• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Well, I did it. Another 30 mins of retrying and through disrupts and a lot of luck got past the first floor. The second floor thankfully is easy to ghost through with zero detection so having a broken disguise was ok there. And after the meeting you could be spotted and just shoot your way out so it was fine. But yeah, that was a terrible bug.

When I googled around and saw other people with this bug, they said that even when they recruited another Albion person that person's disguise was broken too, so the bug was bugging the albion disguise and it didn't matter who you recruited.

If that's the case, are there any more sections in the rest of the game where it is required to have an Albion disguise? And stuff like this Tower mission where getting spotted is an instant game over?

6faqzEeh.jpg

That's what it looked like for me. Albion disguise but mask on like normal and no disguise ability kicking in.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Finished the game on Xbox Series X - finally. Unlike Watch Dogs 2, I'm not feeling a big urge to complete everything else London offers.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
So this patch fixed my bugged save where I lost all my agents after a crash, thank fuck.
But... putting it on the back burner because of Valhalla, Miles Morales and Cyberpunk(?) - maybe even longer and wait for the Aiden update and just play solely as him or something.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Decided to pull the trigger as it's only £33 with discounted PSN top ups.

Not expecting much based on the reviews but I finished the first two so willing to give it a shot for that price.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I hate how you can not only perma-lose characters, but perma-fail quests.

I recruited a new albion guy to see if his disguise would work since my other albion guy's disguise doesn't and almost broke my game last night. So I got a new guy and walked into the nearest Albion restricted place to test it out. It worked! Yay. Good news.

So I walked out and left and then got a message that I failed a mission that was located there because I left the area. And the mission was to save one of my main team members who was kidnapped. So I lost them forever. And they were one of the borough reward people that were useful.

:\

Ubisoft games and their bugginess (and only a single save slot) is the last place I want perma-fail anything. Shit goes wrong all the time in these games, but there's no consequences so it's not a big deal. Adding consequences in an ubisoft game is baaaad.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ok managed to upload save data to cloud.

Game won't update so I have to delete and reinstall so it downloads with the latest patches.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Picked this up for 3$ today on Ps5 at gamestop. I guess they randomly gave out 30$ certificates if you bought the Ps5 there and it was already 30$. Feels lit.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yea digital always pulls the latest patched version.

That's why TLG is only 60fps with the disc version, since it's 1.0

But if you download TLG via PSN it pulls the latest patched version that has the frame rate cap they patched in.

I've had the game installed on my PS5 since release, version 1.020.000. There has been no patch since launch day. I've been checking every day for an update.

I just deleted and reinstalled the game like you said to get a newer patch.

After reinstalling, it is still version 1.020.000.

There is no new patch.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've had the game installed on my PS5 since release, version 1.020.000. There has been no patch since launch day. I've been checking every day for an update.

I just deleted and reinstalled the game like you said to get a newer patch.

After reinstalling, it is still version 1.020.000.

There is no new patch.

There's no new patch, seems we got the fixes last week but there has been patches since release.

PlayStation 5 (Deployed on Thursday, November 19th, 2020)
www.psu.com

Watch Dogs Legion Update 1.07 Patch Notes Confirm PS5 And PS4 Fixes - PlayStation Universe

The Watch Dogs Legion update 1.07 patch notes have been unveiled by Ubisoft. Read up on the Watch Dogs Legion patch notes here to see what’s new!

Seems yours updated , mine didn't as the version was 1.010.00 before redownloading today and now it's 1.020.000.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Had a glitch where the mission said talk to a person and after I talked to them it still said talk to them and I couldn't talk to them anymore. Reloading fixed it thankfully.

Also how the hell are you supposed to survive the crazy combat waves out of nowhere sections? I just did the bank side-mission and you have to stick near the upper wall or the hack stops and there's non-stop heavy soldiers coming from both sides and below. Seemed impossible even with my hitman and assault rifle taking down guys quick. Had to turn down the difficulty. Also died in a few various missions where I was playing a stealth character with no real combat options and then the mission decides to force you to shootout with a ton of guys. Seems kind of bs.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I swear there are easily more than a 1000 people listed in the credits. If that's the best they could come up with...

Story was terrible.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Had a glitch where the mission said talk to a person and after I talked to them it still said talk to them and I couldn't talk to them anymore. Reloading fixed it thankfully.

Also how the hell are you supposed to survive the crazy combat waves out of nowhere sections? I just did the bank side-mission and you have to stick near the upper wall or the hack stops and there's non-stop heavy soldiers coming from both sides and below. Seemed impossible even with my hitman and assault rifle taking down guys quick. Had to turn down the difficulty. Also died in a few various missions where I was playing a stealth character with no real combat options and then the mission decides to force you to shootout with a ton of guys. Seems kind of bs.

I fucking hate these forced combat sections and was coming to post about it.

Can I not stealth everything? Hate the "physical only" hacks . Let me get an upgrade for my spider-bot or something to do that.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
So I jump into the game just to see how the PC performance is. Run around for a few minutes, rescue a poor civilian, which causes a wreck in the street for some reason and one of the cars catches fire. I jump into a nearby car (not the one that was on fire) to get away from the cops, and the car explodes. And just like that, my starting character is dead. I liked him, too.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Finished the game and well it was fine but some of the writing...

Shocker, it was Sabine the whole time 🙄

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Next bug I run into, can't throw/deploy any time of spider-bot. It shows the arc but makes a weird click noise and won't let me deploy. Reloading fixed it.

Also I'm trying to wrap up the side missions before finishing up the main storyline cause I'm generally OCD about doing 100% in games. It seems like the 404 missions are basically infinite? So you're always going to have these stupid big white "!" sidequest markers on the map which are just the next hack spots to get 404 contracts. Lame. I guess all the actual story side missions come from your base only? I've got like 2 more left from there.

And besides forced shootouts with non-combat characters, other things that suck in Legion:

-Way, way, way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many rotating hacking puzzles. I'm so sick of this stuff. Especially if you try to grab every tech point on the map when you're near them and a ton are "puzzles" meaning this stuff.

-There's been a couple missions so far where you have to survive as a drone fighting other drones (London Eye Borough Mission, Stormzy Mission) and these are not fun. Like why can't I hack the incoming drone and have a support drone buddy or do anything besides flying in circles trying to not die while shooting at things?

-In general I'm just really tired of running around as spider-bots & drones in this game. They really push out little variety there is in the game that most mission consist of hacking puzzles and spider-bot/drone platforming bits.

-Most characters only having 1 free equipment slot. Since you need the spider-bot like 75% of the time it basically makes the other stuff a bit worthless. Yeah there are spider-bot deploys in most places, but those ones don't have the double jump/sprint/cloak. Should've had a character upgrade tree that let you unlock a 3rd equipment slot.

-I'm never gonna shut up about the bugs in this game. I've played the majority of Ubisoft games and this is 10x buggier than any game I've ever played from them which is saying something. I don't go one session without encountering something game breaking where I have to reload or figure out a fix. Usually like 2-3 major bugs a day playing. Then you have the crashes on PC... even worse when it's midway in a multipart story mission and you start outside when you reload and have to get back there again.

I'm finishing up the game because I've put 27 hours in already and might as well see the thing through but I can't wait to finish this and move on to a better game with my free gaming time. I would not recommend Legion to anyone, there's just so many better games you can play. If it didn't have any bugs/crashes/performance issues it'd be a 7.5/10 or something, ok but pretty generic and easy to get burnt out on how the whole game is just infiltrating these red zones over and over and over for dozens of hours. But with the bugs/crashes/performance...just not a good game.

There's good ideas in there, but it feels like a mish mash game of concepts without any core design pulling it all together in a satisfying cohesive way. Sometimes you get fun emergent sandbox experiences out of the infiltrations of zones and there's a decent amount of ways to approach usually and the multiple NPCs things can be good even if almost everyone is worthless outside a few. Feels like a game that if it had another 6-12 months in development with a clear vision could be pulled together and maybe in a year it'll be a better game.

Oct 27, 2017
Next bug I run into, can't throw/deploy any time of spider-bot. It shows the arc but makes a weird click noise and won't let me deploy. Reloading fixed it.

Also I'm trying to wrap up the side missions before finishing up the main storyline cause I'm generally OCD about doing 100% in games. It seems like the 404 missions are basically infinite? So you're always going to have these stupid big white "!" sidequest markers on the map which are just the next hack spots to get 404 contracts. Lame. I guess all the actual story side missions come from your base only? I've got like 2 more left from there.

And besides forced shootouts with non-combat characters, other things that suck in Legion:

-Way, way, way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many rotating hacking puzzles. I'm so sick of this stuff. Especially if you try to grab every tech point on the map when you're near them and a ton are "puzzles" meaning this stuff.

-There's been a couple missions so far where you have to survive as a drone fighting other drones (London Eye Borough Mission, Stormzy Mission) and these are not fun. Like why can't I hack the incoming drone and have a support drone buddy or do anything besides flying in circles trying to not die while shooting at things?

-In general I'm just really tired of running around as spider-bots & drones in this game. They really push out little variety there is in the game that most mission consist of hacking puzzles and spider-bot/drone platforming bits.

-Most characters only having 1 free equipment slot. Since you need the spider-bot like 75% of the time it basically makes the other stuff a bit worthless. Yeah there are spider-bot deploys in most places, but those ones don't have the double jump/sprint/cloak. Should've had a character upgrade tree that let you unlock a 3rd equipment slot.

-I'm never gonna shut up about the bugs in this game. I've played the majority of Ubisoft games and this is 10x buggier than any game I've ever played from them which is saying something. I don't go one session without encountering something game breaking where I have to reload or figure out a fix. Usually like 2-3 major bugs a day playing. Then you have the crashes on PC... even worse when it's midway in a multipart story mission and you start outside when you reload and have to get back there again.

I'm finishing up the game because I've put 27 hours in already and might as well see the thing through but I can't wait to finish this and move on to a better game with my free gaming time. I would not recommend Legion to anyone, there's just so many better games you can play. If it didn't have any bugs/crashes/performance issues it'd be a 7.5/10 or something, ok but pretty generic and easy to get burnt out on how the whole game is just infiltrating these red zones over and over and over for dozens of hours. But with the bugs/crashes/performance...just not a good game.

There's good ideas in there, but it feels like a mish mash game of concepts without any core design pulling it all together in a satisfying cohesive way. Sometimes you get fun emergent sandbox experiences out of the infiltrations of zones and there's a decent amount of ways to approach usually and the multiple NPCs things can be good even if almost everyone is worthless outside a few. Feels like a game that if it had another 6-12 months in development with a clear vision could be pulled together and maybe in a year it'll be a better game.
You pretty much summed up most of my thoughts with this game. I've spent 30 or so hours on it and after last night's session I came to the conclusion that I'm just not enjoying myself and promptly deleted it from my console. Shame, as I liked the concept a lot going in.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely glad I refunded this before release. I was so hyped, as I loved the first two games. Well, gameplay-wise...I mean story and characters? Lol.

I fear this could be the swansong for the series. And that would be a real shame. Apart from bugs and whatnot, it's really starting to sound like they just have no idea what made the other games so fun.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Haha

There was a mission I completed and it had a ledge next to water. I was worried for a second about falling off. Then I cut scene played and I did an eagle dive off like Assassins Creed.

👏

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I was thinking about how to fix this game since the pieces are there but it just doesn't work or feel complete or good. Then it hit me:

Active Squads

What if you'd select 3 characters at a time to be in your active squad and can instantly change between them with a button? And they all had passive abilities and each job class was more unique since they didn't have to be solo-able for any mission?

Example - Bank Heist

(Team: Disguise master - Hacker - Heavy)
Passive abilities for having the character in your active squad (Disguise - 25% reduced awareness in red areas; Hacker - everyone can do basic hacks while Hacker is in party; Heavy - everyone takes 25% reduced damage while in party)

1. Disguise character puts on bank/security disguise and walks through initial checkpoint, gets where team needs to be.

2. Switch to hacker, hacker fires off spider-bots and drones and grabs security keys and does what's needed to hack into the vault.

3. UH OH, ALARM IS OFF, ENEMY WAVES INCOMING, hacker engineers a couple of standing turrets and switches to the Heavy, a heavy armored unit with a giant bulletproof shield he can put on his back to stop rear damage or set down and use as moveable cover. He also has a big gun. Use the shield cover + turrets + big gun to fight off enemy waves.

4. Make an exit - If you had a getaway driver, switch to them and instantly pull up a getaway car and drive off undetectable. Got too much heat going on and have a Transient? Switch to them and blend into the crowd to lose heat.

Also...there's your 3 player co-op mode. Every player can pick a character that brings something unique to the table and working as team you pull off missions together. For Vs. can be team vs team deathmatch or objective based.

Like that would work so well with the base they have. It makes so much more sense to have an active team of three so you're not limited to just using the same couple of people and gadgets. Would also make a lot more classes useful because they could bring something to the table.

idk, I feel like the game is close to being there, but it's not.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also, go a step further and give each class type an ability tree (construction workers, street performers, etc...) and have the class level up the more you use them. Unlock new active/passive abilities.

Plus more achievement/completionist stuff there with unlock all abilities for all classes (also incentives for using every class).

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who liberated the entire map as soon as the game set you loose in the open world after the intro mission ?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who liberated the entire map as soon as the game set you loose in the open world after the intro mission ?
I did like four but the missions were abysmal so I stopped doing them.

The "victory" video you get with the low res fireworks feels like something they added literally 10 minutes before going live. These liberation missions so poorly done in every aspect.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did like four but the missions were abysmal so I stopped doing them.

The "victory" video you get with the low res fireworks feels like something they added literally 10 minutes before going live. These liberation missions so poorly done in every aspect.

Every aspect of the game gives me this impression. That being said, I appreciate the puzzle like nature of the liberation missions that helps keep them fresh.

Now that thats out of the way, its time to actually start the game.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Every aspect of the game gives me this impression. That being said, I appreciate the puzzle like nature of the liberation missions that helps keep them fresh.

Now that thats out of the way, its time to actually start the game.

My biggest gripe is that nothing matters. There's zero consequence for "liberating" a burrough, which makes it feel like such a waste of time.

So there's this crazy PMC oppressor Albion, but somehow by changing two posters and hacking some terminal the area is "liberated"; what does that even mean? There's zero difference, neither in gameplay perspective or how the world looks. NPCs don't change.

Cherry on top of the shitcake is that you get an operative with a speciality ["spy", or "assassin" for example] but the appearance is randomly generated.

So I went for the Spy operative immediately and got some goofy looking motherfucker. Then went to liberate the burrough that would get me an Assassin, and ended up with some bizarre looking guy with the weirdest voice. So you end up with operatives who, in theory, have a nice skill set, but in reality look just awful because of the RNG nature of the game so why even bother?

But then again, "why even bother" is like this game's motto.

Last edited:

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest gripe is that nothing matters. There's zero consequence for "liberating" a burrough, which makes it feel like such a waste of time.

So there's this crazy PMC oppressor Albion, but somehow by changing two posters and hacking some terminal the area is "liberated"; what does that even mean? There's zero difference, neither in gameplay perspective or how the world looks. NPCs don't change.

Cherry on top of the shitcake is that you get an operative with a speciality ["spy", or "assassin" for example] but the appearance is randomly generated.

So I went for the Spy operative immediately and got some goofy looking motherfucker. Then went to liberate the burrough that would get me an Assassin, and ended up with some bizarre looking guy with the weirdest voice. So you end up with operatives who, in theory, have a nice skill set, but in reality look just awful because of the RNG nature of the game so why even bother?

But then again, "why even bother" is like this game's motto.

Can't argue with anything you've said, its actually shocking to me that this half baked game is the 3rd entry of a AAA franchise. The game feels so cheap and rushed.. which is ironic since its release was delayed by 8 months.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I think so, yeah.

Patch yesterday said something along the lines of 'fixed game crashing when trying to quit out to the main menu' which I'm pretty sure is when it just failed to save your game.

I haven't tested it yet but they did say this patch wouldn't address the game not saving and that'd be fixed early December.

Nov 2, 2018

I hate the forced combat.

It's been a while since I played Watch Dogs 2 but the way I remember is despite me not being very good at puzzles and problem solving the game went out of its way to make me feel like a genius where as Legion makes me feel like a fucking idiot.

I might be just remembering Watch Dogs 2 with rose tinted glasses but it seems like it's hacks were smartly designed where as Legion has all the same concepts but it's not designed as tight because so much of the content is procedurally generated.

I actually love the recruitment system on paper; choosing any NPC to be the main character is brilliant but development fucked the idea at some point I think and it had to be compromised, needs a Legion sequel to apply some fixes:

• Better voice acting, more voices, and more effort to getting voices to match the characters
  • More customisation options like changing hair cuts, tattoos or piercings
  • We need to be able to level characters up which means we need more useful skills and challenges which combat them

Oct 29, 2017
So I selected "quit to main menu" on Xbox Series X, as one would as it's the only way to go back to the main menu, and it froze with the "saving icon" flashing on the side forever... well I left it for 15 minutes, but it was still flashing and I had to press the Xbox button and force-close the game. Did I lose my progress I wonder? I couldn't find any way to actually make a manual save. This game has been out for a MONTH already! I do like the game and it looks great, but damn.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I ended just bailing on this game today. The missions are pretty lengthy and I started just run & gunning everything to get it done and at some point just realized I'd seen everything in the game and wasting the rest of my thanksgiving weekend on it just wasn't worth it. As a game completionist it's pretty rare for me to drop something 30 hours in, but eh, I watched the rest of the cutscenes and moved on. I won't say this is the worst game I've played all year, but it's definitely the most disappointing game of 2020 for me as someone that loved Watchdogs 2 as a nice fun GTA alternative.

So I selected "quit to main menu" on Xbox Series X, as one would as it's the only way to go back to the main menu, and it froze with the "saving icon" flashing on the side forever... well I left it for 15 minutes, but it was still flashing and I had to press the Xbox button and force-close the game. Did I lose my progress I wonder? I couldn't find any way to actually make a manual save. This game has been out for a MONTH already!

I mean, did you try loading it?

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone even like the handling of vehicles?
I just find them terrible including the designs.

are they any actually guns in this games?

Sorry, still pretty early on in it, but can't say I like it that much, preferred the previous two games, but will give this one a chance.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Just lost another 2-3 hours of progression and two pro hitman recruits.

Quit to main doesn't work. Because the game breaks 90% of the time when you try to quit.

It won't be anything material. But they should have some kind of entitlement reward, like a billion credits.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
can i find savegames for the pc version anywhere? i had to reinstall windows and forgot that the uplay savegames arent in the documents folder, no cloud save too. i was on the mission 404

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Just lost another 2-3 hours of progression and two pro hitman recruits.

Quit to main doesn't work. Because the game breaks 90% of the time when you try to quit.

It won't be anything material. But they should have some kind of entitlement reward, like a billion credits.
The game is so broken they should be giving away the DLC for free, just like they did with Unity, which was actually in a better condition than this on release.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Does anyone even like the handling of vehicles?
I just find them terrible including the designs.

are they any actually guns in this games?

Sorry, still pretty early on in it, but can't say I like it that much, preferred the previous two games, but will give this one a chance.

There are real guns. Spies, Hitman and random people have them.

Cars are an after thought. Unless there's some car chases in the last few missions I skipped, cars are just for driving the 100 ft from the nearest fast travel station to the destination. There's like nothing to do with cars and the roads are tiny and there's no countryside to explore like the areas outside of SF in W2. It's essentially an on-foot game, which I can't really think of any other GTA-likes that are like that. Car missions have always tended to be a big part of the genre.

The spy car has rockets for instance and I can't think of a single use for them in any of the missions.