat is and RE5 is very fun to play with a friend.

rev was Really good tho.

I liked Revelations a lot and it's mind blowing they got it working on the 3DS. The boat is kinda huge and the Terragigria segments were amazing. I'm just not sure it aged well since it's still fundamentally a handheld game and the design is limited because of it.

I'd love a remake one day where they get to fully explore the awesome ideas that game had.

Oct 27, 2017
RE3 OG needs to be higher and REmake 2 a bit lower. Revelations should be lower as well cause while it is a good game, it is a bit bland. I would replace it with Revelations 2 cause it is way better.

Edit: Also RE5 deserves the spot it has. It was racist in places and what it does to Jill is disgusting.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
4 and 5 are not that far apart, no way. I don't like either game very much but from what I've played they have pretty much the same gameplay and enemy design, just with a coop mode added to it. Yeah it was cool to get a numbered RE game as a Gamecube exclusive and I feel that was responsible for 70% of the hype back then but if we look at the quality of these games you can't tell me that two games which are almost identical have such a gulf in quality between them.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
RE2 Remake is better than RE4 IMO

wzVp8Hm.gif

Maybe if they release director's cut version with higher enemy variety and improved B scenario.

lol RE6 at the place it's deserves btw.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019

Not really hated on ERA

www.resetera.com

The resurgence of Resident Evil this gen has gotten me into Resident Evil for the first time

The sources that are saying a Resident Evil 3 remake is in the works got me excited. It's reminded me that, after a rough transition into the PS3/360/Wii generation, Resident Evil has returned to critical acclaim. But honestly, this is the first decade I've ever been excited for a Resident Evil...
www.resetera.com

What do you think of Resident Evil 5?

SImple question: What do you think about the more divisive 5th entry of the Resident Evil franchise?

braisbr1

Oct 4, 2019
Resident Evil 6 dead last.

Holy shit, delusional. The game's combat alone elevates it past the unremarkable Revelations 1, and the horrendous Resident Evil 0. RE0 has no redeeming qualities beyond its save room music and awesome pre-rendered backgrounds.

EDIT: Yeah... this list sucks lmao.

Why does the list suck, especially with a lmao at the end? I can understand from your comment that you might prefer Resident Evil 6's combat over some or all of the other entries, and that's of course fine. But I take it for granted - and I might be wrong of course - that, if we are ranking games of the same franchise, we should look at them not just as independent entries but also as how good they are in keeping to what makes the franchise recognisable.

To explain myself better - if we are talking about the best horror movies, we would create a list with only horror movie entries. A different movie from a different genre might be a better product overall, but it would be beyond the scope of the ranking.

To me, that's a similar situation to what you are describing when you mention the combat in RE6. Sure, you might prefer it to that of 0, but when you look at the game as a whole... I for one couldn't continue playing it after the first hour, it seemed like an insult to my intelligence with all of the nonsensical and over the top set pieces. Very far away from the best moments of the franchise, which are often tied to tense and compact moments rather than Michal Bay's set pieces. There's little in 6 of what makes a Resident Evil game a Resident Evil game, and I think its position in the list is well deserved.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god....I forget I had a Zero game running that I have not gone back to, it was at the last boss as well. RE Zero is such a forgettable game, it feels like such a lesser RE game in a lot of its design and lacks any memorable moments or characters. The game's main hook feels like something they thought would be cool on paper but never executed in a way that really made any lick of difference when it's all said and done.

Also....fuck off with that instant death bullshit giant frog encounters that just came out of nowhere and not telegraphed beforehand.

RE5 placement is just wrong. It might be flawed(compared to the goat RE4) but it is hella fun and a joy to replay even now. Filled with batshit moments and characters and awesome combat encounters inside setpieces, puzzle arenas and boss fights. And it was all topped off with the best damn Merc mode in RE history, made even better with Gold edition. At the time it was seen as a bad RE game but I think history has been much kinder to it.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha at Code: Veronica X #12!
It's the best Resident Evil game just after RE2: Re.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be my personal list

14. Resident Evil: Revelations
13. Resident Evil 0
12. Resident Evil 6
11. Resident Evil Revelations 2
10. Resident Evil
9. Resident Evil 5
8. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
7. Resident Evil: CODE: Veronica
6. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
5. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil 3 Remake
3. Resident Evil 2 Remake
2. Resident Evil Remake
1. Resident Evil 4

Oct 27, 2017
Must Plays
REmake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Resident Evil 7

Worth a Play
RE4
RE5 (co-op)

Dog Shit
Resident Evil 6

Who Fucking Cares?
Code Veronica
RE0
Revelations 1 & 2

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The hate of Revelations 1 is outstanding. I played on my 3ds when it released and i had a great experience, also it was somewhat a reutern to form, even if so slightly, after the trash that was RE6. When it released on 3ds, people were super positive on it. Do most people here played it on console or PC?
Becuase they need to think it was a game thought for portable first and foremost.

rev was Really good tho.
My only explantion is people that played it on something that wasnt on 3ds

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly alright list. I'd put 4 lower and 5 and 7 higher though. Resident Evil Remake for me is hands down the best game the series has ever produced. It has the intelligent level design the series has been known for in many of its earlier entries and returned in 7 and RE2make. One of my main criticisms with RE3make is on this point of very linear and controlled level design - for me RE games mostly thrive when the player Is able to get to grips with the location intimately. Plus, the original Remake also adheres closely to the purest form of what I would look at as survival horror.

Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil 6 and 5 deserves to be at the bottom of any RE lists.. god what an awful days these were for the original fans of the series.

And REmake 1 should be Number one followed by REmake 2 number two.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
RE5 WAY too low. It's better than many games in the franchise, especially, say, Resident Evil Revelations. In fact RER is way too damn high, RER2 is way better.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Wow didn't realise people hated Revelations 1 so much...it's like my favourite one after 4.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Resident Evil 5 being that low is just disrespectful. Also I'd rank 7 a lot higher.

Revelations is such a fucking snooze fest I could finish it

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
In a way I feel that REmake 2 should be the template for mainline Resident Evil games going forward. It's pretty much the game that reviews and fans told me RE4 was before I bought it. It finds that middle ground between action, puzzles and horror with all of these three components being as competently designed as they ever have been in the series. At least from my perspective.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
5 is a good game, just not as great as 4, the fuck is everyone's problem with that game.

Oct 28, 2017
That list is bad comedy. Revelations is poor and no way is Resi 4 better than either Resi 2, remake or remake 2 imo.

And Resi 5 is a guilty pleasure. Maybe not a great Resident Evil, but it was a good game in co-op.