• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There cannot be a better show currently on television. Each episode is somehow stronger than the last. Incredible.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I buy Trieu being an opposing force to the 7th Kavalry. It wouldn't surprise me if their success factors into her plan.

Dec 12, 2017
Holy SHIT

EKwHrlzW4AAacuY
Champion.

Sometimes the internet is gooood.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Not sure I buy Trieu being an opposing force to the 7th Kavalry. It wouldn't surprise me if their success factors into her plan.

I think its more her plan is another extreme just in the other direction, like something Veidt would do. That leaves Angela (and Manhattan) stuck in the middle trying to stop both sides.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Tremendous. I cannot believe the Excalibur theory came true.

Angela being inspired by a film that starred someone who looked like her just like Will was was perfect.

I cannot wait for next week. I love this show.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to believe it, but it kind of became undeniable after the random heaven doesn't exist discussion he had with the daughters.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
My friends and my dad were calling me crazy for thinking that Cal was Doctor Manhattan but there were so many hints to it, I still can't believe I was right. Praise be to the Dildo Theory!!! This show is absolutely insane and I love it.

Last edited:

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
So since Angela's grandfather gave Trieu the idea on how to stop the 7th does that mean the clock is going to be some kind of hypnosis device like films from last week? Maybe making the racists kill each other?

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm so conflicted about this show.

While good and it's had some unexpected turns somethings still irk me.

It's entertainment sourced and inspired from black plight at the behest of the show runner....a white dude. Imagine having to explain to co-workers that the Tulsa Riots were real....

Additionally in the end the savior is ultimately a bald white dude name Jon dressed up as a Black dude.....

Wtf..

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
That was wild, but it marks the first time I've felt nervous about the show's direction. I'm going to have to see why and how Manhattan did this. Also, it makes Angela an incredibly special person on multiple fronts, between being Hooded Justice's granddaughter and Manhattan's chosen companion. That makes it a pretty small world.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
Umm... what? Honestly this show feels like someone took an acid trip in the watchmen universe. Once again not crazy about the reveal as surprising as it is supposed to be. I feel like they are just trying to be shocking for the sake of being shocking, and I don't see how this can possibly pay off in the last two episodes. Feels like another Lost/Game of Thrones in that it's all buildup and not enough time for resolution. If I had to take a guess, I would say the Millennium Clock is going to wipe everyone's memory on earth for a total blank slate, but this show is taking so many left turns so who knows?

Meanwhile the Ozymandias section is one of the stupidest scenes/plotlines I've ever seen on television and has honestly ruined the character. How did they take one of the most compelling villains in the history of fiction and turn him into THIS?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda wondering if The Game Warden is actually a clone like Mr. Phillips. Maybe he's the oldest one, or perhaps the original.

I REALLY want to know what the fuck is going on with Veidt's storyline and how it will connect with the main plot.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm... what? Honestly this show feels like someone took an acid trip in the watchmen universe. Once again not crazy about the reveal as surprising as it is supposed to be. I feel like they are just trying to be shocking for the sake of being shocking, and I don't see how this can possibly pay off in the last two episodes. Feels like another Lost/Game of Thrones in that it's all buildup and not enough time for resolution. If I had to take a guess, I would say the Millennium Clock is going to wipe everyone's memory on earth for a total blank slate, but this show is taking so many left turns so who knows?

Meanwhile the Ozymandias section is one of the stupidest scenes/plotlines I've ever seen on television and has honestly ruined the character. How did they take one of the most compelling villains in the history of fiction and turn him into THIS?

totally agree with this.

People called it, it wasn't shocking or insane. And leaves far too many plot holes to fill in with only two episodes left, same with Ozymandias.

Why can't these shows write a great story with a great ending. Hopefully I'm wrong but his other work makes me believe he'll leave shit hang just for the sake of it

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Dr.M said he wanted to go create life at end of the comic I thought he created the clone bodies, not went to go fuck a hot vigilante

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was wild, but it marks the first time I've felt nervous about the show's direction. I'm going to have to see why and how Manhattan did this. Also, it makes Angela an incredibly special person on multiple fronts, between being Hooded Justice's granddaughter and Manhattan's chosen companion. That makes it a pretty small world.
Presumably Dr. Manhattan knew about her and her family's tragic past and that's why he fell in love with her.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
So this is what it looks like when someone completely understands the source material. DC should get Lindelof to write for Superman since they have no idea how to still.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
I'm kinda wondering if The Game Warden is actually a clone like Mr. Phillips. Maybe he's the oldest one, or perhaps the original.

I REALLY want to know what the fuck is going on with Veidt's storyline and how it will connect with the main plot.

He is very obviously another clone. But I agree - what the hell is the point of this plot line? It seems like it is purely for comic relief and pure ridiculousness. And Jeremy Irons has done a horrible job with the character, just hamming it up as much as possible.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
totally agree with this.

People called it, it wasn't shocking or insane. And leaves far too many plot holes to fill in with only two episodes left, same with Ozymandias.

Why can't these shows write a great story with a great ending. Hopefully I'm wrong but his other work makes me believe he'll leave shit hang just for the sake of it

How are you already complaining about the show's last two episodes

When you haven't even seen them

Y'all are wild here

Dec 23, 2017
Seems no one is talking about the trial? Did I hear correctly that it went on for hundreds of days, and that wink at the end by the prosecutor? I'm guessing the clock is meant to rescue Ozymandias somehow (teleportation technology of some kind exists per that portal device), and he was just stalling.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the comic say that they tried to do the whole Manhatten accident but it was impossible to make happen again for whatever reason.
The intrinsic field separator didn't give Dr. Manhattan his power, it only ripped him apart. It was Osterman putting himself back together that gave him the powers, and he was uniquely able to do this because of his watchmaker background.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY

Y'all are wild here

There is not enough time to resolve all of these balls up in the air in any kind of coherent way. If they somehow manage to pull it off, I'll gladly eat crow, but I can't see how it is possible.

Seems no one is talking about the trial? Did I hear correctly that it went on for hundreds of days, and that wink at the end by the prosecutor? I'm guessing the clock is meant to rescue Ozymandias somehow (teleportation technology of some kind exists per that portal device), and he was just stalling.

Clearly what's going on there is not happening in actual reality - likely some kind of a prison as others have surmised. But there are no stakes to it whatsoever—so why do we even need to see it?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, an elephant never forgets. So why not hook someone up to one to fix memory problems?

Also I watched this video after and I think that very much might be the reasoning behind the elephant

My first thought when seeing the elephant was that it was memory related, because of the saying that they have good memories. I think orca whales do too.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
He is very obviously another clone. But I agree - what the hell is the point of this plot line? It seems like it is purely for comic relief and pure ridiculousness. And Jeremy Irons has done a horrible job with the character, just hamming it up as much as possible.

To be honest, I actually really like this plot. I find it rather fitting that despite Veidt's master plan working out for the most part, he's somehow found himself in a really strange circumstance, which is remarkably humiliating for a man who believed he knew what was best for humanity. Like he desperately needs the help of clones with child-like tendencies for his whims, and ultimately they all turned against in the court scene. That scene in particular was a major dressing down of the character--while he's in his silly costume no less.

It's super bizarre--a bit kitschy, even--but I think it really works because he's in a "prison" of his own making. Just like his namesake, he's looking upon works and now he's sort of paying for all his bullshit. That's kinda how I see it, anyway. The last two episodes could totally screw it up, but I'm optimistic it'll have a good pay off.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Every time we see Ozy a full year has passed it would seem, I wouldn't be surprised if he was encased in that gold tomb and shot back to earth and was what Lady Trieu got out of the field she bought from the farmers.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why, but I think I got a smidge teary when Little Angela asked if she could listen

And then I immediately started cackling when the Game Warden announced the 365th day of the trial

365 days of those clones arguing whether or not Ozy tried to escape is some Sisyphean torture

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
this is some damn good tv

I'm so conflicted about this show.

While good and it's had some unexpected turns somethings still irk me.

It's entertainment sourced and inspired from black plight at the behest of the show runner....a white dude. Imagine having to explain to co-workers that the Tulsa Riots were real....

Additionally in the end the savior is ultimately a bald white dude name Jon dressed up as a Black dude.....

Wtf..

he's never been a savior, really, so considering how good this show is with the source material, I'd be surprised if they heavily play it that way when it's all said and done.

also, it sounds like Lindelof has really worked closely with others to craft this show. Here's an interview with Cord Jefferson, who wrote episode 6.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Y'all are wild here
I'm apprehensive not complaining.

The reveal adds even more questions to an already crowded plate which wouldn't be bad but this is a stand-alone thing meaning they are either going to tie everything with a nice bow or leave stuff unanswered

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My first thought when seeing the elephant was that it was memory related, because of the saying that they have good memories. I think orca whales do too.
And the video mentions that elephants are one of the only other animals besides humans to mourn their dead, hold burial rituals, and have PTSD from past trauma.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it, but I feel like the next two episodes could be feast or famine. I really hope Veidt's story goes somewhere quick.

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that Looking Glass
took the missing Rorschach mask and will somehow rescue Laurie. This whole time Looking Glass has been what people wish Rorschach was or sometimes even pretend he was, so it would be cute for him to be wearing the R mask during a big moment of heroism.
I also think that Triue is Veidts daughter and she'll use her spaceship she mentioned in her speech to rescue him.