• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will this case end?

• Guilty

Votes: 337 55.3%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 169 27.8%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 103 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow. Legit shocked she was found guilty. I really hope the family can rest a little easier now that justice has been served. Such a heartbreaking, unnecessary tragedy.

photonblack

Oct 27, 2017
Good. But I wonder how much of it has to do with the cop bing a woman. Black and minority cops are always sacrificial lambs.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Good. But I wonder how much of it has to do with the cop bing a woman. Black and minority cops are always sacrificial lambs.
0%. The Balch Springs officer, Roy Oliver, was a a white man and he was also convicted by a Dallas jury for firing into a car packed with unarmed black teenagers and killing one. And being a white woman normally draws sympathy rather than reducing it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
0%. The Balch Springs officer, Roy Oliver, was a a white man and he was also convicted by a Dallas jury for firing into a car packed with unarmed black teenagers and killing one. And being a white woman normally draws sympathy rather than reducing it.
Yep. Sexism usually manifests as wanting to protect women because they're weak and powerless etc. It means they don't get paid or treated like humans, but god damn it gets the sympathy vote.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Well, holy shit. Colour me surprised that there was a guilty verdict. I was expecting doe eyes and a "She's a good girl from a good family" outcome. Justice for a shitty situation.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Justice.

The story smelled fishy to me from the early details. The guy was just watching TV in his own apartment and it should have been pretty clear that she made a mistake immediately that it's not her apartment. Hell, I've walked up to a car that I thought was mine in a parking lot and it doesn't take long to realize I made a mistake, even in instances where I am stubbornly wondering why the door isn't unlocking, it doesn't take more than a little observation to put the pieces together. You see the inside looks different or maybe the wheels are different or other clues that it isn't your car since you see it every day you remember those things subconsciously.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I always knew she'd go down. She wasn't on duty so she shouldn't have a police gun with her among the many other huge red flags on this incident. The poor victim literally did nothing.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
YES, YES, YES

I hope her shit-ass white supremacist family is miserable without her for the upcoming holidays and the rest of their meaningless lives

I keep hearing this allegation tossed around in this thread but a google and youtube search gave me nothing regarding her or her family being racist or any sort of racial insensitivity on her behalf at all. Can someone please post an article or YT vid substantiating this claim? Genuinely curious.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
I keep hearing this allegation tossed around in this thread but a google and youtube search gave me nothing regarding her or her family being racist or any sort of racial insensitivity on her behalf at all. Can someone please post an article or YT vid substantiating this claim? Genuinely curious.

All you have to do is literally type Amber Guyger racist family into google. You will see Guyger in pictures with her brother in law where he is literally throwing up white power hand signs. Also their is a picture of her with her mother who is wearing an all lives matter shirt. Also its 100 percent confirmed Amber Guyger is racist her own texts proved she was.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
10 years, eligible after 5? I assume that means she'll be out in 5.

Seems kinda like a slap on the wrist but prison for 5 years must be no easy task.

Glad she at least got that over nothing. Not holding my breath for the full 10.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
10 years, eligible after 5. Wow.

5 years before parole was the minimum allowed by law iirc.

Not surprising due to her status as a police officer, I think she should have gotten longer for not trying to save the man's life. She did not attempt to give any help after the shooting.