• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird that I've seen Xbox actively promote the game on Xbox but I won't say no to a free copy of KOTOR, cheers Mixer!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Huh, well I'd be down for that but I'm beginning to wonder if Disney is getting gun shy about that era. They really only have one shot to introduce it properly and have to be so careful not to screw it up. Maybe this'll let them dip a toe in the water, so to speak.
Indeed. But I also believe that once the "Skywalker saga" wraps up, future movies and other media are going to have to go to other venues, anyway. So, somewhere between RJ's movies and the movies the GoT guys are working on, it may pay to start getting the general public interested, and us nerds happy when they drip feed us hints.

Also helps that the likes of Solo already recanonized a major player from the Old Republic era, recently, too. It's like they actually had a solid plan in place~!

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Can they do this? I thought Sony had Star Wars marketing or is this a weird Destiny Cologne loophole?
Microsoft have a long history of using their massive backlog of Star Wars games. While Sony was advertising Battlefront 2, Microsoft was advertising a sale for their dozen or so Star Wars Games.

Also, generally marketing deals are done per game (or franchise) rather per brand. Its entirely possible Microsoft could have Marketing for this particular game.

How is the copy sent? e-mail to my MS address?
The game is automatically added to your Microsoft/Xbox account.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Indeed. But I also believe that once the "Skywalker saga" wraps up, future movies and other media are going to have to go to other venues, anyway. So, somewhere between RJ's movies and the movies the GoT guys are working on, it may pay to start getting the general public interested, and us nerds happy when they drip feed us hints.

Also helps that the likes of Solo already recanonized a major player from the Old Republic era, recently, too. It's like they actually had a solid plan in place~!

Do you mean Maul surviving or am I missing something? That was already done in rebels and clone wars.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Do you mean Maul surviving or am I missing something? That was already done in rebels and clone wars.

Not at all.

The art book for Solo mentions Exar Kun. While, true, it's not 100% confirmation that they're going to do anything right now for him, I always took that to mean that, much like Darth Bane, some version of him already exists in Disney's new canon, and it's just a matter of time before they reintroduce him properly. Perhaps in this very game...?

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Not at all.

The art book for Solo mentions Exar Kun. While, true, it's not 100% confirmation that they're going to do anything right now for him, I always took that to mean that, much like Darth Bane, some version of him already exists in Disney's new canon, and it's just a matter of time before they reintroduce him properly. Perhaps in this very game...?

Oh that would be amazing!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Haven't really used Mixer all that much. I'm in the channel but there's nothing going on. I know it hasn't started yet but Is there any type of chat prior to a stream starting like Twitch or no?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...man I've tried about like 10 times to get into KOTOR but I can't. I did spam grenades and Critical Strike...that probably wasn't a good idea huh?

Grenades are good early.

Crit Strike doubles the crit chance of your attack, but your Defense drops by 5 (which is a fuckton early) for your opponents next attack.

So yeah, it's not ideal early lol

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Do have to watch via Mixer on Xbox or can you still get it if you are logged in via PC? And how long do you have to watch the stream to qualify?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to close the Mixer chat? Like omfg this is sensory overload with gif popping up

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I think it's something with the Xbox. I looked at it on Mobile and there is a very active chat
I'm actually watching on PC, I know I must be missing something. I see people's avatars popping up on the right where the chat normally would be, but nothing other than that.

edit: okay did yet another reload and now chat populated.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's live on other platforms but Mixer. Mixer is the only service I have my Microsoft tied to...