• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to report no more save issues on the XBox (at least not when I quit the game 4 different times while I played and checked it by firing it back up).
Still not sure how I feel about the game overall, I think I like it, but not super sure as I keep getting caught up in the little mini games.
Won a game of darts, almost won the soccer but that final stage, did a bare knuckle boxing thing, went hunting for a bunch of tech points. Actually typing that all out, yeah, having a bunch of fun playing so far. Only about 5 main missions in, so the actual game I am not sure, but the overall package, definitely having fun so far just fucking around. And that is a lot more than I can say trying to play Cyberpunk the past 2 days.
So think this will be the game I play for the foreseeable future. Told myself I am waiting for a bunch of patches before I try Cyberpunk again.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
So if I were to buckle and finally pick this up on sale, what would be he preferred console platform now? Given the lighting issues on PS5, I take it Xbox would be better now that the save issues may be gone?

Edit: nm. Xbox version isn't on sale.Weird.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So if I were to buckle and finally pick this up on sale, what would be he preferred console platform now? Given the lighting issues on PS5, I take it Xbox would be better now that the save issues may be gone?

Edit: nm. Xbox version isn't on sale.Weird.

I can't remember how much it is on PSN but it's almost half off at CD Keys for the Xbox digital version https://www.cdkeys.com/watch-dogs-legion-xbox-one-uk

Both versions perform identically and have exactly the same graphics settings.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking game lol...did the early mission where you help out a person in parliament...saved her to recruit later...just went to do that and now she's talking about how she used to be a "booster" and needs me to go steal a car back from her old boss 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I could literally ride around on cargo drones all day and collect tech points with my maxed out spider bot all day.
I guess certain games are just for certain people, but I can definitively say Watch Dogs has been one of my favorite overall series.
I should add, I pay next to no mind to stories in games. To me ALL video game writing is awful. Sure this game is a tad worse, but still, it really is not that bad compared to the overall landscape (I only play action games, FPS's, and arcade racers, I am sure there is much better writing in RPG's but I do not play them, so yeah). I also am a sucker for hacking related shit.
So honestly, super happy with my purchase of the game thus far. Really a fun game so far, runs and looks great on the Series X, and apparently I started playing late enough to only lose about 90 minutes thanks to the save bug.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I could literally ride around on cargo drones all day and collect tech points with my maxed out spider bot all day.
I guess certain games are just for certain people, but I can definitively say Watch Dogs has been one of my favorite overall series.
I should add, I pay next to no mind to stories in games. To me ALL video game writing is awful. Sure this game is a tad worse, but still, it really is not that bad compared to the overall landscape (I only play action games, FPS's, and arcade racers, I am sure there is much better writing in RPG's but I do not play them, so yeah). I also am a sucker for hacking related shit.
So honestly, super happy with my purchase of the game thus far. Really a fun game so far, runs and looks great on the Series X, and apparently I started playing late enough to only lose about 90 minutes thanks to the save bug.
I really enjoyed the first game, story and all apart from Aiden 'Mr Personality' Pierce.

Loved the second one mechanically, especially messing in the reactive (you reading this CDPR?) open world.
Grew to like the annoying, trying-too-hard-to-have-personalities-this-time cast. Completely lost the plot by the end, but that didn't bother me.

This one sounds like all the parts I didn't like about the other two, with none of the good.

Still probably going to pick it up on sale later today!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Offtt, hit by the paste up glitch. 47/47 posters up and no trophy. Heard the fix was to start a fresh game and do them all again 🙃

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
so .. playing as a team member with a cargo loader drone is practically like playing the game with a no-clip cheat .. I can just fly right upto things, hold Y, get the objective done and fly out in seconds even if the guards get alerted .. also makes getting all the tech points a literal breeze.

a little too OP but I ain't complaining.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I was able to finally get the flickering lighting to stop happening on the PS5. I didn't realize that the PS5 ran and HDR wrapper on SDR content, so even switching off HDR in game wouldn't fix the flickering. Disabling it on the system level got rid of it.

Then I played for an hour and for some reason none of my people would die if killed even though I have permadeath on and had passed the point in the story where it is enabled.

It turns out this is another bug. And it makes the game actually even easier than normal mode because when anyone dies you get a retry prompt, so no one can even get arrested or sent to the hospital.

So yeah. Back on the shelf again.

Razilez

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a question, I've bought the PS4 Gold Edition to play on my PS5 since there's a free upgrade (game was a lot cheaper than PS5 Gold Edition). Was wondering if the season pass will allow you to also play all the PS5 season pass content? Not just for the PS4 version. Thanks.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a question, I've bought the PS4 Gold Edition to play on my PS5 since there's a free upgrade (game was a lot cheaper than PS5 Gold Edition). Was wondering if the season pass will allow you to also play all the PS5 season pass content? Not just for the PS4 version. Thanks.

It would be insane if it didn't. Boot it up on your ps5 and scroll over to the store in-game. It should clearly the say whether you own the season pass or not, and considering its all probably tied to your ubisoft account, it will be

Razilez

Oct 25, 2017
It would be insane if it didn't. Boot it up on your ps5 and scroll over to the store in-game. It should clearly the say whether you own the season pass or not, and considering its all probably tied to your ubisoft account, it will be
I'm hoping it should. Game hasn't actually arrived yet but will report back with my findings, just wanted to check ahead of time so I haven't made a colossal mistake lol. Thanks.

OneTime

Sep 26, 2018
I enjoy the missions when I get to play as one of the agents in a style I choose.

I wish there were less forced drone obstacle courses. The controls are not great and the courses go on too long.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really dislike how the people you see in your safehouse are always your first 6 agents, there's no variety seeing anyone else when I go there.

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft fucking it up, once again. What do you do when you release the early-access product, it doesn't perform well, yet you still have to deliver a ton of promised features/content?

You delay updates, and slowly decrease expectation/promises to the point where it kind of meets halfway. The slow death, Division 2 or Breakpoint style.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've been waiting for more details on MP too. Couldn't even sell my copy because nobody wants it.

OneTime

Sep 26, 2018
The Black Hole of Battersea (borough liberation mission) is not fun at all. The drone spotlight is too narrow, and there's no quick switch between operative and drone.

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, this just updated. Any indication of new content?
From looking through the notes, it seems like mostly bug fixes to prepare for Online's launch.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

Also PC patch notes from two weeks ago

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the new patch finally fixed the HDR on the PS5.

Now there is a new bug.

It seems the game makes the left trigger have a constant light resistance while the right trigger has none.

It is incredibly annoying.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I still haven't gotten around to playing this after having it since launch, I was hoping they'd add a 60FPS mode since Digital Foundry mentioned there being one in the config files. Maybe I'll finally play it soon if they get the bugs all ironed out.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I was wondering if they were just gonna scrap it. Was never able to sell it so I guess I'll try it with friends.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Only 3-4 months late.
Is it going to be much different than 1+2 online?

Yes.

They have already shown footage of it. The map will have random events of various objective types you can complete with people. Along with a few mission types and essentially a raid where they say communication is important. There will be a spiderbot arena with a few modes, and they will also be reintroducing the mode from the first, where you spawn into someone's world and try to hack them without getting caught.

The unofficial stuff from leaks and datamines show they will introduce some sort of pass that you will be building xp for to unlock more cosmetics so you have some reason to actually do all that stuff.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Playing through the Single-Player now, it's absolutely offensive just how clear it is that Sabine is Zero Day.

I actually went and looked at her Wikipedia article because I thought "there's no way, it has to be a fake-out for the real identity or something", but nope. The one person who survived the raid at the beginning of the game, always teleconferences in from a remote location, and also wears a hoodie is the big baddie.

Just shockingly bad writing.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Easily my favorite time with multiplayer — and I can't wait to give it another go — is Tactical Ops, a series of five missions that follow a loose storyline. They're designed to be challenging and require coordinated teamwork. If you're a group running around at random, you're not going to get very far here.

For example, the first mission required us to split up into pairs and attack two separate locations at the same time. Voice communication was an absolute must because we had to worry about the guards at our chosen locations, and we had to initiate our hacks within seconds of each other.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first jumped into Watch Dogs: Legion's online mode. While there's no global invasion system and the free roam is limited to four players, the tactical ops missions seem finely crafted. If you can find a solid group of players to team up with, there is a good time to be had.

The big question is longevity. Right now, there are only five missions in tactical ops and a single playlist in co-op. During the preview, I didn't see anything like leaderboards to encourage replays, and there's no definite promise of more content. If this ends up being all there is, it might be something that gets played and dropped as folks move on to newer things.

Full preview:
worthplaying.com

PS5/PS4/XSX/XOne/PC Multiplayer Preview - 'Watch Dogs: Legion'

Watch Dogs: Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes.

The unofficial stuff from leaks and datamines show they will introduce some sort of pass that you will be building xp for to unlock more cosmetics so you have some reason to actually do all that stuff.

You referring to this?
525247.jpg

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Still no invasions? I've been holding off on this game until those are added since I know I won't go back just for that if I complete the game beforehand.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing through the Single-Player now, it's absolutely offensive just how clear it is that Sabine is Zero Day.

I actually went and looked at her Wikipedia article because I thought "there's no way, it has to be a fake-out for the real identity or something", but nope. The one person who survived the raid at the beginning of the game, always teleconferences in from a remote location, and also wears a hoodie is the big baddie.

Just shockingly bad writing.
I know it's been a while but you probably could've tagged those spoilers instead of blurring them out because I had no idea what I was clicking and probably spoiled myself on the biggest twist in the game.