• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Confirmed by the live producer for the game.

This game hits an inconsistent 60fps with or without RT at 1440p (regardless of the settings used) using an RTX 3080 for me, so I'm very curious to see how it'll look on consoles and whether this'll mean any specific optimisations that'll carry over to PC.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It already looks pretty bad on console, im Interested in seeing how they make this 60fps...

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Curious how it took this long considering Valhalla and Immortals already had the option working well

OP
OP
Tora

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Curious how it took this long considering Valhalla and Immortals already had the option working well
Game seems to have had a pretty rocky development, not helped by covid. The game crashed so much for a couple months on consoles/PC and the team had to delay a lot of immediate plans (including online) just to fix bugs and make the game more stable.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Game seems to have had a pretty rocky development, not helped by covid. The game crashed so much for a couple months on consoles/PC and the team had to delay a lot of immediate plans (including online) just to fix bugs and make the game more stable.
Oh makes sense then

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Cool! I picked it up at release (because, well, London), but I've only played an hour so far. I'll wait for this patch.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
When the story DLC drops and this update is enabled, I'll come back. No reason to touch the game until then.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'll definitely wait for this before going back in for more.

Honestly the ray-tracing in this game was a disappointment anyway, so I won't really miss it if the 60fps mode is decent enough.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
This is why you have to kind of appreciate devs like insomniac that managed to make spider-man 60fps WiTH ray tracing. That's no easy feat seeing these games struggle.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I only played for a couple of hours because the performance was rather jarring.
A 60 FPS mode is something that would make me keep playing … so … bring it on, please.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I really disliked the way RT looked on console for this game. Just horrible to look at and way too shimmery. I'd give it up for 60fps for this game.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Of course they do this now after I finished the game a couple weeks ago or something. Maybe I'll go back and finish up the platinum.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I'll definitely wait for this before going back in for more.

Honestly the ray-tracing in this game was a disappointment anyway, so I won't really miss it if the 60fps mode is decent enough.
Yeah, after Miles Morales, I was super let-down by the RT in Watch Dogs Legion. All the reflective surfaces just looked like a blurry mirror. Water, the sides of buildings, and cars all had the same RT effect and it just looked blah.

I wasn't terrible impressed with Legion (coming from someone who platinumed the first two Watch Dogs) but maybe this will make me give the game another look

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
That's really cool they are putting the work in. I think this is the only game on next-gen that doesn't have 60fps as an option. Incredible stuff, hope to see it continue.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
I'd been holding off on the chance this was coming and almost lost hope. Waiting paid off!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Would love to have this when the story dlc finally launches. The RT is probably the best looking on consoles simply because of all the reflective surfaces of the setting available, but goddamn this generation has made me a 60 snob

Jun 23, 2019
Nice! I just picked this up at GS for $20 last week. As someone who hasn't played WD since WD1, is it at least enjoyable?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. I was so convinced the game would get a 60FPS update that I decided to stop playing it until it did.

I doubt it's gonna be a stable 60fps. It's had to get that even on PC when driving
It hopefully shouldn't be that unstable. PS4 Pro held a pretty stable 30FPS at launch with a max (dynamic) resolution of 1620p, and looking at it running, I'd say it's an acceptably fine version the game. The PS5 and XSX versions don't gain a whole lot from their higher resolutions and ray-tracing is very much hit and miss. The new machines should be able to target somewhere around the PS4 Pro's resolution and effects settings except running at 60FPS, and if that's what it takes to run the game at the framerate, then I think that's okay.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
And that's one of the two games that doesn't at least have a 60fps option crossed off the list. The Medium is all that remains

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
sigh so this gets announced after the sale...good timing.
It's not great timing for sure, but this update doesn't have any release date yet. With the way Ubisoft discount their games (including Watch Dogs Legion), chances are that it'll be on sale again before the update appears.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is neat, I've been saying since day 1 that it never made sense why this game doesn't have 60FPS mode. One less 30FPS game on next-gen (well, current-gen) is always welcome sight. So now the only 30FPS that's left is The Medium?
I doubt it's gonna be a stable 60fps. It's had to get that even on PC when driving
What's your CPU? This game needs 8 physical cores. With RT off and appropriate CPU you can easily hold 60PFS on PC.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. I got this but been so busy with other stuff I barely got into it. So I'll wait for this.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Lol a lot of people said the same about a number of other games. These new consoles are beasts. It's also a cross gen game. They'll turn off RT and lower the resolution to 1080-1440p.

RT and resolution aren't the issue. Even if I lower the settings to the lowest possible, I still get massive drops while driving.