• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This looks phenomenal with RT on. It honestly looks better than a recent capture from a Youtuber running the game on the RTX 3080, but it could just be the capture.

I wonder if the PS5 will have a dynamic resolution. Interesting times ahead.
To be fair every game needs to have dynamic res these days imo. Just as a "safety net"

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
looks great and the RT reflections look awesome, 30fps is reasonable if you want to get the bells and whistles really. Hope the PS5 version's ray tracing is as good.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Legion runs like absolute total ass on current gen. I don't know if it's an optimisation problem or what but on base PS4 especially it runs horrendously with screen tearing all over the place, and not much better on Pro. This footage looks dramatically better.

Maybe it's just because I haven't watched it in a while, but the nighttime footage here reminds me of the original Watch_Dogs reveal. Edit: Yeah I rewatched W_D E3 2012 and man, that footage has aged in a way I didn't expect. It's weird to see it now looking dramatically worse than this, but that's graphics I guess.

It looks really great on Xbox One X. Interesting to see it supports VRRon Series X but not XB1

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Can we assume PS5 version will also look the same with ray tracing etc?

I'm at the stage now where I'm not buying any new games, I'll hold out until I do eventually get a PS5.

Noons End

Nov 5, 2017
This reminded me so strongly of the original Watch Dogs E3 trailer. Genuinely a night and day difference compared to the footage I've seen even on the PS4 Pro and One X.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I played enough to get my review and videos done, but am looking forward to continuing on Series X.

Here's One X gameplay for comparison. That ray tracing adds so much. It looks a bit bland on One X.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched this on 4k youtube Along with Demon souls gameplay 2 lol. I didnt expect the game to look that good while watching. Wish there was a 60fps mode, but damn it looks good As hell.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
SoulfulWelloffBadger-size_restricted.gif

Wow this is great.... this is a cross gen game too... bodes well for next-gen

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone who has Legion on a high end PC (2080TI/3080 equivalent) comment on if it looks as good on PC as this video? Was going to start on Uplay + today on PC, but daaamn this looks good on Series X.

Now, caveat - I would prefer not to play in 30FPS, and launch week is kinda reserved for Miles Morales at this point!!

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuck, I was so close to starting the game on my one x, now it looks like I really should wait a bit more.
Between this, AC: Valhalle and COD though, launch week will be busy...

Oct 25, 2017
That's looked........... Surprisingly great? Pure eye-candy visuals. And in a cross-gen game no less. Exciting for the future.

Oct 29, 2017
This reminded me so strongly of the original Watch Dogs E3 trailer. Genuinely a night and day difference compared to the footage I've seen even on the PS4 Pro and One X.
Playing it on Pro and can confirm this, the next gen upgrade looks fantastic. My idea was to play a bit on PS4 and then move to PS5 so I'm glad the upgrade is so big.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
That looks great! This is our first time seeing real-time gameplay with ray tracing on Series X, right? Well, besides that path-traced Minecraft demo back in March. Looks really nice.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
UBI is pulling an EA dropping this game at the same time as Valhalla, a-la Titanfall 2. Not sure why.
Yeah, a huge reason I was planning on starting this today is it gave me like 12 days to play this before XSX comes out and I start Falconeer and maybe Yakuza, then PS5 comes out and I finish Ghost of Tsushima in 60fps then immediately dive into Miles Morales, then hopefully Valhalla, then all the other games coming out plus Cyberpunk, etc etc etc and we are well into 2021

This game 100% falls onto my largely impossible backlog if I don't play it in this very narrow window, lol.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised how good this looks. I loved WD2 but haven't really been interested in this before now. I'll probably pick it up in a few months.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Seeing ray tracing already look this good in a cross gen open world game is brilliant. Seems like just yesterday the consensus on this site was that there was no chance of ray tracing next gen.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Not gonna lie I wasn't interested in this game at all but that looks fire, I might actually end up picking this up.

Makes me really excited for the first next gen only AC that is hopefully in China or Brazil

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Anyone playing with a 3080 on PC right now able to share if this looks comparable to PC?
It looks the same as PC ray tracing to me. It's hard to tell what setting it's at from a youtube video, but on PC the difference in settings just affects the resolution of the reflections a little (and maybe draw distance, i haven't compared the settings enough). I doubt it's ultra on consoles, probably medium or high. Not a big deal since I can't really tell the difference without side by side.

Also worth nothing the only way I can get consistent 60fps with everything turned up and ray tracing is to use DLSS performance mode. Without DLSS it's in the 30s or low 40s.

Here is a puddle and a window on PC

jM59wzA.jpg

dG9Nf93.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't want to spend money on a game for my Series S and dive into gamepass games which would keep me busy for months but that might make me buy a game, looks really great.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Those scenes look great in gif form. But watching that video in 4K on a 4K screen it didn't seem as impressive as the gifs make it seem to be honest. Except for the reflections, those look incredible.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good looking game. But there still was plenty going on that made it look like an open-world game with a bit fuzzy, or blocky, environments. Which I was kind of hoping/expecting to not be the case anymore. But those reflections do absolutely look stunning though...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It looks the same as PC ray tracing to me. It's hard to tell what setting it's at from a youtube video, but on PC the difference in settings just affects the resolution of the reflections a little. I doubt it's ultra on consoles, probably medium or high. Not a big deal since I can't really tell the difference without side by side.

Also worth nothing the only way I can get consistent 60fps with everything turned up and ray tracing is to use DLSS performance mode. Without DLSS it's in the 30s or low 40s.

Here is a puddle and a window on PC

jM59wzA.jpg

dG9Nf93.jpg

Ash Ketchum?!

Oct 12, 2020
Oh lawd. Gorgeous. I've been seeking visual showcases for my SERIES X/CX combo.

I think I found one. Honestly wasn't clamouring for the game before I saw this XSX footage. 30fps can be forgiven for now, as it's early in the generation.

Oct 27, 2017
If games that are 30fps also support unlocked framerates on VRR tvs then I think that's a great thing. Would love to hear more details on that.

Game looks nice but isn't on my list of launch day purchases.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a decidedly last gen looking game, even though all the bells and whistles with resolution and lighting make it look impressive. Can't wait to see what games developed for the Series X look like.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Damn, I'm surprised how good this looks. I had a bad visual impression for some reason from all the prior videos up to release.