• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts?

• This shit appeals to me

Votes: 92 15.0%
  • My interest has been piqued

Votes: 87 14.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 207 33.7%
  • Hard Pass

Votes: 228 37.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly? I'm down. Pretty interested in where Ubisoft decide to take this.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wait for trailer.

But yeh, bit of a different direction. Extremely ambitious game though.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First Watch_Dogs is still the best and the hate it gets is full on hyperbole due to downgradeton whiners. The setting, tone, and characters were great and was the perfect blend of open-world stealth combo. WD2 turned into a cringey joke with one of the most unlikeable group of try hard edgey dipshits i've ever had the displeasure of watching on top of the core gameplay taking a dive in comparison to the first. From the boxart alone it looks like the series is going even further down WD2's stupidity and my interest in it has plummeted.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Not thrilled about the guns thing. Getting a real Black Mirror vibe from this cover. A lot of people ITT say this cover is too much in WD2's light-hearted vibe, but I'm feeling the opposite.

Still looking forward to the game, but I'm guessing this cover suggests there won't be a "main character" and that the NPC thing will play a much larger role in the story than I'd anticipated.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
If the serious tone in your first game doesn't work what do you do? Turn it into Saint's Row The Third of course...I am in.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Man apart from Doom so far these big AAA games are getting boring or bad box arts for this/ next year is annoying.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Love the Watch Dogs games, I forgot how aggressive Ubisoft is with their many versions of a game before launch. I'm not pre-ordering, I look forward to buying it when the dust settles a bit and maybe a good deal is going to see if the other stuff is needed. If they have Assassin's Creed Odyssey MTX stuff in it for gameplay and time savers, I'll just wait even longer for a even better deal (not putting up with this stuff like I didn't even consider Xbox because of Xbox Live Gold requirement, and PS4 PS+ requirement. I will not be part of the problem). I hope the game is good.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
There were glimpses of this at the beginning trailer of Microsoft's conference. I was wondering what the game was with the guys in goofy masks was.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely loved the first game, two was quite meh and this looks like two but taken even further. Fuck Ubi for ruining Watch Dogs.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Oh no.... I loved so much Watch Dogs....

I don't like at all the box art and the direction it seems to go

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, this game is gonna be way more WD2 than WD1 isn't it. :/
I think people seriously missed the part where WD2's tone, presentation, and protagonist got way more praise than WD1.

The art direction change between each entry has been so drastic, it's crazy. The first game is like completely realistic then we got l33t in watch dogs 2 now it's Beyond good and Evil.
I mean I know BG&E has literal humanoid pigs in it but that's a really big stretch. In real life 3 completely different cities in different parts of the world would have very different vibes overall.
What are the chances this ends up being Watch Dogs 76?
Very little considering that Watch Dogs and Ubi titles in general this gen have been quite polished?

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested. Honestly don't think this box art looks all that bad. I'm assuming the masks are going to be the in-game explanation as to why you can play as "any" NPC.

SkyeBurner

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was hoping they went back to the more serious tone of WD1 instead of the zany, hipster mess that was WD2. I'm not feeling to good right now, but it's just box art. I'll wait for the full reveal tonight.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that Boxart no thanks.

Anyone worried this series is prepping itself to jump the shark and start going towards Saints Row-esc everything is crazy now.

Deleted member 32359

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
With this much collector editions leak has to be legit.
I'm waiting for the trailer Ubi. Haven't played the two first ones but I may give it a try this time.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember the meltdown from WD2's reveal in the old thread simply cuz the main character wore skinny jeans.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
And the award for the ugliest box art goes to....

Watch Dogs just got Fortnite-d'.