• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man as a leftovers fan I'm SO excited about next week's episode. HEAVY International Assassin vibes.

Also was that Linus from Linus Tech Tips as young Glass?

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Looking Glass aka Mirror Guy really got his world shattered into pieces again.

I believe this is the first time I've seen Tim Blake Nelson in anything and he's a really good actor.

I'm assuming Veidt's SOS to the satellite was for Lady Trudei

Angela prepared to take a trip down memory lane should helped explain Will's actions next week.

Tim Blake Nelson is probably one of the most underrated actors working. He's definitely a "that guy" but he's also such a chameleon that sometimes you don't even realize you've seen him.

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Tim Blake Nelson is probably one of the most underrated actors working. He's definitely a "that guy" but he's also splice a chameleon that sometimes you don't even realize you've seen him.
If TBN and Stephen Root had a Southern Character Actor-off I think the universe would end. They're both far too good.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The clone-a-pet store from the mention in the comics was a pretty cool consistent detail, despite being quite horrific at how non nonchalant puppers are incinerated 0_o

The Squid ground zero was really accurate too, green blood dripping down buildings, the design of the squid lines up very closely down to the pattern of the suction cup thingys, and you can even see the advertisement board for Pale Horse on madison square garden during the fly-over, never would have guessed we would actually see this event in this show.

watchmen-squid.jpg
It was pretty cool we got to see the dead squid.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
His full message was cut off and read "SAVE ME D..." which implies Dr Manhattan, but doesn't really add up considering he was trying to get photographed by a satellite?

Missed the D part, but agree it would seem like Dr. Manhattan would be the only one with the power to put Veidt in a prison like that. And the way the Warden was talking about their God abandoning them, sounded like him.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Looks and gravity.

Funny you say that because this felt like a lot of predicted elements coming together.
Yeah, following the discussion, a lot of people predicted much of what has been revealed such as Senator Keene being the leader of the 7K (or at least working with them), Veidt being in some sort of outer space prison, and I even saw someone predict that the pills would have something to do with memories due to Will's conversation with Lady Trieu about telling Angela about her past in his own way instead of like how Trieu's daughter seemingly was having nightmares of another person's life, probably from the nostalgia pills.

This was definitely an episode that made various plot threads come together more than making things more confusing and messy.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
That would be a lot of dead bodies to spell that out.

I'd assume he'd just call Manhattan "Jon".
It's a long shot, but I think I'm favoring "Dan" -- it's about time we got that Nite Owl drop, and he's a tech guy, and he's already been alluded to via lenses several times throughout the show.

Next episode's gonna be wild.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn, Looking Glass aka Mirror Guy really got his world shattered into pieces again.

I believe this is the first time I've seen Tim Blake Nelson in anything and he's a really good actor.

I'm assuming Veidt's SOS to the satellite was for Lady Trudei

Angela prepared to take a trip down memory lane should helped explain Will's actions next week.

You need to watch O Brother, Where Art Thou? He's great in it.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
One detail from tonight's show that I really liked was that instead of making Schindler's List, Spielberg made a black and white film about the NYC massacre.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's a long shot, but I think I'm favoring "Dan" -- it's about time we got that Nite Owl drop, and he's a tech guy, and he's already been alluded to via lenses several times throughout the show.

Next episode's gonna be wild.
We also saw the police have basically the same Archie vehicle with flamethrower included, but no explanation for why they have his tech. It is a connection that will have to be revealed eventually. I'm not sure if I'm on-board with the "Dan" theory but it would be unexpected if Dan was in a position to do anything to help Veidt.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
One detail from tonight's show that I really liked was that instead of making Schindler's List, Spielberg made a black and white film about the NYC massacre.
Oh yeah, that was great.

Also

*crosses fingers for all 8 hours of Veidt's Redford Squid Tour about to go up on Peteypedia*

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TV tonight was nuts. We have this and then Mr Robot 1-2 punch of awesome. Probably the best respective episodes of their seasons.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this was a fantastic episode. The opening in Jersey was perfect and a level of fanservice I didn't expect but probably should've lol. The Veidt Method newspaper ad, the Knot Top gang, and then that beautiful Squid. And then leading into the "Come Back!" NYC commercial which was a fascinating look at what the feelings towards the city would be following the events of the comic (also loved the Michael Imperioli cameo). Was interesting to see the Squid Attack used seemingly as a stand in for every traumatic event in the last 100 years or so. Referred to as 11/2 to connect it to 9/11 (and the NYC connection) and then Spielberg choosing to adapt that historical event in place of the holocaust. But I think the 9/11 connection is more overt and the intended one.

With the Kavalry / Keene stuff, the show seemed to know that people likely already pieced together that reveal and so they dispensed with it quickly which I appreciated. Very curious what his endgame is. Same with the Veidt stuff. We still need his place in all this (aside from being responsible for what a lot of the other characters are doing like Keene, Trieu, and Looking Glass).

This show has me hooked. Cannot wait to see what's next.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
That was some fantastic stuff. Man. An hour packed so much!
I was screaming at LG to go to Blake! Just freaking go and tell her! Ahhh!

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh god, please don't let Looking Glass be dead.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe 7k's plan is to drop a big nostalgia bomb on top of the city, to reveal the truth about Veidt to them?

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6 is the one, y'all. It was the last episode critics received and everybody had great things to say.

But patience is rewarded; a virtuosic sixth episode, directed by Lost alum Stephen Williams, provides the keys for how everything fits together, and it's impossible to exaggerate what a big, satisfying payoff it delivers.
And with that said, the series highlight could very well be Episode 6, the final one previewed for critics. ...it's simply one of the most electrifying hours of television I've seen this year. It had me going back to re-watch earlier episodes and noticing new things.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Episode 6 is the one, y'all. It was the last episode critics received and everybody had great things to say.
I assume Episode 6 catches everyone up on all the plans and machinations, ratchets everyone up to modern day, and propels the protagonists to stop whatever bad thing is about to happen.

All cards on the table

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's any significance of Veidt being on one of Jupiter's moons. Jon just being sentimental? Also this is assuming that Veidt's location is Manhattan's creation which I feel has basically been confirmed in the last couple eps.

Doing a rewatch now and it's interesting to hear Panda say "Hooded Justice is Dr. Manhattan" when talking to the Russian dude in the precinct. Will said he was Manhattan in the first ep. He's gotta be Hooded Justice.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if there's any significance of Veidt being on one of Jupiter's moons. Jon just being sentimental? Also this is assuming that Veidt's location is Manhattan's creation which I feel has basically been confirmed in the last couple eps.
There's really nobody else who would be capable of creating a pocket dimension on a moon of Jupiter.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Trieu may be a trillionaire, but I think that a soft-barrier self-sustaining earth quality clone farm biome/prison on a Jovian moon in a technologically stunted society is probably out of reach even for her

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What a remarkable hour of television. I must admit, I found the first two episodes to be slow, but 3-5 have all been top notch.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
A weird fucking show that pays homage to the weirdest parts of the comic, while having its own sense of identity. Wow.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
A weird fucking show that pays homage to the weirdest parts of the comic, while having its own sense of identity. Wow.
I do think the episodes like this one and (presumably) the next, that focus entirely on one character but still push the story forward and fill out the world around them are probably the truest to the best issues of the Watchmen graphic novel.