• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
But making these pills requires some kind of chirurgical intervention right ? so no way he had a pill with the memories of that moment. Unless I missed something they just extract the memories and put them into pills.
I mean the car was missing for at least 24 hr? Will was hanging with Lady Tru so I'm sure she got a pill making machine just laying around. I'm unclear if leaving them in the car was an honest mistake or he wanted Angela to take a few .

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But making these pills requires some kind of chirurgical intervention right ? so no way he had a pill with the memories of that moment. Unless I missed something they just extract the memories and put them into pills. Or the pills are just some kind of bridge to connect to the brain ?
Will is aligned with Lady Trieu, the maker of these pills.

Edit: Way too late.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot the pills were found inside the car.
Or Occam's razor we see Angela hooked up to Lady Trus IV at the end. Maybe they slipped in the final memory then? We saw lady Trus daughter experience memories/nightmares in her sleep a few eps back while hooked to the same device.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Based on that Trieu article

Is she Laurie's sister? From the pregnant lady in Vietnam? Maybe Manhattan saved them?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing ever ends:

EKQwmbTVAAAPzDm

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Stevenson is waaaay to big of a dude to play Rorschach lol, but the voice was good. Glen would have been an interesting Dan.

Say what you will about Snyder'a film, but most of the casting was perfect, especially Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jackie Earle Haley as The Comedian/Rorschach respectively.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
My crazy prediction:

Lady Trieu sees the Tulsa Riot as the nexus point that lead to the Minutemen and dramatically altered history. The clock tower is a machine to send Tulsa back in time so they can prevent the massacre and "correct" American History.

It just seems so outlandish, but we've got Lube Man and mind control so why not?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
My crazy prediction:

Lady Trieu sees the Tulsa Riot as the nexus point that lead to the Minutemen and dramatically altered history. The clock tower is a machine to send Tulsa back in time so they can prevent the massacre and "correct" American History.

It just seems so outlandish, but we've got Lube Man and mind control so why not?
I thought that's exactly where we were headed to, but it seems too obvious
Idk

Oct 25, 2017
My crazy prediction:

That's too historically ignorant. Tulsa was just one a whole bunch of race massacres across the United States through 1919, 1920, and 1921. It was the worst, but that type of violence was endemic at the height of the KKK.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
That's too historically ignorant. Tulsa was just one a whole bunch of race massacres across the United States through 1919, 1920, and 1921. It was the worst, but that type of violence was endemic at the height of the KKK.

But none of those events—per the show—lead to vigilantes. I think the destruction of the Minutemen/Watchmen is her goal more than solving Racism.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
My crazy prediction:

The book is pretty clear on time being immutable, and I think changing that would be a bridge too far even in a post-HJ race 'retcon' show.

The pieces on the table related to the tower are Nostalgia, mind control, the free HDTVs, and whatever it was that crashed where the tower now stands. Even if the backstory stuff like Tulsa, Vietnam/the My Lai not-massacre (hometown of Trieu's 'mother'), etc, shaped the worldviews of the characters, I don't think that the massacre could be the impetus for the tower in Tulsa when the tower is built exactly on top of whatever crashed, unless she had chosen for it to crash there. But if she had done that, she probably wouldn't have had to strongarm the farmers.

"It tells time" from Trieu's daughter to Blake is still the giveaway. It has to be some sort of broadcast tower, and the question that raises is whether Trieu's intentions are malevolent/vindictive or benevolent but misguided like Ozymandias's.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Loving Watchmen, Succession was also excellent.
Mr Robot? Does it get better? I watched season 1 and thought it wasn't even in the same league as those two.
Personally I thought it's got better every season. Most people are iffy on season 2 though but I thought it was great. Season 3 is generally considered a masterpiece of television and 4 is astounding right now.

As I said, Succession is a fun show but the artistry just isn't remotely there compared to Mr Robot and Watchmen. Mr Robot especially is a masterclass in cinematography.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
The book is pretty clear on time being immutable, and I think changing that would be a bridge too far even in a post-HJ race 'retcon' show.

The pieces on the table related to the tower are Nostalgia, mind control, the free HDTVs, and whatever it was that crashed where the tower now stands. Even if the backstory stuff like Tulsa, Vietnam/the My Lai not-massacre (hometown of Trieu's 'mother'), etc, shaped the worldviews of the characters, I don't think that the massacre could be the impetus for the tower in Tulsa when the tower is built exactly on top of whatever crashed, unless she had chosen for it to crash there. But if she had done that, she probably wouldn't have had to strongarm the farmers.

"It tells time" from Trieu's daughter to Blake is still the giveaway. It has to be some sort of broadcast tower, and the question that raises is whether Trieu's intentions are malevolent/vindictive or benevolent but misguided like Ozymandias's.

My guess is

the tower is gonna broadcast a signal that will function like the squid's psychic blast (as well as the Harlem theatre stuff we just saw). A big ol nostalgia bomb, granting everyone the memory of their family's history in vivid detail. How people then react after being exposed to that is maybe the larger question the show is posing to the audience. After knowing the truth do you throw out the Extra-Dimensional Security kit or go back for it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Stevenson is waaaay to big of a dude to play Rorschach lol, but the voice was good. Glen would have been an interesting Dan.

Say what you will about Snyder'a film, but most of the casting was perfect, especially Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jackie Earle Haley as The Comedian/Rorschach respectively.
100%! They were literally perfect in those roles.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
My guess is

the tower is gonna broadcast a signal that will function like the squid's psychic blast (as well as the Harlem theatre stuff we just saw). A big ol nostalgia bomb, granting everyone the memory of their family's history in vivid detail. How people then react after being exposed to that is maybe the larger question the show is posing to the audience. After knowing the truth do you throw out the Extra-Dimensional Security kit or go back for it.
Yeah I'm on board with something like that

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
After re-reading the comic I got a good feel that Lady Trieu
is related to one of the 3 vietnamese help to Veidt that he killed in Antartica right when the squid plan was put into motion, she probably backstabbed him too. Good for her.

Ep 6 was genuinely great, gotta dig in Peteypedia before episode 7 drops.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
3 episodes is not enough time to wrap everything up
I keep hearing that but why not? The Veidt/Trieu stories are converging. Trieu buying that farmland where the meteor crashed was probably where Veidt lands when he gets back to earth so that's covered. We have an ep to get Angela 100% up to speed and then we'll have all the major players on the board. That leaves us 2 eps for everyone's plans to play out or be stopped. Like the source material the ending of the show will probably be ambiguous.