• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 13, 2017
One of the few sequels to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with its predecessor. Watchmen is an incredible achievement in television and one of the best series I've ever seen. In honor of Juneteenth and in solidarity with the victims of Tulsa, I highly recommend you spend your weekend experiencing this show and completely ignoring Trump's circus rally.

Note: The show is a directly sequel to the comic book. If you've only seen the movie, I would just recommend you look up the ending of the comic, as it's the major difference between the two mediums. You do not need to read the comic or seen the movie to enjoy the show, but it will highten your understanding of it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I have it on que but I want to read the comic again before starting it, it's been years since I last read it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Very good TV, and very topical, moreso today when it was released. Definitely worth a watch.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Way to change my entire weekend plans, I see 9 episodes, how long is each?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's amazing, and apparently a lot of people weren't aware of the Tulsa massacre until this show featured it.

Jun 16, 2018
It's a bit of a shame it's gated behind a bunch of Watchmen lore because it tells such a good story. But if you haven't seen/read Watchmen, have fun trying to figure out wtf is happening half the time

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
HBO remembered that they should region block these episodes, so they did just that about 20 minutes ago. I was just to start to wach episode 7.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am now having issues watching this. I could stream up to episode 6, but 7 8 and 9 all tell me I am in the wrong region.

HBO remembered that they should region block these episodes, so they did just that about 20 minutes ago. I was just to start to wach episode 7.
edit: nah it was like this since yesterday btw.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning on playing The Last of Us II this weekend, but this takes priority I think. I watched two episodes late last night after work. My wife and I are planning to binge the rest on Sunday.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch much TV so to be honest I didn't even know this series was a thing... and wow has it been great! But one of the biggest surprises for me has been the music in the episodes... so good. I kept getting Ghosts vibes from it and a quick google shows that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the work: I'm not done the series yet but so far I feel like the mood and emotions the score creates fits perfectly.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect show and better than it had any right to be. It achieved the impossible feat of being a sequel that wasn't trash.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
I don't watch much TV so to be honest I didn't even know this series was a thing... and wow has it been great! But one of the biggest surprises for me has been the music in the episodes... so good. I kept getting Ghosts vibes from it and a quick google shows that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the work: I'm not done the series yet but so far I feel like the mood and emotions the score creates fits perfectly.

The soundtrack is indeed extremely good, I still listen to it occasionally. It's on Spotify, but I strongly recommend finishing the series first, there are slight spoilers in there.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Argh; some problem as some others, ep7+ says "not in your region" :(

Any others not in the USA manage to get past this?

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely don't miss this. It's some of the best TV I've ever seen.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I marathoned this all day yesterday and it was tremendous. I saw the movie and liked it but never dug deeper into the comics. And I knew nothing about the HBO series going on so when episode 1 started in Tulsa 1921, I got immediate goosebumps (even writing this reply I'm getting some) and knew I was in for a treat. Highly recommended if there's still time today to watch it.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
hbo.com seems to be updated to now only have the first two episodes free, the others are not.

I never did find a workaround for watching eps 7-9 in Canada, but fortunately I can just buy them on a per episode basis. $12 to finish the last 3 episodes seems just fine to me.