• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Treiu is a repeating clone instilled with the memories of the first Treiu who experienced atrocities at the hands of dr Manhattan and Comedien. Will is also a clone. He isn't actually 100+ years old. But he has the memories of the original Will, similar to Treiu. We will find out that Angela is also a clone, that she was the baby saved by little Will in the first episode. The pills will reveal this.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Last week I watched this with a few people. I read the comic and saw the movie. But some these guys were just on a completely other level. Like pausing the show to explain the lore and plot to two uninformed guests and talking over it constantly with theories. Like, I'm a nerd but ohemgee

Dec 11, 2017
Treiu is a repeating clone instilled with the memories of the first Treiu who experienced atrocities at the hands of dr Manhattan and Comedien. Will is also a clone. He isn't actually 100+ years old. But he has the memories of the original Will, similar to Treiu. We will find out that Angela is also a clone, that she was the baby saved by little Will in the first episode. The pills will reveal this.
I'm prepared for some clone shenanigans, but I hope it doesn't get this clone crazy.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
really enjoying this show.

I watched the youtube animated comic series the last few weeks and it's really helped me get into this thing.

Don't know where it's going, it is indeed very weird but I'm loving it. I love how much Jeremy Irons looks like an aged up Matthew Goode too.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Last week I watched this with a few people. I read the comic and saw the movie. But some these guys were just on a completely other level. Like pausing the show to explain the lore and plot to two uninformed guests and talking over it constantly with theories. Like, I'm a nerd but ohemgee

Unless that was specifically requested that's kind of a douche thing to do. Like, are you recording a podcast? Jeez...

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 3 and now 4 really convinced me. I'm having fun, actually dreading that the episode is about to end. Really need to get the soundtrack as well.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
My Vietnamese friend just told me that Bí ân means "mystery" ......hmmmm. Also, I wonder if Angela's last name "Abar" is in reference to the 70's movie "Abar: The Black Superman"

Oct 25, 2017
You consider Manhattan to be an American citizen?

We don't know what causes the deaths of everyone at the Manhattan festival yet. Could be her.

But Manhattan is definitely being set up as the big bad here.
Legally speaking I'm pretty sure he's still an American citizen.
I'm prepared for some clone shenanigans, but I hope it doesn't get this clone crazy.
like you said we're definitely to get clone shenanigans but there's the way it ends up being clones all the way down, at that point we might as well just introduce Ben Reilly and let it devolve into pure madness

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
If a clone, do you think Angela died in an earlier Rorschach cop lynching?

I bet it's some twisted idea of bringing people back so they can enlist revenge on those that caused them death.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
You consider Manhattan to be an American citizen?

We don't know what causes the deaths of everyone at the Manhattan festival yet. Could be her.

But Manhattan is definitely being set up as the big bad here.
Manhattan is most definitely an American citizen and furthermore was a worldwide symbol of American power. One of the subplots to Watchmen is that Veidt's plan partially backfires because by removing Dr. Manhattan form the world stage the Soviet Union realizes that they can operate with impunity against America and nuclear tensions ramp up.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Maybe the pills specifically let you relive your ancestor's memories. I'm not sure how that would tie into Trieu's grand plan though

Collective hysteria/anger at the successors of racial violence? Perhaps Judd's grandfather was involved in Tulsa. I feel like the pills or their effects being given on a grand scale could be this show's giant squid if you will.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike Lady Trieu. Incredibly obnoxious.

On the other hand I could watch Jeremy Irons ham it up as Adrian all fucking day. Dude is hilarious.

We're almost at the half way point and it still feels like constant introductions and teasing than anything substantial.

I feel the same way... A lot of references to the original which hook me in. But, I don't feel connected to this new version.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Collective hysteria/anger at the successors of racial violence? Perhaps Judd's grandfather was involved in Tulsa. I feel like the pills or their effects being given on a grand scale could be this show's giant squid if you will.
"It tells time"

That'd be some sly double meaning if the Millennium Clock is some mass history broadcaster

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cal's explanation of death was hilarious. And the kids didn't even really care lol

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019

I'm sort of thinking the same thing, but still struggling how to piece it together or how it works/gets to that point.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Still need to watch ep 4, but this is my favorite show in a very long time. It has a good balance of introducing mystery while also giving you info to chew on. Hard to balance that.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I think the moon thing was purely stylistic. Perhaps it was implying he is not on Earth, but I think it as a hey this can be a cool transition moment—there were a lot of cuts like that this episode.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Didn't Night straight up say things are only black and white at one point? I wonder if she'll be challenged to break her own moral code as well.
Yes. When she was talking to her oldest child--the more isolated one--she says something to the tune of the other children don't see the world for what it is, black and white.
I also got to thinking, to add to my theory: while LG's mask obviously represents how he observes and reflects everything and everyone back at themselves, in addition the polished glass element and how he's always wiping it could represent how he's the cleanest or purest costumed character, or at least he's trying to be.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So what I'm gathering for some people here that the parallels to the original minutemen would

Looking glass - appears to be the Rorschach but could end up being The Nite Owl and the most heroic person as a result

Judd - initially Nite owl but appears to be the comedian but only in that his murder spurs the story

Trieu- Veidt obviously

Sister night - more sane and non bigoted Rorschach in that she's the point of view character, the black and white speech she gave her son, violent tendencies and going off on her own

The parallels are not strong but I don't think it's supposed to be
Wild that they have Superman in the show. Wow! This is so metaphorical!
This is the secondary superman parallel

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I also got to thinking, to add to my theory: while LG's mask obviously represents how he observes and reflects everything and everyone back at themselves, in addition the polished glass element and how he's always wiping it could represent how he's the cleanest or purest costumed character, or at least he's trying to be.

He's the polar opposite of Rorschach. I'm guessing he has high empathy, in counter to Rorschach's sociopathy. Remember he was crying under his mask about Judd. The shiny mask, like you said, is reflective as if he has the capacity to identify with other people. He also has a clear skill in picking up small emotional changes per the interrogations in the Pod.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
He's the polar opposite of Rorschach. I'm guessing he has high empathy, in counter to Rorschach's sociopathy. Remember he was crying under his mask about Judd. The shiny mask, like you said, is reflective as if he has the capacity to identify with other people. He also has a clear skill in picking up small emotional changes per the interrogations in the Pod.
That would make total sense and signal to me that his cold, dick-ish demeanor is a result of him repressing his emotions (probably because of the trauma spoiled in that interview) and literally hiding them behind a mask, rather than out of malice/hate like Rorschach.

Oct 25, 2017
This motherfucker is fishing for and microwaving babies.

What in the absolute fuck.

It all plays together with the Trieu storyline. Growing babies, implanting memories through yet to be seen means. Was it Veidt's technology that Trieu bought up, or is it Trieu's and the prison world or whatever is of her design?

Is Bian going to die and suddenly Bian 3 shows up a scene later acting as if nothing happened?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Still think he's a telepathic empath that was damaged by the squid attack.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The daughter is obviously a clone right
You mean the racism detector