• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Jovan Adepo, he was also in The Leftovers and Overlord
I ordered Overlord as soon as the ep was over. I haven't seen The Leftovers (or mother! which he seems to have had a part in) but when I saw Fences my main takeaway was that Adepo is an immense talent. He was incredible last night and I hope to see him in a million more roles.
Transcription of Gardner's will from the peteypedia
real somber. I don't know anything about Metropolis/Gardner's life other than what was in that episode. I wonder what made him see the error of his ways.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered Overlord as soon as the ep was over. I haven't seen The Leftovers (or mother! which he seems to have had a part in) but when I saw Fences my main takeaway was that Adepo is an immense talent. He was incredible last night and I hope to see him in a million more roles.

real somber. I don't know anything about Metropolis/Gardner's life other than what was in that episode. I wonder what made him see the error of his ways.

Good Lord

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't realize it was him cause I haven't seen Overlord in a while. It's a good movie. Definitely one of the better '70s/'80s-style/Tarnatino-esque action throwbacks out there. Helps that it was the first movie where Wyatt Russell made me go "Wait... is that Kurt Russell's son?"

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
ya Jovan adepo sells this shit out of his role. fantastic actor

he was good in the Leftovers but he's given something so much more compelling here, and he totally shines

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So how did the Comedian never find Hooded Justice? IIRC the (motion) comic mentions that he hunted him for the government. Can't remember if it was rumour or fact, though.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
So how did the Comedian never find Hooded Justice? IIRC the (motion) comic mentions that he hunted him for the government. Can't remember if it was rumour or fact, though.
Well first off, everyone thought they were looking for a white dude

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hooded Justice identity was a speculation by a tabloid article. A german strongman with the same built and physique as Hooded Justice was speculated to be Hooded Justice. Speculation became suspicion when he was found dead 3 months after Hooded Justice went MIA. The Comedian probably killed him (wrongly) on the same hunch.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The motion comic is fantastic, highly recommend it to everyone.
If I remember correctly, everything about HJ's fate was unclear. I think Veidt thought Comedian killed him, but he couldn't say concretely.
Ahhh, right. So it was a rumour.

I guess that explains it, but if Captain Metropolis can figure it out with so little data, it feels silly that literally no one else could.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Hooded Justice identity was a speculation by a tabloid article. A german strongman with the same built and physique as Hooded Justice was speculated to be Hooded Justice. Speculation became suspicion when he was found dead 3 months after Hooded Justice went MIA. The Comedian probably killed him (wrongly) on the same hunch.
Poor Rolf :(

I guess that explains it, but if Captain Metropolis can figure it out with so little data, it feels silly that literally no one else could.
Well, he didn't exactly figure it out

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
The worldbuilding has been great so this me

1e1.png

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
This episode was straight fire, one of the best tv episodes ever.

Love the Superman reference also with the the guy at the paper stand and was talking about how he was saved by his parents just before the planet exploded.
Wich also happened in a similar way with HJ in Tulsa.

One would think Will was Clark, but it was actually June, she was the baby all wrapped in their planet/country colors, she even grew up to be a reporter

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
so... either they rectonned Hood Justice or the blonde cap didn't enjoy being stood up and hired another hood justice ?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Silk Spectre knew Hooded Justice's identity given they put up the appearance of being together.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I've predicted most of the twists so far so you can call me Dr. Manhattan. Hear me out, I've got a working theory about where they're going with all of this..

Is about TikTok the app

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
When it became clear what was happening with HJ I actually said out loud: "THE BALLS ON THEM!"

It is insane to me the ambition of this show. Second only to the successful execution of said ambition. To take such a highly regarded and beloved graphic novel and make such bold changes... and pull it off? I am in awe.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Ok that was an amazing episode but there's no way the Nostalgia pills gave her the memories of the hanging of Judd right ?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that was an amazing episode but there's no way the Nostalgia pills gave her the memories of the hanging of Judd right ?

Why not? They were in the car after it fell back to earth, which was after Judd's hanging. Seeing as Reed specifically wants Angela to take them he would definitely put that one in there too.

If he can stick the landing with S1 I think it will be hard to follow it up with S2

Currently it seems he has no plans for S2. If it happens it may not even be him.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Why not? They were in the car after it fell back to earth, which was after Judd's hanging. Seeing as Reed specifically wants Angela to take them he would definitely put that one in there too.
But making these pills requires some kind of chirurgical intervention right ? so no way he had a pill with the memories of that moment. Unless I missed something they just extract the memories and put them into pills. Or the pills are just some kind of bridge to connect to the brain ?