• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
That was a great episode. This show is so good!!! I can't wait for the Dr Manhattan reveal. There's so much mystery about everything and I just love that

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite episode so far. I loved the scenes with Veidt and Laurie is perfect (I loved the call back to Rorshach's inner monologue from the comics). And I didn't think we'd actually see Petey in the show so that was a pleasant surprise. Laurie keeping a Dr. Manhattan dildo was wierd.... does Laurie still love John or Dan (or both?)

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ozzy reveal seemed unnecessary. We all knew it was him, and those who aren't familiar with Watchmen have no idea why it was significant.

Vyrance

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Someone on reddit also said that car landed exactly 40 seconds after her call was sent, I haven't timed it myself though

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Favorite episode so far. But yo wtf was up
with the Manhattan dildo lmfao

I didn't necessarily see Laurie being hung up on Manhatten in the original story, but I can buy into it. Its just odd with her links to Nite Owl. Pet owl and everything.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
So Ozy is trying to break out of his Mars jail Manhattan put him in right? Like he is on some hidden biome that the outside doesn't see on Mars since the general public thinks Manhattan is alone up there. Maybe ozy is trying to get a message out to the world?

I'm imagining a giant message to earth written with the clones arranged in the Martian dirt after ozy gets out.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
So if Will actually is Hooded Justice, which I'm thinking is the case, maybe that's his connection to Dr. Manhattan? Though I don't believe they ever met in the original novel.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
So.... how the fuck does the wheelchair guy know Dr. Manhattan?
I don't think Will knows Dr. Manhattan, or if he does, the throughline hasn't been showed yet. In the preview
there were floating vehicles with magnet plates hanging from them flying around the Millennium Clock like construction vehicles, which are presumably what took Will
so while that might be Angela's car and a sign that Manhattan is very much paying attention to the specifics of the situation in Tulsa, I don't think it was him that snagged Will. I think it was yet-to-appear-Asian-woman whose name may or may not have been in the preview but escapes me at the moment.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Sometimes Jeremy Iron's voice sounds really similar to Doc from Back to the Future. He really could take Christopher Lloyd's place if they rebooted that franchise for some dumb reason.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Will knows Dr. Manhattan, or if he does, the throughline hasn't been showed yet. In the preview
there were floating vehicles with magnet plates hanging from them flying around the Millennium Clock like construction vehicles, which are presumably what took Will
so while that might be Angela's car and a sign that Manhattan is very much paying attention to the specifics of the situation in Tulsa, I don't think it was him that snagged Will. I think it was yet-to-appear-Asian-woman whose name may or may not have been in the preview but escapes me at the moment.

I agree it wasn't him. why would Manhattan need to pick up a car with a magnet?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
They seem to update on Monday so check for Episode 3's tomorrow morning
Thank you and will do. This is exciting I've haven't been involved with a show on a weekly basis since breaking bad ended. I love hearing people's theories on what's going to happen next. The Boys is another show I just binged that I'll definitely watch when it premieres for season 2

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Thank you and will do. This is exciting I've haven't been involved with a show on a weekly basis since breaking bad ended. I love hearing people's theories on what's going to happen next. The Boys is another show I just binged that I'll definitely watch when it premieres for season 2

The first television show that I ever got really into the discourse for was Lost, so I am in my element lol

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
John sending that car at the 40 second mark like someone responding to a text before you can put the phone down

oh god

He must know about her gear

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
That was great. Even knowing who Irons was, it was still cool to see the reveal. Blake is a great character too, the evolution of her into her current job is a nice touch.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Ozy is trying to break out of his Mars jail Manhattan put him in right? Like he is on some hidden biome that the outside doesn't see on Mars since the general public thinks Manhattan is alone up there. Maybe ozy is trying to get a message out to the world?

I'm imagining a giant message to earth written with the clones arranged in the Martian dirt after ozy gets out.

Yeah Ozy is in space for sure, and is making a spacesuit to get out but the experiments aren't working (why the test subject was completely frozen)

The "game warden" is a literal prison warden Dr. M made to keep him trapped there

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Ozy is in space for sure, and is making a spacesuit to get out but the experiments aren't working (why the test subject was completely frozen)

The "game warden" is a literal prison warden Dr. M made to keep him trapped there
Would make the play he wrote a personal attempt to burn Manhattan, like playing your music too loud in your apartment because you hate your neighbour. Except the music is music you wrote yourself about how much they suck.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
What is it with Jean Smart being in relationships with unavailable men? First Oliver on Legion and now Dr. Manhattan on this show
. I already like her character more on this show though.

She's out here setting up Batman, delivering intricate jokes about God , busting her gun with the quickness and seems to know everybody's secrets

Great scene between her and Angela after the funeral.

Meanwhile in a castle far away, Ozzy is trying to build some kind of primitive space suit and having a war of words with someone known as the "game warden." Very intriguing how this will eventually all tie together.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I think my theory from earlier today might be close to the truth.

3 episode is out

so OST any time now?

Vinyl OST is out tomorrow, dunno about streaming. I get it tomorrow so I can post details and tracklisting and all that. I'm expecting the bonus material to be physical copies of the Peteypedia entries but I could be surprised.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to warm to the show.

Wish it wasn't weekly though. 😞

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely feel like the 3rd rp should have been first. It does such a good job of situating all the weird bits while providing us with classic watchmen bits for context.

also, the Desmond Dekker needle drop was the best

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't the Game Warden's letter imply he was wording for Veidt? (He says to Veidt, "Your Humble Servant" or something like that).

Wouldn't surprise me if an egomaniac like Veidt put himself in some kind of perfect, self-devised prison so that he could improve himself by surpassing his limits and escaping it. He's really seems like that kind of person.

In other words, he's Vegeta trying to surpass Dr. Manhattan's Goku.
FairFarBrahmanbull-size_restricted.gif

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I must admit, the blue glowing dildo was definitely not what I was expecting lmao. From the blue glow I thought it was going to be a pulp fiction scenario and it would be left to the imagination for a period of time....definitely didn't think it was going to be that!

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I think my theory from earlier today might be close to the truth.

Vinyl OST is out tomorrow, dunno about streaming. I get it tomorrow so I can post details and tracklisting and all that. I'm expecting the bonus material to be physical copies of the Peteypedia entries but I could be surprised.
Some people on Reddit have it already and have posted pics.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I must admit, the blue glowing dildo was definitely not what I was expecting lmao. From the blue glow I thought it was going to be a pulp fiction scenario and it would be left to the imagination for a period of time....definitely didn't think it was going to be that!

maybe its a pulp fiction reveal...

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my god you completely hit the nail on the head.

Fantastic episode.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know what the end is going for with John sending a message but in literal terms what is going on with the orange star at the end? Is that like Mars blowing up?

Favorite episode so far

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I know what the end is going for with John sending a message but in literal terms what is going on with the orange star at the end? Is that like Mars blowing up?

Favorite episode so far
Ha, honestly I thought the same thing, but I think it was just some creative license to drive home the point that John is right there, literally with line of sight to Laurie. Mars isn't so bright or red that you could count on most people to pick it out in the few seconds that shot lasts. Maybe there's an unnecessary in-universe explanation about John making it look like that for whatever reason, but yeah, I think it was just to give the audience a focal point.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Best episode of the season so far. I didn't find Laurie's monologues any kind of profound, but it was a good way to lay down some info for those of us not up to speed. I hope tonight starts a trend for this show to be more fun too.

About the car... Are we certain it's Manhattan and not the same people who took it in the first place? Maybe it is a 40 second delay, but how would that work? He has to wait the 40 seconds and then insta kaboom car falls out of the sky? Does Manhattan have an orange glow while he flies?

My first impression that it was Laurie recognizing someone familiar, sure, but not Manhattan. But what do I know.

SynthFetish

Oct 27, 2017
Nosgoth, Leviathan

First episode said he was in Wales. 🤷‍♂️