• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Patch did nothing..
Using Hardware Unboxed setting (but with RT at medium) I'm getting 58-80fps outdoors (day/night) at 1440p (3900x/3080).

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Patch does nothing for average fps, not sure about the stutters and 1% 0.1% lows. Here are the benchmark results V1.0 vs. Nvidia Drivers + Patch

1440 - Ultra - RTX Ultra - No DLSS
Average FPS: 50 vs. 50

1440 - Ultra - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average FPS: 55 vs. 55

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average FPS: 63 vs. 65

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - DLSS Performance
Average FPS: 69 vs. 71 fps

Specs: 3800 / 3700x / 16 gb ram.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stop looking at the (worthless) benchmark. It was never representative of gameplay performance anyway.

Go into the game and drive around. It is vastly smoother for me now.
I'm getting 50-60 fps (1440p, DLSS Quality, Ultra). I previously had mayor drops below 40fps. That appears to be completely gone now.

watchdogslegion_2020_lzkx2.png

Shmagney

Nov 10, 2019
Wow, my computer is basically the minimum requirements for this game... it felt like not long ago I had a really nice PC. Life comes at ya fast

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah at medium settings, which it seems no one here is even attempting...
3080 motherfucker! lol

Seriously, though, like I said earlier, the game's perfectly playable as-is for me. I might fiddle with the settings later when I can sit down and watch that HU video in full and see what does what, and see what Alex says, but I could probably leave it at Ultra and be happy with it.

I won't be picking up AC for a while in any event, so there's plenty of time to compare versions.

Nov 25, 2018
Patch made my performance worse. Noticeably so.

Was managing a steady 60 fps before it dropped, now it dips into the low 50's often

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
3080 motherfucker! lol

Seriously, though, like I said earlier, the game's perfectly playable as-is for me. I might fiddle with the settings later when I can sit down and watch that HU video in full and see what does what, and see what Alex says, but I could probably leave it at Ultra and be happy with it.

I won't be picking up AC for a while in any event, so there's plenty of time to compare versions.

This is an ubisoft problem - their engine specifically, not a 3080 problem.

And this won't change simply because you go reaching for another platform... a platform that is considerably less powerful than a 3080.

I'm waiting for the comparison videos of these games running on "next gen" consoles with a setting or two running lower than low on PC and still not managing a steady framerate.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
And this won't change simply because you go reaching for another platform... a platform that is considerably less powerful than a 3080.
There's more to the decision of platform than just performance and visuals. The more hours I intend to put into a game, the more likely I'm going to want to do it in the theater room (65" 4K, full surround sound) instead of in front of my PC (27" 1440p, stereo). I can pipe my PC to it, but that's limited to standard 1080p. So it becomes an argument of "1080p/60 max settings SDR" versus "4K/60 medium settings HDR". So yeah, I can get "better" quality on the PC, but I don't always want to.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Patch made it a bit better for me performance-wise. It still takes several minutes to close the game, though, hope they fix that soon.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, yep.

This is now very playable for me with G-Sync (50-60fps range while driving, no drops or stutters)

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Game still runs like shit for me with new nvidia drivers and new patch... man i didnt expect that they would fk it up again... im scared for valhalla

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
There's more to the decision of platform than just performance and visuals. The more hours I intend to put into a game, the more likely I'm going to want to do it in the theater room (65" 4K, full surround sound) instead of in front of my PC (27" 1440p, stereo). I can pipe my PC to it, but that's limited to standard 1080p. So it becomes an argument of "1080p/60 max settings SDR" versus "4K/60 medium settings HDR". So yeah, I can get "better" quality on the PC, but I don't always want to.

Well I mean that just seems like you've spent mroe money on your TVsetup than on Your PC setup. You'd probably get more mileage moving your PC to thatsetup if at all possible.

Personally I've been using my shield to stream my HDR Pc games to it. Also my Main PC setup is way better anyway. i've got a 32 inch ultra wide, so in terms of screen to FOV it beats my 52 inch TV from 7 feet away by a long shot. Id need like a 150 inch TV to match it, lol.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
Are you CPU limited? If changing resolution is not affecting performance, it usually means a CPU bottleneck or non-GPU bottleneck. I had this happen before in a strange CPU limited scenario that I highlight in my video coming out today. DX12... is not helpful exactly on every setup and graphics config :(

You should really focus on cpu bottlenecks and how to reduce cpu load in your video. The main issue people are experiencing with the game is that they are getting bottlenecked by their CPU. Was really hoping that HUB would raise this and recommend some cpu settings in their latest video, but this was not the case. My poor 3080 is getting bottlenecked by my 9700 all the time while running around on the streets :( :( no way to get a stable 60 fps. and those stutters are visible even when g sync is on

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
You should really focus on cpu bottlenecks and how to reduce cpu load in your video. The main issue people are experiencing with the game is that they are getting bottlenecked by their CPU. Was really hoping that HUB would raise this and recommend some cpu settings in their latest video, but this was not the case. My poor 3080 is getting bottlenecked by my 9700 all the time while running around on the streets :( :( no way to get a stable 60 fps. and those stutters are visible even when g sync is on
CPU bottleneck settings: environment quality setting + geometry quality setting + turning on or off DXR. Those are your CPU scaling tools. I talk about it a bit, but not a lot because there is not a whole lot of CPU scaling in the end here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the stuttering is resolved, g-sync can handle the rest for me. Will report back later tonight when I have finished work.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, the patch didn't do anything?

It did. While average performance didn't change in the benchmark.
Driving around is a lot smoother for me.
I was getting random drops into the high 30s. Now I'm staying in between 50-60.

Game is still CPU limited for me though and going above sixty (worst case) while driving impossible, even with reduced settings.
But it is in a playable state for me now, with VRR tech.

Addnan

Oct 28, 2017
This is rather weird, before the patch I had minimal to no jitteriness while driving, now it has become unplayable. Something just seems off there.

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
I got RTX 2700 today. My system is RTX 2700 - Ryzen 5 2600 - 16 GB Ram. Updated drivers.

In very high settings, RTX on or off, DLSS on or off i got 35-45 fps all the time. Is it normal?

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Is there a way to check the version on Uplay or In game? Don't think it's a placebo, I drove around a bit and 0 Hitches which i'm happy to see. It was still dipping a bit in frames but I think that's more normal as it's loading the game world. Now to adjust settings that are crushing my CPU.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very curious to see next-gen console performance in this game. Do we know if those versions have a 60-fps mode? Top-of-the-line CPUs not being able to hit consistent 60 fps even on low settings is just flatly unacceptable.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Love that new patch, updated drivers, crash to desktop within 5min of play feeling! /s

twice in a row. no clue why

Last edited:

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
did they fix DLSS and depth of field. DLSS would make car reflections pixelated. Depth of field looked awful and made it look less realistic. Bloom was also bad too.

drifter444

Mar 24, 2020
In my settings my reflections option is greyed out and stuck on medium. Anyone know why?

I'm running 3700x and 2080 Super.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
CPU bottleneck settings: environment quality setting + geometry quality setting + turning on or off DXR. Those are your CPU scaling tools. I talk about it a bit, but not a lot because there is not a whole lot of CPU scaling in the end here.

What about ultra textures? The game says it is very cpu demanding. Is that true?

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
In my settings my reflections option is greyed out and stuck on medium. Anyone know why?

I'm running 3700x and 2080 Super.
If you have RT set to ON, you cannot adjust the reflections setting. YOu have to turn RT off, then adjust the reflections setting, and then turn RT back on again.
It does not have a great performance impact with RT on as it controls SSR with RT off (but nothing with RT on) and also the resolution of real time cubemaps. The resolution of real time cubemaps is not super expensive as I found... Ultra to Low with RT on was about 2-3% performance at 4K.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 3090 and couldn't get a solid 60fps at 1080p last night. Clearly the game was fucked.

gonna try it out later with the new patch, hope it helps.