• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts?

• This shit appeals to me

Votes: 92 15.0%
  • My interest has been piqued

Votes: 87 14.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 207 33.7%
  • Hard Pass

Votes: 228 37.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yes!!! London is going to be so much fun. Honestly, Watch Dogs is my favorite Ubi franchise.

Can't wait for people to get annoying by driving on the wrong side and turning on subtitles because they can't understand shit. The salt will be delicious.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Covering everyone's face seems like a cheap way of executing the core premise of the game.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I miss faces already.

This is how you play as everyone I guess. Unfortunate.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Why do things get Flanderized

is restraint such a rare concept really
I feel like flanderization would be literally every character having a mask that looks like Wrench's:
0f6cd3a1f1edf94fc97859340d39d456.gif

Also how did this get leaked they were so close.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
They still trying to overcorrect after the criticism of the protagonist/tone of WD1?

I don't know wtf to think of that box art lol

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I dont't know how to feel about it. Obviously just a box art so I can't really judge the game just yet. I just hope it doesn't go TOO wacky. WD2 was fun and wacky but it still was sort of grounded in reality (a little bit). If it goes fully the way of Saints Row I'll be somewhat let down.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no. Looks edgy. I thought they would go more mature route like the first game... damn.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'll give it a chance during the press conference, but I just wanted modern day Watch Dogs in London with the biting sarcasm of the second game. :(

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Remember when I said I was tired of the gray and brown color palette a couple years back? I didn't mean this...

Infact, I may miss it now.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I feel like flanderization would be literally every character having a mask that looks like Wrench's:
0f6cd3a1f1edf94fc97859340d39d456.gif

Also how did this get leaked they were so close.
I'm not gonna engage in another circular debate with you. Sorry. This is not the same and you know it, but you're gonna defend it anyway as you always do, so good luck with that.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I really liked the premise of the first one, but the game was just so boring. The second one, although super cheesy and filled to the brim with 'hip' stuff, was way more fun to play for me, and this third one seems to continue that trend. It looks pretty wacky and colorful, which hopefully translates to a really fun game. Can't wait to see gameplay!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The art direction change between each entry has been so drastic, it's crazy. The first game is like completely realistic then we got l33t in watch dogs 2 now it's Beyond good and Evil.

Jun 4, 2019
Remember when I said I was tired of the gray and brown color palette? I didn't mean this...
Game artists took the brown/grey criticism from last gen too hard. Everything released is now a messy menagerie of pink, purple, neon green, etc. Bleeding Edge is the most recent offender. Rage to Rage 2 is the best example of taking the criticism too hard.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Edgy.

I like this series, warts and all, but this art style doesn't appeal to me a all.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Hope you can still shoot your way through everything. Interested in the reveal later again.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
First Watch_Dogs is still the best and the hate it gets is full on hyperbole due to downgradeton whiners. The setting, tone, and characters were great and was the perfect blend of open-world stealth combo. WD2 turned into a cringey joke with one of the most unlikeable group of try hard edgey dipshits i've ever had the displeasure of watching on top of the core gameplay taking a dive in comparison to the first. From the boxart alone it looks like the series is going even further down WD2's stupidity and my interest in it has plummeted.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Seems they'll go for a completely different tone again which I like, boxart is pretty ugly though, but at least it's not the typical dude with gun.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So they are going all in with that type of direction for the series, huh? Idk if I'm feeling the art. I'll reserve my judgment after the reveal later on today.