• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of shows/movies I wanna watch but can't due to being on Foxtel or not streaming here

I want to watch Ghost Adventures on Discovery+ and movies when they come to HBO Max

how do you pay for the service? through paypal or an American credit card?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
You can find a lot of Foxtel and HBO content on the Binge streaming platform in Australia.

What I'd personally love to have is something like the Criterion Channel in Australia. There's pretty much no classic films on Netflix and Prime.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021
Not sure about Discovery+, but for HBO Max you can start here.

Or try Binge. A list of shows available can be found here. Filter it by searching for HBO to see if what you want is there.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What I'd personally love to have is something like the Criterion Channel in Australia. There's pretty much no classic films on Netflix and Prime.

You can get the Criterion Channel going in Australia: you need a VPN only to setup your account. You can use an Australian credit card too. From then on, you can access the entire platform locally. I just got a free trial VPN to do so, then you never need it again.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have Hulu and HBO Max, I use Getflix DNS redirecter service. No encrypt/decrypt VPN overhead which is no good for streaming media.

Hulu takes my Aus credit card and I add HBO via my Hulu account as an add on.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
You can get the Criterion Channel going in Australia: you need a VPN only to setup your account. You can use an Australian credit card too. From then on, you can access the entire platform locally. I just got a free trial VPN to do so, then you never need it again.
I had no idea. That's great. I'm gonna sign up right now. Can you stream directly to an Android TV device after signing up without a VPN?

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had no idea. That's great. I'm gonna sign up right now. Can you stream directly to an Android TV device after signing up without a VPN?

I don't have an Android TV, but I chromecast directly from the app on my phone to my TV without a VPN. I can't quite remember the process for getting the app on your phone, but I know there's a touch of complexity to it. It doesn't naturally show up in the Play Store in Australia, so it's a bit harder to download. You either have to get the VPN for your phone just to download the app, or I believe you can also just install the app from a third party without going through the Play Store.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow really? does that work for all streaming services?

It doesn't. I'm from the EU, but I tried subbing to Hulu like a year ago, and it wouldn't accept my credit card. So I'm guessing it's the same for Disney+ as well. Then I read a guide saying that a Revolut virtual card works, so I did that as well with no luck, so apparently that's been fixed as well.

It did work with Netflix though before it got introduced in my country, so other streaming services might be fine.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have an Android TV, but I chromecast directly from the app on my phone to my TV without a VPN. I can't quite remember the process for getting the app on your phone, but I know there's a touch of complexity to it. It doesn't naturally show up in the Play Store in Australia, so it's a bit harder to download. You either have to get the VPN for your phone just to download the app, or I believe you can also just install the app from a third party without going through the Play Store.
So I signed up and managed to install the android app after some googling and it works great! Thanks for the tip.