• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

honorable mentions:
Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (2017)
Shovel Knight (2014)
Subnautica (2018)
Rocket League (2015)

the list:
20 - Overwatch (2016)
19 - Bloodborne (2015)
18 - Undertale (2015)
17 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
16 - Celeste (2018)
15 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018)
14 - NieR: Automata (2017)
13 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018)
12 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015)
11 - Persona 5 (2017)
10 - Batman: Arkham City (2011)
9 - God of War (2018)
8 - Portal 2 (2011)
7 - Minecraft (2011)
6 - Mass Effect 2 (2010)
5 - Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (2013)
4 - The Last of Us (2013)
3 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
2 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
1 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you could just remove this...Nier game? What the fuck is a Nier...whatever, anyway, if you could just remove that game. Or the homophobic weeb one, and put, like, Dark Souls there. Yeah, Dark Souls. You'd have a good list. And since we're creating two spots because of my demands, you might as well put Fallout New Vegas in there as well. There ya go.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
If you could just remove this...Nier game? What the fuck is a Nier...whatever, anyway, if you could just remove that game. Or the homophobic weeb one, and put, like, Dark Souls there. Yeah, Dark Souls. You'd have a good list. And since we're creating two spots because of my demands, you might as well put Fallout New Vegas in there as well. There ya go.

They touched upon Dark Souls with BB argument, seems like they're doing one per series and they think BB is the best (which I agree with). Granted, BB and DkS aren't exactly the same series, but it's close enough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2012 is the only year in the decade with no game represented in the list or the honorable mentions.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Infinite snubbed again. Fuck this shit.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Minecraft is too low, and that's from someone who has pretty much never played it. It is a triumph of staying power. Can't disagree with much else. Nice to see Horizon get a shout.

Infinite snubbed again. Fuck this shit.

It isn't out until next year, although I agree that it should be considered since there was no year zero as far as I'm aware.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of Fortnite but not putting it on the list shows how much out of touch these channels are.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Automatically a good list due to its rightful acknowledgement of Nier Automata

EDIT: Well, aside from P5 anyways

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Not a fan of Fortnite but not putting it on the list shows how much out of touch these channels are.
Why would it be in the list? It didn't start the genre nor did it revolutionized it, pubg did all those things before it, if anything it should be on the list not Fortnite. Just because it's a popular game it should automatically be on the list?

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Arkham City, Nier and Persona 5 over the mighty Bloodborne?

8NNCMVQ.gif

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
The Witcher is a great game but game of the decade that's a bit too much....No Borderlands, Destiny both of which ushered the MMO Lite/ GaaS / Shlooter franchise, How about L4D? Larger chunk of the games seem from the last 5 years than the decade...

Edit : * Removed Influential, but its still not game of the decade

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher is a great game but most influential of the decade that's a bit too much....No Borderlands, Destiny both of which ushered the MMO Lite GaaS model, How about L4D? Larger chunk of the games seem from the last 5 years than the decade...

It's not a most influential list tho

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Why would it be in the list? It didn't start the genre neither did it revolutionized it, pubg did all those things before it, if anything it should be on the list not Fortnite. Just because it's a popular game it should automatically be on the list?

Fortnite is a game that's gonna be there longer than most games on that list. It's not because it's popular.

The effort and updates Epic is pouring into it is exceptional . The rapid constant support and updates is enough for me to make it a quality game.

Note: I don't even play Fortnite.

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Dark Souls is a masterpiece and I'd argue one of the most influential games of the decade.

How is that shit not top 5 son

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The right number one! My game of the decade and game of the generation. :)

I'm also pleased God of War (2018) is making it into all of those lists and most of the time into the top 10. Such a beautiful, masterfully crafted game. And that is coming from someone who disliked all of the older GoW games, lol.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny really deserved a slot if only for the raid-gameplay, but other than that it seems like a pretty solid list. The Witcher 3 at #1 is a bit much, but on the whole it is pretty balanced.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
List is pretty legit, as far as I'm concerned. Though I'd have personally placed Bloodborne a bit higher.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Witcher at #1 in any of these lists confuse me. The combat is far too shallow for me to put it as a #1.

Overall pretty solid list though, glad to see BB, P5, and Nier there. Really, any list without Nier in it is a failure IMO.

AndrewLuke

Nov 15, 2019
It's overall a solid list. I know this is watchmojo we're talking about but I do kinda wish it was a little less..."safe picks."

Riboflavin

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Lol Witcher at #1 but no Fortnite a game enjoyed by millions. Laughable.

But but muh video game writing.

Enjoy your genre fiction tripe you pretentious nerds.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Not a bad list at all. The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt definitely deserves the top spot, though I imagine many would prefer to see it and Breath of the Wild swap places.

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Please.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Wow...their introducing words of excluding games like Fortnite must have really stung, huh?

Lighten up, it is just a list. ;)

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Why should Fortnite be on the list? Based on quality or popularity? Given your last part ("out of touch") I reckon you mean the latter. In any case, most of these lists are based on preference anyway.