• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I watched the video and this game doesn't look much better if any better than wd2.

That game was pretty demanding too tho.

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
Off topic but I don't know where to ask this. Is there any chance of us recurting people like Daniel Radcliff in the game or Idris Alba, like famous londoners overall just walking the streets?

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Control has Ray Tracing for Reflections, Transparent Reflections, Diffuse Lighting, Shadows and Debris.

www.nvidia.com

Control: Multiple Stunning Ray-Traced Effects Raise The Bar For Game Graphics

Remedy and 505 Games’ new third-person action game takes realism, image quality and immersion to new heights with ray-traced reflections, shadows and lighting. Learn more.
I was mainly thinking about RT GI . Outside of that Control has the most RT stuff and it looks damn great .
Forgot about that

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
What RT features does this have? Just reflections?

Im not actually that impressed, don't get me wrong the reflections in the car look great, and the water reflections don't artefact, but when playing 7ft from the TV I'm not gonna see that artifacting, and I don't think there's enough there for me to warrant tanking my frame rate.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I was mainly thinking about RT GI . Outside of that Control has the most RT stuff and it looks damn great .

Forgot about that
Control has RT GI, Cyberpunk actually doesn't. What Cyberpunk has is diffuse illumination, which isn't exactly the same thing as GI but it can possibly provide similar end results depending on how it's used.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the first Beckmark part without RT and DLSS.

The Beckmark states:

Negative impact on fps: low CPU performance.

Are you telling me an i9 9900k is accountable for the 38 fps min?

Edit: sorry. It's even a 10900k

Last edited:

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Control has RT GI, Cyberpunk actually doesn't. What Cyberpunk has is diffuse illumination, which isn't exactly the same thing as GI but it can possibly provide similar end results depending on how it's used.
I dont remember control having RT GI haha, I know metro exodus having that and making quite a big difference. How RT GI is different from Diffuse Illumination? Which one is better?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
rtx reflections are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

very impressive if you look for it because of the stability and accuracy but in actual gameplay well implemented SSR is more than good enough especially considering the performance advantages.

of all the games I played with RT, metro remains to be the only one where I felt RT made an actual difference to the point where i think it bettered the game

Oct 28, 2017
What is burnings soo much performance?
The video isn't instilling that feel of next gen or worthy of RTX 3090 at all.

And am I the only one who thinks it looks quite similar to most games already?!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I dont remember control having RT GI haha, I know metro exodus having that and making quite a big difference. How RT GI is different from Diffuse Illumination? Which one is better?
Well we don't really know for sure as we haven't seen it in action and they (including nvidia) have been vague about it.
But from what I can tell by bits and pieces of information Cyberpunk will only have secondary bounce for diffuse lighting as talked about here , whereas RTGI as seen in Control or Metro does that for both specular and diffuse lighting which would make Cyberpunk's implementation less advanced than Control/Metro. Or maybe it means Cyberpunk does usual RTGI but has light scattering for the light emitted from secondary bounce which would make it better than Control/Metro implementation. It could be anything really.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

The Beckmark states:

Sure, why not.

I don't know why people thought that DX12 will help here as the CPU issues were stemming from game's engine, not renderer.

very impressive if you look for it because of the stability and accuracy but in actual gameplay well implemented SSR is more than good enough especially considering the performance advantages.
Nah, RT reflections are impressive no matter how you put SSRs around them. The question here is more to their placement than their usage - from what videos I've seen it looks like some reflective surfaces would've done fine with SSR instead of RT on them.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well we don't really know for sure as we haven't seen it in action and they (including nvidia) have been vague about it.
But from what I can tell by bits and pieces of information Cyberpunk will only have secondary bounce for diffuse lighting as talked about here , whereas RTGI as seen in Control or Metro does that for both specular and diffuse lighting which would make Cyberpunk's implementation less advanced than Control/Metro. Or maybe it means Cyberpunk does usual RTGI but has light scattering for the light emitted from secondary bounce which would make it better than Control/Metro implementation. It could be anything really.
hopefully its RTGI with light scattering , tho I cant imagine the performance penalty lol, considering metro exodus is still pretty demanding

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Such a strange statement.

1. Because sudden high drops are bad, even with variable refresh rates.

2. Because improving flaws is something that should have been on the to do list. Watch Dogs Legion having similar issues as AC:Origins is disappointing.
Of course we have to wait for proper performance analysis. But the benchmark reporting isn't encouraging.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The game looks 'OK'.

Adaquete, but nothing mind blowing. There is nothing that screams next gen about WD Legion.

I've seen similar looking titles on my PC for the past 2 years.

The video has also convinced me RT is a massive waste of resources. It barely looks any different with RT enabled.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
rtx reflections are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

of all the games I played with RT, metro remains to be the only one where I felt RT made an actual difference to the point where i think it bettered the game
That's my biggest problem with rt. Destroys performance and you need to stop to get the details. In actual gameplay is really hard to get the details.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
A lot of people who have the top of the line specs like an RTX 3090 + i9-10900K also have intense cooling options, lots of fans, and tons of lights hence my large wattage guess. Seems like Nvidia even recommends a 750w so with all the extra shit, what's absurd about 1,000w?

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people who have the top of the line specs like an RTX 3090 + i9-10900K also have intense cooling options, lots of fans, and tons of lights hence my large wattage guess. Seems like Nvidia even recommends a 750w so with all the extra shit, what's absurd about 1,000w?

Because fans and LEDs would only account for a tiny, tiny fraction of a 250w overhead.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The Beckmark states:

If it is like WD2, the game (and probably the engine) is extremely CPU bound.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when the game unlocks on PC, or whether it's a local or global unlock? Would love to jump into this Wednesday night after work via VPNing is possible

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Does anyone know when the game unlocks on PC, or whether it's a local or global unlock? Would love to jump into this Wednesday night after work via VPNing is possible

On PC you should be able to unlock the game with VPN on Wed 28th, 12PM CET. On uPlay at least.

FINALLaunch_Timig_Map_02_50_v2.jpg

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks 'OK'.

Adaquete, but nothing mind blowing. There is nothing that screams next gen about WD Legion.

I've seen similar looking titles on my PC for the past 2 years.

The video has also convinced me RT is a massive waste of resources. It barely looks any different with RT enabled.

Screams?! Nothing even whispers Next-gen in this game IMO. Game looks OK.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Such a strange statement.

1. Because sudden high drops are bad, even with variable refresh rates.

2. Because improving flaws is something that should have been on the to do list. Watch Dogs Legion having similar issues as AC:Origins is disappointing.
Of course we have to wait for proper performance analysis. But the benchmark reporting isn't encouraging.
I meant in a sense "sure, it's still that anvil next engine which is hardly capable of scaling on CPU side".
All the issues which AC games had on PC holding 60 on CPUs like 9900K? These are hitting the new consoles in full force too now.
So without a total overhaul of this engine in how it handles CPU tasks it's totally reasonable to still expect these issues, even on Zen3 and 10900K.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Like, it doesn't matter how a game runs fully maxed if it scales well (both in terms of visuals and perf)

RDR 2 maxed out is quite insane but the game gets insane perf boost at the expense of very little visual detail by stepping down some settings.

But anything below everything maxed is an unplayable mess making Reseters throw up

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I meant in a sense "sure, it's still that anvil next engine which is hardly capable of scaling on CPU side".
All the issues which AC games had on PC holding 60 on CPUs like 9900K? These are hitting the new consoles in full force too now.
So without a total overhaul of this engine in how it handles CPU tasks it's totally reasonable to still expect these issues, even on Zen3 and 10900K.

I see, let's hope they'll overhaul it in the feature.