• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 30, 2020
Episode had a Bed and Breakfast themed bit followed by an Exterminator theme bit and were largely incoherrent. Episode one of this new season was pretty damn fantastic, but episode two was bizarre. I genuinely couldn't tell you what happens in the Exterminator sequence aside from, "after an exterminator does a bad thing something happens."

That's not me obfuscating for the sake of avoiding spoilers, it almost turned nonsequitor. At first I thought it was supposdd to be the side effects of inhaling insecticide, wild hallucinations and all that, but nope.

And the Bed and Breakfast bit didn't help. The dialogue was all over the place, like, "she wasn't a murder, she was just crazy." "I'm not crazy! She WAS a murdering genius!" Also there were obvious murderhole traps in the floor but the vlogger character never followed up on them. She was flat out shown a trap door that dropped into a dark void and then...? Nothing? No questions? Don't want to plop a GoPro on a string down the hole?

I really hope they get their act together, it's like each season starts out strong (House of the Head was amazing) and then just... bleh.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1 turning into

Bob Ross vs Evil Dead
sure was a choice

Cbrun44

The exterminator segment was awful. Enjoyed nothing about it except the mere presence of Keith David, who unfortunately was wasted.

The three other segments have been solid so far. Glad this is back. Here's hoping for more seasons.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
When you get Keith David on your show, don't put him in something terrible.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the exterminator one was terrible. B&B was just ok. Both segments of Ep 1 were good though so hopefully it picks back up with Ep 3.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have not watched it yet since I can get shudder everywhere but my main viewing device (PlayStation) but considering the really high highs and extremely low lows of the first season I am not very suprised to hear season two also has quality jumps out of nowhere.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, season 2 is finally up? Welp, time to renew my Shudder sub!

It's recently started airing weekly. Only a few episodes are out thus far.
Have not watched it yet since I can get shudder everywhere but my main viewing device (PlayStation) but considering the really high highs and extremely low lows of the first season I am not very suprised to hear season two also has quality jumps out of nowhere.
Yeah, it's pretty common with episodic anthology shows (especially when different episodes are written by different people). The exterminator episode was written by someone who had never done an episode before, for instance.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2... yeesh! Hope we get some better stuff this season. Keep going that route and we get to Creepshow 3-levels of quality.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I thought ep3 of this season was really good. The space story was very solid and Sibling Rivalry is probably as good as Public TV of the Dead both of which are fantastic. The main actress in Sibling Rivalry does such a great job. Ep4 was solid too, but yeah the exterminator segment in ep2 is the only really bad ep so far. I get the feeling this show is pretty niche as there doesn't seem to be an OT.

Also as a white person, having two segments so far in S2 where the white people kill the only black character

(Bed & Breakfast and Sibling Rivalry)

Just feels...not great. Like there's only been 8 segments this season and 25% of them having that feels either intentional or just subconsciously intentional. I think they need to work on representation better.

Also I just caught up on the Holiday special ep from 2020 with Shapeshifters Anonymous and holy crap that episode was amazing. Best ep in the modern Creepshow series so far and one of the best TV eps I've watched this year. Really funny and Adam Pally is excellent as the lead.

OP
OP
AlgusUnderdunk
Dec 30, 2020
I thought ep3 of this season was really good. The space story was very solid and Sibling Rivalry is probably as good as Public TV of the Dead both of which are fantastic. The main actress in Sibling Rivalry does such a great job. Ep4 was solid too, but yeah the exterminator segment in ep2 is the only really bad ep so far. I get the feeling this show is pretty niche as there doesn't seem to be an OT.

Also as a white person, having two segments so far in S2 where the white people kill the only black character

(Bed & Breakfast and Sibling Rivalry)

Just feels...not great. Like there's only been 8 segments this season and 25% of them having that feels either intentional or just subconsciously intentional. I think they need to work on representation better.

Also I just caught up on the Holiday special ep from 2020 with Shapeshifters Anonymous and holy crap that episode was amazing. Best ep in the modern Creepshow series so far and one of the best TV eps I've watched this year. Really funny and Adam Pally is excellent as the lead.
Yeah, the only one who survived was
the producer in Public TV of the Dead
, and Keith David in Exterminator was supposed to be the "really" bad guy, although with how nonsequitor that episode was..?

Looking forward to the new eps though, but I don't recall seeing Shapeshifters Anonymous in the roster on Shudder.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Looking forward to the new eps though, but I don't recall seeing Shapeshifters Anonymous in the roster on Shudder.

Ok so I watched season one when it aired and watching season two weekly and I had no idea they did a holiday special inbetween last fall until I was scrolling through Shudder and saw it.

It's listed a separate entry than the tv show. Since they didn't have a season in 2020 they did this single 45 min ep holiday special last fall and it's great.

OP
OP
AlgusUnderdunk
Dec 30, 2020
Ok so I watched season one when it aired and watching season two weekly and I had no idea they did a holiday special inbetween last fall until I was scrolling through Shudder and saw it.

It's listed a separate entry than the tv show. Since they didn't have a season in 2020 they did this single 45 min ep holiday special last fall and it's great.
Aaaaah, no wonder I couldn't find it. Thanks for the (House of the) heads up!

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck did Season 2 suck. it's the type of shit that you imagined season 1 to be but they saved all that stuff for season 2, what a let down and wow, so bad

OP
OP
AlgusUnderdunk
Dec 30, 2020
Holy fuck did Season 2 suck. it's the type of shit that you imagined season 1 to be but they saved all that stuff for season 2, what a let down and wow, so bad
There were a few good bits in season 2, but they all had a problem with story continuity. Even the brother and sister episode started off strong, but then it cut really fast to, "so I killed my friend that I really liked and that's that" where it felt like the narrative was heading in another direction. Also "The Clog" was pretty decent but again, the story continuity was off. It needed something where "event A causes/leads to event B causes/leads to event C" and they've been kinda skipping story beats.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I was let down by season 2. If this is the route they plan on going down, I'm out, and I'm a big horror buff that loves the original Creepshow movies (and season one made me hopeful for a good second season).

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Best thing about Season 2 ultimately was the Evil Dead episode.

I'll be thankful for Season 2 just for that to be honest, but separated out, I thought S2 ended rather poorly. I know they extended the last ep because they cut the Marilyn Manson one, but it just wasn't good.