• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that you'll use the cars to race across the city to deliver parcels. Not required for the campaign, but a trophy for finishing 20. And if the game refuses to track it properly you may need to do 30 or 40. Worth getting a little comfortable with the vehicles.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Incredible, I thought this would be like WD2 where I am craving the Platinum but I actually just want to delete this game after beating it and maybe come back to it when Online/DLC release.

If there's a WD4 I seriously hope they learn from this.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Has the save bug been patched yet on Series X, just got the game cheap and don't really want to start until it is

Nope. Early December is the estimate.

The game is so broken they should be giving away the DLC for free, just like they did with Unity, which was actually in a better condition than this on release.

I was thinking this the other day. Unity was a polished masterpiece compared to this. They gave the season pass away for free I think with Unity? or if you already had it then you got another game for free?

I'm not saying that they should definitely do the same but it's crazy that this game is in a worse state a month after release and they've barely even acknowledged it. I guess because the big gaming websites haven't either.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Nope. Early December is the estimate.

I was thinking this the other day. Unity was a polished masterpiece compared to this. They gave the season pass away for free I think with Unity? or if you already had it then you got another game for free?

I'm not saying that they should definitely do the same but it's crazy that this game is in a worse state a month after release and they've barely even acknowledged it. I guess because the big gaming websites haven't either.
Yep that's what they did, free season pass or a free game if you'd already bought it.

I'm not surprised the games media haven't covered this, it's pathetic.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was told recruiting an Albion guard was difficult but it was the easiest thing I've done in this game lol

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
My two hitman are not as cool. One is fine, one looks meh but has a crazy voice. I like the smooth talkers.

I found a spot where hitman spawn. I'm not sure if more will appear if I recruit from that spot however.

Oct 27, 2017
i fiiiiinally requested a refund (series x here). i'm over the two week limit though, so who knows if microsoft will give a shit about my lengthy, angry screed in the additional comments.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Played this game quite a bit at launch and then took a break since series X launched. Just went back to it today, this seems pretty broken now? The thing that bothers me most is achievements arent unlocking for doing anything. I just turned every area defiant and didnt get that one, resuced a team mate and it didnt count. Nothing is working. Looked around and a lot of people are having the same issues. Guess ill drop this one again till they hopefully patch this.

Oct 27, 2017
i got my refund!!! fuck this game!

should i use my 65 USD towards immortals, or wait for two weeks and pay half the price (and for game breaking bugs to be known)? :P

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Played this game quite a bit at launch and then took a break since series X launched. Just went back to it today, this seems pretty broken now? The thing that bothers me most is achievements arent unlocking for doing anything. I just turned every area defiant and didnt get that one, resuced a team mate and it didnt count. Nothing is working. Looked around and a lot of people are having the same issues. Guess ill drop this one again till they hopefully patch this.
The game is absurdly broken on Series X. It won't save progress (unless you quit to the main menu after each mission and then that doesn't always work), it has audio issues (crackling noises and some street ambience sounds are simply missing), some achievements won't unlock, ray traced reflections on the river look awful and some missions cannot be completed due to constant crashing.

I honestly think this is a worse launch than Fallout 76. I could actually play that game, this I literally cannot play because it won't save any progress for me at all. I actually enjoy Watch Dogs Legion, so it's a shame that it is currently on this condition.

Oct 27, 2017
The game is absurdly broken on Series X. It won't save progress (unless you quit to the main menu after each mission and then that doesn't always work), it has audio issues (crackling noises and some street ambience sounds are simply missing), some achievements won't unlock, ray traced reflections on the river look awful and some missions cannot be completed due to constant crashing.

I honestly think this is a worse launch than Fallout 76. I could actually play that game, this I literally cannot play because it won't save any progress for me at all. I actually enjoy Watch Dogs Legion, so it's a shame that it is currently on this condition.
yeah, this is my exact feeling about this game. i really like it. it's a shame i can't play it because it won't let me play it.

maybe i'll pick it up again down the line when it's literally 10 bucks or something.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Again.

I find and recruit some crazy good character and it's not saved. This thing it was like a War guy that was fully specs.

I never know what is going to save and not save.
I'm waiting for the patch. After the third time I lost good progress I'm not going further with it until that patch hits. It's annoying cause I picked this over Dirt 5, which is seemingly fine on Series X (it's crashing on PS5 though). I feel for the devs, FWIW. This launch window is insane with the number of platforms.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Do people think there's a chance the PS5/Xbox Series will get a 60FPS mode without raytracing in the big upcoming patch? I remember the Digital Foundry guys were saying there was a disabled 60FPS setting in the config files or something, and I've been holding off playing it for a bit so I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer since Cyberpunk is out soon anyway.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

It's honestly the most broken AAA I've seen at launch and it's a disgrace that Ubisoft haven't fixed the biggest problems after over a month. These problems are easily reproducible.

Unity was in a better place a launch and that got absolutely hammered, to the point where they gave away the DLC or a game for free.

It's pathetic that the games media hasn't picked up on this.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I'm surprised just how often you see a loading screen on this game, I'm damn glad the loads are better than last gen.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I honestly can't believe how much of a backwards step this feels compared to Watch Dogs 2.

Even if none of the new stuff worked out (which it kind of didn't) there was still so much quality in Watch Dogs 2 to fall back on. The world however feels so empty and lifeless and as a Londoner the representation of the city is frankly a bit shit, they've missed out some of the biggest/best parts of the city, why is Oxford street reduced to a fucking dead end and where is Centre Point? I understand they can't cover the whole city (nor should they aim too) but jesus this feels disappointing in comparison to the size and scope of the previous game.

But it's the smaller details I miss, I've not seen a single animal so far in the game let alone the countless breeds of dogs you could find and interactive with in Watch Dogs 2.

Finally, going so far into the future was always a red flag for me. I don't need to see London as this super dystopian city full of clichés and bowler hats that prove they never even went to visit. The city itself is already interesting and diverse enough that just setting it in 2020 would of been preferable.

I'd like to think they could salvage this with a patch or some of the DLC but I really am starting to feel this game is a lost cause.

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Title Update 2.30 is launching tomorrow on all platforms.

This one is aiming to fix the game crashing. This does NOT fix the Series X/S save file issue, however "the dev team has identified the underlying cause and is working on an additional fix for this specific issue." Patch notes are below.

Global
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to change game difficulty and permadeath options while in the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue where a black screen could occur when opening the door to hidden rooms.
  • Super Game Over: Fixed an issue where, after getting Game Over in Permadeath Mode, players would spawn without any player characters when starting a new game.
  • Players can no longer defy space and time to open an ETO safe an infinite amount of times.
PC
  • Fixed an issue where operatives would sometimes fall through the water on builds with AMD GPUs.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on saving after exiting the game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the team menu.
  • Fixed a crash that might occur when using the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where lightning could get overblown during the day.
  • Optimized loading time when quitting to the main menu.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the game autodetected input devices.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling or disabling Ray Tracing.
  • Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.
Xbox (General)
  • Added Arabic subtitles to the English and Russian version of the game.
  • Fixed an issue where voice over would sometimes get auto muted.
Xbox One
  • Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when recruiting an Albion guard in the mission "Inside Albion".
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after longs periods of play.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the drone point of view during the "Into the Void" mission.
  • Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.
Xbox Series X
  • Fixed an issue where the game launched in English when the console language was set to Arabic.
  • Improved graphics in instances where corruption occurred.
PlayStation 4
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when spawning into a new area.
PlayStation 5
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when resuming the game from the main menu.
  • Fix a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
  • Fixed a black screen that could occur when playing the "Inside Albion" mission.
Stadia
  • Fixed an issue where lightning could get overblown during the day.
  • Optimized loading time when quitting to the main menu.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Title Update 2.30 is launching tomorrow on all platforms.

This one is aiming to fix the game crashing. This does NOT fix the Series X/S save file issue, however "the dev team has identified the underlying cause and is working on an additional fix for this specific issue." Patch notes are below.
It also doesn't fix the constant and loud crackling/popping audio glitch on XSX, but apparently they've "been able to reproduce it and are working towards a fix".

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I honestly can't believe how much of a backwards step this feels compared to Watch Dogs 2.

Even if none of the new stuff worked out (which it kind of didn't) there was still so much quality in Watch Dogs 2 to fall back on. The world however feels so empty and lifeless and as a Londoner the representation of the city is frankly a bit shit, they've missed out some of the biggest/best parts of the city, why is Oxford street reduced to a fucking dead end and where is Centre Point? I understand they can't cover the whole city (nor should they aim too) but jesus this feels disappointing in comparison to the size and scope of the previous game.

But it's the smaller details I miss, I've not seen a single animal so far in the game let alone the countless breeds of dogs you could find and interactive with in Watch Dogs 2.

Finally, going so far into the future was always a red flag for me. I don't need to see London as this super dystopian city full of clichés and bowler hats that prove they never even went to visit. The city itself is already interesting and diverse enough that just setting it in 2020 would of been preferable.

I'd like to think they could salvage this with a patch or some of the DLC but I really am starting to feel this game is a lost cause.
As a fellow Londoner, I really hate the future setting too. They could have gone with the same formula as Watch Dogs 2, plus the play as anyone stuff, and it would have been great.

Instead, they removed so much of the systems and emergent gameplay moments that made 2 endlessly interesting.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing mentioned about the constantly flickering daytime lighting on the PS5 either. Ugh

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does the new patch fix the PS5 issues?

Not that I have the game yet. According to Best Buy it's been in transit since November 23rd (but USPS says it's only had it's label created). Best Buy support on the 29th said it would be here by the 30th but of course it didn't arrived. Tried to contact support today but it said all agents were busy, some reason wouldn't put me in a queue.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone NOT have problems with the game on SX? How did it get approved.

I saw someone earlier in the thread mention finishing it on Series X. Since it doesn't work with quick resume either I'm guessing it must have been saving for them? Unless they have the patience of a Saint with repeating half their progress every time they played it.

If I'd bought the game off the MS store instead of cdkeys I'd have been doing everything I could to get a refund even though it's been a month. Between the constant crashing on One S and not saving on Series X the game hasn't worked in a playable state for me since launch.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite things from 1 and 2 was the soundtrack. In Legion I barely ever get to hear it, because for some dumb reason they removed one of the better things about the series. I spend more damn time on a cargo drone then in a car. And what I've heard so far whenever I'm actually in a car ain't impressive.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite things from 1 and 2 was the soundtrack. In Legion I barely ever get to hear it, because for some dumb reason they removed one of the better things about the series. I spend more damn time on a cargo drone then in a car. And what I've heard so far whenever I'm actually in a car ain't impressive.

Yeah, it was such a stupid move to take the MP3 player out. I've probably found like two songs that I've actually liked. One of the best parts of 2 was getting into a shootout with a banger playing in the background.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was such a stupid move to take the MP3 player out. I've probably found like two songs that I've actually liked. One of the best parts of 2 was getting into a shootout with a banger playing in the background.

Absolutely. It feels like so much character and atmosphere has been taken out of the world.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. It feels like so much character and atmosphere has been taken out of the world.

Yep. 2 was definitely my favorite Ubi game last gen. The closest one of their open world games
had ever come to feeling alive and vibrant, imo. There are parts to Legion that I like (some of the characters I've recruited I really enjoy playing), but I can't believe how much of a vast improvement 2 was over 1, only for Legion to turn out to be such a massive disappointment.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
You aren't missing much by not hearing the music. Woof!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
While I wish I loved it half as much as I was hyped for it, I will always appreciate Legion for at least helping me get through the nightmare long month that was the 3 days leading up to and the 3 days after the election. I was an anxious mess and needed any distraction.

I had next to no issues playing it through on my One X, which I realize now was a blessing with the next gen bugs

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017

Cargo drone feels like an exploit. Maybe I'm still early in the game, but it is useful for just about every mission.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the new update on PS5.

The lighting is still completely broken during the day time. Everything is constantly brightening and darkening as you walk around creating an awful strobing effect.

On top of that, the antialiasing is totally screwed up as well. Every window frame has terrible aliasing on it that is not only jagged but it flickers constantly as you move the camera around.

What is going on with the graphics in this game? It seriously looks like the resolution is dropping to below 1080p a lot of the time.

DefiedFaith

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I played for about hour this morning and liked what I played but now I'm regretting setting permadeath to off. do you have to completely restart to enable it again?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I played for about hour this morning and liked what I played but now I'm regretting setting permadeath to off. do you have to completely restart to enable it again?
Unfortunately yes. It's worth it to restart though. Permadeath off really negatively impacts the game, to the point where the NPC recruitment system becomes almost meaningless.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or the recruitment missions are way too similar ?

I recruited 6 or 7 people early on and holy shit I felt like was just doing the same thing over and over again.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or the recruitment missions are way too similar ?

I recruited 6 or 7 people early on and holy shit I felt like was just doing the same thing over and over again.

Yeah. I don't know how large the pool is, but I've had a few repeats of the exact same mission.

"my friend is addicted to drugs, go steal a van full of them so we can help them."

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Against my better judgement, I went back in after the patch. Did the side missions and did not unlock any of the achievements I was supposed to.

my only option is to wait for a patch that hopefully fixes it or restart the entire game and try again. Bummer