• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey people of 2022. Whatchya think of Watchmen?

• Great superhero movie.

Votes: 467 48.5%
  • Okay superhero movie.

Votes: 328 34.1%
  • Bad superhero movie.

Votes: 102 10.6%
  • I just liked the opening montage.

Votes: 66 6.9%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I purposefully watched it before reading the comic and liked it a lot, though the comic is obviously much better.

I remember my big criticism of it was that the mystery element was pretty poorly done, and there's a lot less depth to it so it makes the story seem smaller. The mystery has so much going into it in the comic that it's really fun seeing it all come together, but the clues were stupid obvious in the film.

Feb 16, 2022
I feel pretty safe in saying that anarchist Alan Moore (who is still alive) would not be proud.
You sure about that?
www.latimes.com

Alan Moore on 'Watchmen' movie: 'I will be spitting venom all over it'

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links.

He literally hates the entire concept of film adaptations.
Yes, Alan is still alive. And yes, he'd never watch it, hence why I said "Alan would be".

That's because he hasn't watched it and because he's a crazy old coot. But he'd love it for not copying what he did 1:1. He's a real big stickler for that.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Yes, Alan is still alive. And yes, he'd never watch it, hence why I said "Alan would be".

That's because he hasn't watched it and because he's a crazy old coot. But he'd love it for not copying what he did 1:1. He's a real big stickler for that.
Okay, but the movie does all the things he specifically wrote Watchmen as a criticism of, so, like, I'm pretty sure he would not be proud.

"Wow, your adaptation embodies everything I hate. Good job!"

Feb 16, 2022
Okay, but the movie does all the things he specifically wrote Watchmen as a criticism of, so, like, I'm pretty sure he would not be proud.

"Wow, your adaptation embodies everything I hate. Good job!"
But he'd also probably go: "Props for changing things up a bit, son".

I hope you do realize this has all been tounge-in-cheek. It's not like anyone who's into comics wouldn't know the kind of person Alan Moore has been for decades.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
It was a good movie, its far better now that we've been subjected to decades of the movie equivalent to the comics Watchmen was an antithesis to.

The HBO series however is the best piece of superhero media ever put to film.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
But he'd also probably go: "Props for changing things up a bit, son".

I hope you do realize this has all been tounge-in-cheek. It's not like anyone who's into comics wouldn't know the kind of person Alan Moore has been for decades.
Literally nothing you wrote previously to this indicates your comments were tongue in cheek. Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text. There are plenty of people the internet over who would make pour sincerely.

Feb 16, 2022
Literally nothing you wrote previously to this indicates your comments were tongue in cheek. Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text. There are plenty of people the internet over who would make pour sincerely.
And that's fine. Unless either one of us is doing this as an attempt at a "gotcha" for each other, there's literally no harm done. This isn't done at anyone's expense.

Though if we're being honest I doubt there's anyone out there who knows the name Alan Moore without knowing his whole cantankerous warlock shtick. Hell, I knew about him before I even really got into his comics(thanks to Wizard magazine, RIP)--he was just that much of a name in the industry.