• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The craziest thing is I played this game for about 10 hours on the PS Pro and it was great. No bugs, great performance, great image quality and smooth framepacing.

On the PS5 the lighting is constantly flickering lighter and darker, there is aliasing everywhere, and the framepacing is complete garbage. There is constant "stutter" as you rotate the camera.

The PS5 version also looks like it is running at sub 1080p whereas the PS Pro version looks like a clean 1440p.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The only games I've bought separately for my Series X so far have been Resi 3 and WD. Resi 3, while short, was fun. Watch Dogs is a game that I just can't be bothered to play given the vastly better offerings through Game Pass. I liked Watch Dogs 2, but so far this one is kind of a slog. And tonally it's weird - the characters are annoying and zany, but the world is bleak and rather serious. I'm only a few hours into it, but I find myself already tempted to skip extended cutscenes because I just don't care about the story so far.

Even though I picked it up on sale, I'm still regretting the purchase so far.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or the recruitment missions are way too similar ?

I recruited 6 or 7 people early on and holy shit I felt like was just doing the same thing over and over again.

It's basically a set of narrative situations pasted on a handful of mission areas with several possible objectives [hack this terminal, steal this document, kill that guy], and they're probably randomly generated.

It's extremely superficial, for sure.

Roli

Apr 16, 2018
Do the side missions outside of the trophy ones ever end?
I feel like I did 10 404 missions with no end in sight and it became repetitive.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
As I approach another person to talk about recruiting or liberating a borough.

"FUCK ME, are you DedSec"

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just finished up the main story, and I'm definitely underwhelmed by this game. Such a huge step back from 2 in so many ways.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Had a look around to see if there's any update on the Xbox save game issue and looks like there's still no ETA

After a month of waiting for it to be made in to a playable state (Constant crashing on One S and then not saving on Series X) and with Cyberpunk out in 3 days I can't see myself coming back to this. Probably the biggest buyers remorse I've ever had on a game. A shame as I enjoyed the first two.
If I'd have bought it direct from the digital store and not a key then I'd probably still try and get a refund, even after all this time. It's ridiculous that it's still in this state so long after launch.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018
Just noticed HDR isn't working on One X. Went to display settings in-game, says HDR is on and it can't be turned off but TV says no HDR. Any news about this bug?

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018
What I really dislike about this game and Ubi games in general is that people keep repeating the same sentences over and over again when you're standing still. It's very annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
I strongly disliked WD1 but really loved the sequel, and it's a shame to read that the third game makes a lot of missteps. Maybe it'll be better once all of the technical issues are patched out, but it sounds like due to the procedural nature of a lot of things that the mission design isn't too exciting either.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I strongly disliked WD1 but really loved the sequel, and it's a shame to read that the third game makes a lot of missteps. Maybe it'll be better once all of the technical issues are patched out, but it sounds like due to the procedural nature of a lot of things that the mission design isn't too exciting either.

The Procedual stuff sometimes is wierd. There's a mission in the game where you start working for a spy/somebody who works for a spy agency(they Never mention MI6 or MI5... wierd) Naturally, I send a spy to do the missions. The mission giver says something like: Spy stuff is a lot more complicated than it looks. My "Agent" replies: Hell I don't know.

I'm like, you should KNOW, you're a SPY. This broke me.

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Title Update 2.40 tomorrow. This patch has the fix for the Series X/S save file issue, but I don't think it fixes the audio popping issue. Also included in this update is the ability to retire Prestige operatives and Ray-Tracing is now enabled for AMD GPUs.

Global
  • We have added the ability to retire Prestige Operatives, which will function like their Permadeath behavior: They will be gone for the remainder of the playthrough. Starting a new game will add the Operatives in that playthrough.
  • Fixed the Unequip button in the store not unequipping equipped items.
  • Fixed an issue where skipping a cutscene could cause the cutscene to continue to play while the player regained control over their operative.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Welcome Page settings to not correctly reset when choosing the Reset to Default option.
  • Fixed an issue that caused clothes to not show up on a character after having saved or loaded the game while wearing an outfit. This fix is going live for Xbox One and PC and will follow shortly for PlayStation 4.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause reflections to judder and pop in with Raytracing enabled.
  • Fixed incorrectly applying low resolution textures on the Outwear Hoodie item in the "Synthetic Error" clothing pack.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the paint from paint grenades and paint guns to not show up when hitting enemies.
Xbox Series X/S
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to not properly save progress.
Xbox One
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while driving.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during gameplay.
PC
  • Enabled Ray Tracing for Ray Tracing capable AMD GPUs.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when using DirectX12.
  • Fixed shimmering artifacts behind particle effects when DLSS was enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to not launch with Korean localization despite selecting Korean localization.
  • Fixed an issue that caused double clicking on the Back button in any Tutorial menu to return to the same submenu they attempted to leave.
  • Fixed several issues that could cause the game to crash due to a UI bug.
  • Fixed missing highlight when hovering over buttons in any Clothing Shops in-game.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after interacting with the Walkie Talkie during the Initiation mission.
  • Reordered the DLS options to correctly reflect which are available when playing on an NVIDIA GPU.
  • Fixed an issue that caused prompts to not correctly reflect a key binding change.
  • Fixed an issue that could crash the game when switching from DX12 to DX11, and then back to DX12 again.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when force closing the Ubisoft Connect overlay, while the game is launching.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when controlling a drone.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during a Spiderbot takedown sequence.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if an NPC died.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if it was minimized for more than 5 minutes.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Photomode pictures to be locally saved after uploading to the cloud.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players to map Parkour and Aimed fire to the same keybinding.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when loading into the Open World or starting a new game.
PlayStation 4
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when the game was launching.
  • Additional memory optimizations to improve game stability.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the error message "Upload failed" to be shown when uploading saves to the cloud while the upload was actually successful.
  • Added an additional fix for an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main menu.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when leaving the game idle for more than 15 minutes.
PlayStation 5
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash to occur during the HUMAN ERROR mission.
  • Fixed very bright reflections to appear during daytime in New Scotland Yard.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Title Update 2.40 tomorrow. This patch has the fix for the Series X/S save file issue, but I don't think it fixes the audio popping issue. Also included in this update is the ability to retire Prestige operatives and Ray-Tracing is now enabled for AMD GPUs.

Good that this is finally happening but to be honest, finally making the game playable on Series X/S a month after release and the day Cyberpunk is released is too little too late. No way I'm jumping back in to it now. Not until I have nothing else to play anyway.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing it last night on the Series X and only spent maybe 2 hours, so still pretty early on. I also spent way to long of that 2 hours playing darts in the pub. So really did not play the main game a whole lot.

So a few questions...
Does the game every properly explain recruiting or do you just need to figure it out?
Any way to remove people from the team list under recruitment? I mistakenly put someone early on who hates DeadSec and want to remove them, or does it not really matter?

I think my biggest question is can one progress through the main story without doing many side missions?

Final question, or there something specific I should focus on that is known to be a right approach?

I have not read anything at all about the game, so even though it is a month old I am going in pretty damn blind.

I do not know what it is but already not feeling this like I was feeling 2. Perhaps it is because I am early on and things will pick up, but it feels different compared to 2 and I cannot quite articulate why or how.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I just started playing it last night on the Series X and only spent maybe 2 hours, so still pretty early on. I also spent way to long of that 2 hours playing darts in the pub. So really did not play the main game a whole lot.

So a few questions...
Does the game every properly explain recruiting or do you just need to figure it out?
Any way to remove people from the team list under recruitment? I mistakenly put someone early on who hates DeadSec and want to remove them, or does it not really matter?

I think my biggest question is can one progress through the main story without doing many side missions?

Final question, or there something specific I should focus on that is known to be a right approach?

I have not read anything at all about the game, so even though it is a month old I am going in pretty damn blind.

I do not know what it is but already not feeling this like I was feeling 2. Perhaps it is because I am early on and things will pick up, but it feels different compared to 2 and I cannot quite articulate why or how.

In one of the early missions the game get's you to recruit a construction worker (who is pretty much the only person you'll need because of his drone)

You can remove people from potential recruits, I've not played for a while but I think it's just pressing a but while they're highlighted.

Not sure about the other stuff.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
In one of the early missions the game get's you to recruit a construction worker (who is pretty much the only person you'll need because of his drone)

You can remove people from potential recruits, I've not played for a while but I think it's just pressing a but while they're highlighted.

Not sure about the other stuff.
Thanks for the reply.

Weird, I have literally tried pressing every button while on someone under the Team tab, and nothing happens except being able to see a more detailed profile. Maybe it is too early on though as I have not met any construction worker, at least i do not think I did. Some new dude did join my team automatically, but I just did like the first couple of missions and it was not very clear what happened. Dude I was just talking to who gave me some intel at the beginning of the mission was like someone wants to join you now. So maybe that was it and it is a little different for everyone. That was literally the extent of things though.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Still sitting here waiting for the Series X update to fix the save situation before I start this one up. NOT going to play a ticking timebomb of a game that can just dump my save on a whim and waste tens of hours of my time. (How do games even get released in this state by AAA companies?)

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Played for a little bit today and I am not liking this. The GPS doesn't seem to be working. I was expecting the blue lines on the ground from the first game(the only one I've played) but they don't show up. I have to use the mini map and just drive in the general direction. I went into the settings and it looks like they are supposed to be there. The setting was turned on, but I'm not getting anything.

Another issue I had is I took out a guard with stealth and a swipe card icon appeared on their corpse. I figured it was an access card or something so I tried to pick it up, no go. I tried to hack it, no go. Later on in the building a guard spotted me and a set of doors opened to the room they were in and I got in a fist fight with the guard and took them out. Now I'm stuck in the room because the door to the room requires that keycard I couldn't pick up before. So I start looking around and I find a camera I can hack and the hack a couple cameras until the keycard is in the sightline of one and now it will let me hack it and I can get out of the room. Seriously I couldn't just pick it up? or hack it while standing next to the body so my phone could act as it? I had to use a security camera?

Also these fistfights I have to do because "we don't use guns" are just time consuming and not fun. I keep waiting for them to attack me so I can counter and they never do. So all I can do is mash punch and occasionally break their block.

Also, I cannot get used to driving on the left side of the road.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Played for a little bit today and I am not liking this. The GPS doesn't seem to be working. I was expecting the blue lines on the ground from the first game(the only one I've played) but they don't show up. I have to use the mini map and just drive in the general direction. I went into the settings and it looks like they are supposed to be there. The setting was turned on, but I'm not getting anything.

Another issue I had is I took out a guard with stealth and a swipe card icon appeared on their corpse. I figured it was an access card or something so I tried to pick it up, no go. I tried to hack it, no go. Later on in the building a guard spotted me and a set of doors opened to the room they were in and I got in a fist fight with the guard and took them out. Now I'm stuck in the room because the door to the room requires that keycard I couldn't pick up before. So I start looking around and I find a camera I can hack and the hack a couple cameras until the keycard is in the sightline of one and now it will let me hack it and I can get out of the room. Seriously I couldn't just pick it up? or hack it while standing next to the body so my phone could act as it? I had to use a security camera?

Also these fistfights I have to do because "we don't use guns" are just time consuming and not fun. I keep waiting for them to attack me so I can counter and they never do. So all I can do is mash punch and occasionally break their block.

Also, I cannot get used to driving on the left side of the road.
The first two sound like bugs. As for fist fights, you can grapple enemies if they block a lot. I think it's Y or triangle on console, not sure about PC. Why can't you use guns? I thought the non-lethal weapons were fun. You can also recruit people with actual guns.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Looking forwards to getting back into this again once the Series X patch hits. I was enjoying it quite a bit until the save bug started robbing hours of progress from me.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The first two sound like bugs. As for fist fights, you can grapple enemies if they block a lot. I think it's Y or triangle on console, not sure about PC. Why can't you use guns? I thought the non-lethal weapons were fun. You can also recruit people with actual guns.

I know I have a gun I can use, but I was trying to roleplay. When I got stuck in that room I tried to shoot the glass and then realized I didn't have a proper gun.

painey

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like the FINALLY fixed the Xbox version on today of all days. Cannot believe this game has been unplayable since launch.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

Looks like the FINALLY fixed the Xbox version on today of all days. Cannot believe this game has been unplayable since launch.

I love how their wording makes it sound like they're doing us a favour. The game has been straight broken since launch and it's taken them over a month to fix it.

It should come with a profuse apology and some sort of freebie. Unity launched in a far better state than Legion and they gave away the season pass or another game for free.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017

I've been debating waiting on Cyberpunk until either its own bugs are ironed out or, if I can wait, they next gen version is released. So this being available to me again helps with that wait.

Took long enough tho.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
So what is the best way to play the game: with or without permadeath? I'll start the game next year and wanted to know the opinions of those who have tried it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I hit the last straw and gave this up last night. It crashed during one of the most poorly designed missions I've ever experienced (you have to rely on a hacked drone to provide you light so that you're not running around in pitch darkness and how do hackers with cell phones not have flashlight features?), and that was my 3rd crash during a mission within the last 2 days. Shame on Ubisoft for releasing this thing in such a poor state as it had some ambitious ideas. But it's just too repetitive and boring for me to enjoy playing. Also, the combat system sucks and whoever decided that missions couldn't be restarted unless you quit the game and reload your save should be fired. I'd rather just go through WD2 again.

Last edited:

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Patch appears to be live on Xbox. I got an update overnight and my client shows version 2.5.0.0 (oddly enough, not 2.40 as the patch notes suggested).

I think not having played the first two games makes this feel 'newer' than it otherwise would, but I was enjoying myself until the XSX save bug started hitting me hard.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the latest PS5 patch, and the lighting still flickers like crazy when walking around during the day.

It is such a blatantly broken bug I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet. I'm starting to think they never will

DQDQDQ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fortunately I haven't experienced anything as bad as most people seem to. I'm waiting to hear trophies are fixed before picking this up again. I was able to get the delivery one to pop by playing offline. I had done probably 30-40 with one character, did one more offline and it popped immediately. Might work for the other ones with busted tracking.

My biggest issue is the removal of hacking traffic signals from the first two games.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping the patch works to fix the saves. Would like to jump back into this. Debating whether to just drone the game though or save it for hard missions.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
go figure that after all the waiting, I get back into my game and have lost serious progress. I end up ditching the mission I already completed 2 weeks ago and end up recruiting an amazing NPC and just as I go to seal the deal by talking to them, I hit X instead of Y and punch them. They turn hostile and the mission is over. I immediately quit out and reload.. and wouldn't you know it, it saved perfectly and the character won't talk to me any more. The saves finally work, and they screwed me over.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I've been playing this on the Xbox One X for the past 2 weeks. I didn't have any problems with the autosave, though it crashed twice.

Anyways, I freaking LOVE Watch Dogs: Legion, though I recognize it's basically a 7/10 game. I'm one of those people who enjoys liberating forts as stealthily as possible in Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games. I even used the option to reset forts in a few games. So Legion is right up my alley, because the gameplay is like 80% infiltrating restricted areas. The other 20% is network puzzles, drone mazes, shooting down waves of enemies, and car chases. And I am totally fine with that, because with tools like the spiderbot, AR cloak, disguises, hacking drones, and arming traps, stealth infiltration is a lot of fun. I don't even mind re-visiting the same restricted areas, because there's multiple points of entry and different strategies to try. So I can definitely sense that the game is repetitive and lacking variety, but if you enjoy the bulk of the gameplay loop, it's great.

I also don't mind the random NPC recruitment aspect, but I do think they botched it somewhat. I used a construction worker, Albion contractor, and Clan Kelley enforcer for like 99% of the game, because the cargo drone and disguises are great. The other perks or traits don't seem nearly as useful. There's also no sense of progression once you recruit someone, since they can do everything you need right off the bat. Still, I got that Pokemon itch and recruited a dozen more NPCs so I could have a diverse lineup of people with all the funniest skills. Completely unnecessary, but it just requires infiltrating restricted areas so I'm having fun anyways.

I finished the story and liberated all the boroughs, and there's just a handful of side missions left to do. I've enjoyed my time with Watch Dogs: Legion, but it's a relief this game isn't bloated with content. Just a nice 30 hour diversion and unique little experience..

Roryh

Nov 4, 2020
Watch Dogs Legion has save issues too? I can't say I encountered any when I played it but this morning when I went to play Valhalla, I lost a few hours save somehow too and it seems to be an issue.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dogs Legion has save issues too? I can't say I encountered any when I played it but this morning when I went to play Valhalla, I lost a few hours save somehow too and it seems to be an issue.
This was apparently Xbox series X (and maybe S) specific. It just got fixed, by all accounts.

Not saying there aren't other cases potentially, but the major one was this.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
This was apparently Xbox series X (and maybe S) specific. It just got fixed, by all accounts.

Not saying there aren't other cases potentially, but the major one was this.
So perhaps I should have paid more attention to the thread, but I had no idea there were save issues.
Loaded up the game for the first time since I checked it out just now, and I was basically back to the beginning.
On Series X I should add.
So if I continue playing this issue should now be fixed? when I first played it was on the last update, just checked and I am on 2.5, looks like it autoupdated.
Sucks as I lost at least 2 hours of playing. And if it is not actually fixed, I will not play it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So perhaps I should have paid more attention to the thread, but I had no idea there were save issues.
Loaded up the game for the first time since I checked it out just now, and I was basically back to the beginning.
On Series X I should add.
So if I continue playing this issue should now be fixed? when I first played it was on the last update, just checked and I am on 2.5, looks like it autoupdated.
Sucks as I lost at least 2 hours of playing. And if it is not actually fixed, I will not play it.
Some people are still having problems. So proceed with CAUTION

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are still having problems. So proceed with CAUTION
Thanks. What I did was play since I posted, banged out one of the earlier missions since I had already done it, quit to main menu, quit the game, launched it, and my progress was fortunately there.
Will probably do the whole process again once I beat the next mission just to make sure.
Sucks as I would not have put any time into it if I knew it was an issue, but it is what it is.
Fingers crossed it now works.

Oct 30, 2017
Bought this in a sale because I'm getting annoyed at Valhalla for NEVER. ENDING.

I was also starting to get annoyed by the bugs. They're usually only small but they were starting to add up.

Reading this thread, I may have made a small mistake in purchasing another Ubi game haha. I loved 2 so hopefully I'll at least get some enjoyment out of this.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
One of the only positive things about this game is that Ubi implemented the cross save system so you can bring your save to another platform.

I think that the full-screen flickering lighting bug will never be fixed on the PS5. And if it isn't, I'll eventually be able to start my save on the PC version when it hits $5 in the next few months.