• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
3080/9600k, the game runs bad. Getting low 50s in the open world with RTX Reflections set to Medium and Shadows turned to Very High. Frustratingly DLSS seems to provide only very marginal performance benefits.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's the endgame.

Iroman usually means you can't savescum and permadeath means your characters stay dead.
Thanks, sounds like a good idea for a second run of this game!
It is not that it is bluring the water - it is that DLSS cannot accurately reconstruct the ray tracing results on a full ray traced surface reflection, like water.
Ahh that actually makes a lot of sense! Thank you

Got to say that this game does look pretty damn nice with raytraced reflections. One bug that i've noticed is that my character will still hold their gun in the reflection of a mirror even if i've unequipped it

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at these performance numbers. This looks like capping at 30 is a must for smooth gameplay. Sounds like 60fps is just out of the question.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
3080/9600k, the game runs bad. Getting low 50s in the open world with RTX Reflections set to Medium and Shadows turned to Very High. Frustratingly DLSS seems to provide only very marginal performance benefits.

What res? I have basically the same settings and setup and mine rarely dips below 60 @ 1440p

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
H4M7lls.png

4k, everything maxed including RTX apart from having no AA and turning off motion blur. Extra Details also at 0%

Ultra Performance is a little rough since it's designed for 8k, so might dial back the RTX and use performance.

EDIT: Going to performance over Ultra Performance drops it to 61 average, so I'll take it!
I want to thank you for posting benches with the exact same system as me. Very convenient.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
MezHxrH.jpg

3080, 4k, all Ultra, with DLSS Quality

Holy moses, if the PS5/Series X can actually run this at native 4k/30 with similar quality levels then I'd say they're actually far better optimized compared to this.

from this video.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
This game is BUSTED.

RTX 3080 @1860MHz
Ryzen 3700x @4GHz
16 GB RAM @3000MHz

GPU uti. at 60% without rtx.

1440 - Ultra - RTX Ultra - No DLSS
Average: 50 fps

1440 - Ultra - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average: 55 fps

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average: 63 fps

1440 - Ultra - RTX Medium - DLSS Performance
Average: 68 fps

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - DLSS Performance
Average: 69 fps

1440 - Ultra/Very High - RTX Off - DLSS Performance
Average: 81 fps

These are all benchmark results. Every single setting I've tried up there crawls down to upper 50s at the end of the benchmark where the camera zooms out. It needs another patch and optimized drivers.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I've just gotten used to it now.

1440p, everything maxed out except for shadows at very high and RT at high.

Perf seems fine (as in, i'm not looking at numbers but it feels smooth 90% of the time) but that's only because the 3080 can somewhat bruteforce this

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad I habe g-sync, not having to worry about being at 40fps is a godsend...

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is BUSTED.

RTX 3080 @1860MHz
Ryzen 3700x @4GHz
16 GB RAM @3000MHz

GPU uti. at 60% without rtx.

1440 - Ultra - RTX Ultra - No DLSS
Average: 50 fps

1440 - Ultra - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average: 55 fps

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - No DLSS
Average: 63 fps

1440 - Ultra - RTX Medium - DLSS Performance
Average: 68 fps

1440 - Very High - RTX Medium - DLSS Performance
Average: 69 fps

1440 - Ultra/Very High - RTX Off - DLSS Performance
Average: 81 fps

These are all benchmark results. Every single setting I've tried up there crawls down to upper 50s at the end of the benchmark where the camera zooms out. It needs another patch and optimized drivers.

Ubisoft open world games continue to be trash on PC, big surprise

It is not that it is bluring the water - it is that DLSS cannot accurately reconstruct the ray tracing results on a full ray traced surface reflection, like water.
This is perfect. Not only on videos but explanations like this even here.
Man, you rock. Thanks Alex.

I'm getting around 70% usage on i7-6700k. 2060 is at 70% as well with DLSS and 95 without
About 2060, I'm able to play at 4k30 on high with RT medium and perf DLSS.

This is good outlook for my RTX 2070 nonS, thank you.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
A bit off topic but anyone know if the free game codes are tied to the 30 series cards?
I've been looking at buying a code but only have a RTX2060 currently.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
And yet I'm running a vanilla 2070 and RTX on medium and DLSS on performance I can get 59 FPS in the bench as average (I do not put the very highest settings on, shadow for example are set to high and not very high etc). And the res is 3440x1440. Very odd performance problems for some people

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
And yet I'm running a vanilla 2070 and RTX on medium and DLSS on performance I can get 59 FPS in the bench as average (I do not put the very highest settings on, shadow for example are set to high and not very high etc). And the res is 3440x1440. Very odd performance problems for some people

That's in the benchmarking tool or actual open world gameplay? Drastic performance difference for me.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
You should probably indicate that you took a screenshot of the single worst FPS dip in that entire video.
The video is linked in my post. It's stays in the 20's for an extended period in that section, then the rest of the city is in the 30's-low 40's. How it fares in a small enclosed room isn't that impressive.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Meh just realised I hadn't downloaded the HD texture pack. Maybe my results will get much worse now.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely being CPU limited here a lot.
I've got a 6700K and a 3080, playing at 1440P. RT at High (not ultra), geometry at High (not ultra), car shadows at 2, and DLSS at performance. Basically close to no improvement (for the most part) over everything at max so definitely CPU limited.

The weird thing is a lot of times my framerate will be around 40, but my GPU and CPU utilisation would be in 50% and 60%, I'd think this is still being CPU limited but why is that CPU sitting so low then?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Really need that "optimized settings" from Digital Foundry, I'm sure some settings are "useless" for the perf hit they have.

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely being CPU limited here a lot.
I've got a 6700K and a 3080, playing at 1440P. RT at High (not ultra), geometry at High (not ultra), car shadows at 2, and DLSS at performance. Basically close to no improvement (for the most part) over everything at max so definitely CPU limited.

The weird thing is a lot of times my framerate will be around 40, but my GPU and CPU utilisation would be in 50% and 60%, I'd think this is still being CPU limited but why is that CPU sitting so low then?
Is it possible it is not using multiple threads efficiently? See if any specific cores are maxing out.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible it is not using multiple threads efficiently? See if any specific cores are maxing out.
I saw all 4 cores sitting around same percentage, none were being maxed out. One of them would shoot up from time to time but not for the instance I was talking about earlier.

EDIT: Check this, tiny ass area, it's literally a vent duct, that shouldn't be hard on CPU but for some reason framerate is 40/ GPU is at 53 and CPU cores are from 50 to 70%
h4RuKXr.jpg

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
I saw all 4 cores sitting around same percentage, none were being maxed out. One of them would shoot up from time to time but not for the instance I was talking about earlier.

EDIT: Check this, tiny ass area, it's literally a vent duct, that shouldn't be hard on CPU but for some reason framerate is 40/ GPU is at 53 and CPU cores are from 50 to 70%
h4RuKXr.jpg
Thanks for looking. Ya I dont know what is going on, but if the gpu was struggling I would expect more than 50% utilization.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MezHxrH.jpg

3080, 4k, all Ultra, with DLSS Quality

Holy moses, if the PS5/Series X can actually run this at native 4k/30 with similar quality levels then I'd say they're actually far better optimized compared to this.

from this video.
Performance in open world driving section is absolute trash, given the specs. This is unacceptable. WD games were never technical marvels and came with plenty of baggage and drama, but this has to be the worst performing WD game by far on release day.

And yes, this explains why Legion is pretty much the only next gen console game without confirmed 60FPS mode.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
1440P/i7 6700K/RTX 3080

DLSS Performance
Settings: Everything at Very High
RT at Ultra
WP0GXEh.jpg

DLSS OFF
Settings: Everything at Very High
RT at Ultra

Actually better framerate for some reason. I'm obviously being CPU limited here but look at the core utilisation in this picture it's actually lower than the previous one. I guess that'd be in margin of error but the point is it's nowhere close to 100%.
13hcYvV.jpg

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gotta play this at 30FPS lock, I don't have much hope for a fix for this one. Watch Dogs 2 to this date kind of performs like crap.

EDIT: Moved to DX11 (upped the setting to ultra/noDLSS, RT is obviously off) and while I'm still not getting 60FPS due to being CPU limited, atleast my CPU is being utilised fully now. Still don't see why it'd be this hard on the CPU at a place like this though.

Also DLSS looks bad in this game, has artifacts everywhere even in quality mode. Don't even touch the ultra performance mode, it has ghosting and warping issues everywhere.

3Mxh4kQ.jpg

Last edited:

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like ass, plays like ass. Only 29 fps difference between low and ultra settings.

Everything low as they can go, expect textures.

FOvo1Hm.jpg

Everything ultra, including rtx, no dlss.

KYw1p9w.jpg

Glad I didn't pay money for this hot garbage. This is on 3080 and 3700x.