• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

10. Spider Man 2018
9. Death Stranding
8. Final Fantasy VII Remake
7. Sekiro
6. Resident Evil 2
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Ghosts of Tsushima
3. God of War
2. The Last of Us Part 2
1. Red Dead Redemption 2

Honorable Mentions:

- Forza Horizon 4
- Arkham Knight
- Witcher 3
- AC Valhalla

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
death stranding, babeeeee
TimelyFewIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

10. Marvel's Spider-Man

9. Death Stranding

8. Final Fantasy VII Remake

7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

6. Resident Evil 2 Remake

5. Horizon Zero Dawn

4. Ghost of Tsushima

3. God of War

2. TLOU 2

Honorable Mentions: Forza Horizon 4, Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, AC Valhalla

1. Red Dead Redemption 2

I think Gears 5 deserved at least an honorable mention and Forza Horizon 4 a spot on the list. Uncharted 4 especially deserved a place on the list, not even getting an honorable mention seems wrong. That game looks fantastic to this day. Horizon Zero Dawn looks great, but I'm not sure I'd put it as high due to the facial animations. Sekiro looks good but I think the games in the honorable mentions look better. As for FFVII Remake, I would not put it on the list due to the severe issues with pop-in I experienced. It's a good game and at times it can look jaw-dropping (especially in the models) and I suspect the next gen version will fix the pop-in issue, but several areas can look distracting low-res. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Watch Mojo: Top 10 Best Looking 8th Gen Video Games

10. Spider Man 2018 9. Death Stranding 8. Final Fantasy VII Remake 7. Sekiro 6. Resident Evil 2 5. Horizon: Zero Dawn 4. Ghosts of Tsushima 3. God of War 2. The Last of Us Part 2 1. Red Dead Redemption 2 Honorable Mentions: - Forza Horizon 4 - Arkham Knight - Witcher 3 - AC Valhalla

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty spoton list. 1 and 2 are almost interchangeable.

edit-actually Uncharted 4 is missing.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Not a bad list, though I probably would have thrown Gears 5, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Control in there somewhere, just as games off the top of my head that I feel looked better than some of the games listed

No Flight Simulator 2020?
It doesn't look like that is going to be getting an Xbox One port in the end, so no.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Love the game, but Witcher 3 doesn't belong anywhere near that list (if we're talking console versions only)

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Flight Sim not hitting Xbox One disqualifies it.

Gears 5 looking as good as it does and running at 60fps on the One X and still being left off is insane.
Not even an honorable for Gears 5 and Uncharted 4 just seems wrong to me. I can understand how the Gears aesthetic can be an acquired taste but the graphical prowess is pretty undeniable. And UC4 just looks great period.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No Gears 5 is nonsense. Sekiro doesnt belong on this list.
Neither does Spidey or Death Stranding, tbh. UC4 / Lost Legacy look better. Hell, even Ratchet and Clank looks better. Death Stranding only looks pretty good in cutscenes, which is kinda cheating. Until Dawn / Dark Pictures Anthology might as well be considered in its place if that's the case.

I also think Xbox games were kinda snubbed. And all 2D games (no Ori?). But also I'm giving a WatchMojo game too much thought so I'm just gonna stop typing lol

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro really stands out, it is not on the same tier as the other options. Not even close.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Neither does Spidey or Death Stranding, tbh. UC4 / Lost Legacy look better. Hell, even Ratchet and Clank looks better. Death Stranding only looks pretty good in cutscenes, which is kinda cheating. Until Dawn / Dark Pictures Anthology might as well be considered in its place if that's the case.

I also think Xbox games were kinda snubbed. And all 2D games (no Ori?). But also I'm giving a WatchMojo game too much thought so I'm just gonna stop typing lol
The environments of Death Stranding are pretty wild looking though, and the game went off Horizon'a base engine, so it would be fair to have on.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As much as I like Ghost of Tsushima, I definitely would've put a couple of other games over it for visuals. It's strength was in its art direction and cohesiveness.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
30+ posts and nobody has said anything about sea of thieves, the game looks astonishing and just the water deserves a honorable mention.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
30+ posts and nobody has said anything about sea of thieves, the game looks astonishing and just the water deserves a honorable mention.
Yeah you're right. I mentioned Xbox getting a snub and that being one of them, but I think this list went for "realism" when describing best looking games. If I had to guess it's because WatchMojo is for the masses and otherwise it'd be littered with comments about "cartoony" when most associate best with realism.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 is on point. I'd rearrange a few on the bottom half but otherwise it's a good list.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The absence of Uncharted 4/TLL and Gears 5 is surprising. They certainly look much better than Sekiro, The Witcher 3, and AC Valhalla at least. Valhalla isn't even the best looking AC game last gen.

No Flight Simulator 2020?

I think it's console games only and MFS is current gen (9th).

Last edited:

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Agreed with the majority of the list. Would sub out Sekiro for Gears 5

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd switch up that list just a bit personally:

10. Gears of War 5
9. Ghost of Tsushima
8. Metro Exodus