• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Why don't my PS4 trophies pop on PS5? No Man's Sky managed to do it and they also had in game cloud save PS4 to PS5.
So you're telling me if I start NMS on PS5, all my original trophies, including the platinum, will pop automatically? 😏

But yeah, sucks that Legion isn't transfering trophies. Played it a lot on PS4, left 3 trophies for clean-up on PS5 so I can get the platinum, but now I have to go back to PS4 so I can get it before selling my PS4 Pro 😕

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I can't remember a big release that was in such a terrible state on consoles (and by the sounds of it on PC) as Legion. The game is bugged AF, with crashes, save not functioning, and constant loud audio glitches that all essentially render it basically unfit for purpose, at least for me.

I preordered the gold edition for £75 and despite having opened it and tried it, Amazon happily accepted my return request for a refund, after I explained the issues with the game. I've never returned a used game to Amazon before, but I draw the line at this game in its current state.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember a big release that was in such a terrible state on consoles (and by the sounds of it on PC) as Legion. The game is bugged AF, with crashes, save not functioning, and audio glitches that all essentially render it basically unfit for purpose, at least for me.

I preordered the gold edition for £75 and despite having opened it and tried it, Amazon happily accepted my return request for a refund, after I explained the issues with the game. I've never returned a used game to Amazon before, but I draw the line at this game in its current state.

Crowbcat could fill a 60-minute video with the bugs, glitches and errors in this game.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I can't remember a big release that was in such a terrible state on consoles (and by the sounds of it on PC) as Legion. The game is bugged AF, with crashes, save not functioning, and audio glitches that all essentially render it basically unfit for purpose, at least for me.

I feel you. I was so excited for this game, but I also requested Microsoft for a refund. Hopefully they let me return it, because I haven't been able to play in over two weeks.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Crowbcat could fill a 60-minute video with the bugs, glitches and errors in this game.
It's so disappointing, I loved the first two games and was really, genuinely excited for this, especially as a Londoner. It was the first game I tried on my new XSX. But the game is straight broken. No wonder it's already on a big discount everywhere, only three weeks after release, and only one since the new consoles came out.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I can't remember a big release that was in such a terrible state on consoles (and by the sounds of it on PC) as Legion. The game is bugged AF, with crashes, save not functioning, and constant loud audio glitches that all essentially render it basically unfit for purpose, at least for me.

It is an unfinished mess, basically it is a full price beta/early access game. it is also one of the most boring games since a long time, there is just nothing interesting about it.

friend borrowed me his copy shortly after release, i´ve played it for 2 days and gave it back, the game is just bad imo. was my personal disappointment when it comes to games this year, i had high hopes that this would be something special but the game turned out to be a total letdown.

now i am super weary of Riders Republic as i love Steep but Ubisoft has a tendency to drop the ball on sequels. instead of refining what works and expanding on that they often try to reinvent the wheel which results in a failed experiment.

i am praying that RR will be like Steep but with additional mountain bikes and different scenery and not a bummer like The Crew 2 which was totally different and worse than the original game.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I was also having fun with the game.

Just a shame now that I feel I can't play, I've already lots hours of progress.

As someone mentioned earlier, Cyberpunk may be with us by the time the patch is out so I may be focused on that.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does anyone else feel like this game has 90% boring garbage clothing, 10% ok clothing and 0% awesome clothing?
Maybe I shouldn't compare it to Sunset Overdrive or Saints Row because they're right at the top in terms of cool or fun clothing, but also Watch Dogs 2 had better clothes (a good chunk was a kinda cool fit for Marcus)... actually(!) Forza Horizon 4, which is also set in the UK, beats this game.
[and I can't help it, but I need to mention that this game dropped under 20fps for seconds just while trying on clothes; in different shops... just because weird shit happened somewhere in the environment, on a 3080 with a 4.4GHz CPU, how can this game run at all on last gen consoles?]

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Watch Dogs Complete Edition that comes with the Gold Edition the already released version or are they releasing a remaster ?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea there were save issues so this moment from last night, along with 3 hours of progress, is no longer canon.

I think I'm done with the game. Not being able to reliably save is a deal breaker.

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
Lost several hours here on XBSX and tons of "little things" I did this afternoon due to the dreaded save glitch. "Fun."

EDIT - Just checked "Manage Updates" and I don't see one for Watch Dogs: Legion.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this game should be pulled and not able to be sold any longer until this is fixed (at least on Xbox)...this is really ridiculous that this game is still being sold in this condition....

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
Cross posted on another thread.

The game is so buggy on PS5. Sometimes the textures feel off or too much darkened or the recruits menu they look like there's a sugar sprinkled over their faces lol. And some missions will glitch like the finished task/message will stuck on screen for ever or part of the mission won't check out. Sometimes the L2 will always trigger the adaptive trigger vibration (similar to when using guns) for example, when you control the drone. I don't know if I should delete and reinstall the game but I'm afraid it will stay the same.

Also there's lots of loading screens. They're short in general but happens a lot.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
By the time it would arrive (sometime after Nov 24), would it be fixed or no?
No, they've already said the massive save bug won't be fixed until December, and there are numerous other problems. One bug for example, kills your new recruits as soon as you recruit them! How fun.

Honestly I had to return it because it's just a miserable, buggy mess at the moment. Hopefully it'll get fixed in time but this game isn't fit to be on sale at the moment.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No, they've already said the massive save bug won't be fixed until December. Honestly I had to return it because it's just a miserable, buggy mess at the moment. Hopefully it'll get fixed in time but this game isn't fit to be on sale at the moment.

Hm... Guess then it's probably not worth it, even with the $10 gift card thing.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
So this is on sale for PS5 for $29.99 at Best Buy... is it worth it?

I just bought it along with Borderlands 3 for PS4 which is $10 and has an upgrade on next gen to 4K 60fps. I still have gamers club so I also saved $6 and the $10 for pre-ordering made it hard to pass up. I bet it'll get patched fairly soon. Gonna wrap it up for Xmas anyway and if things don't improve by then maybe we'll return it unopened.

Oct 27, 2017
This game has the most broken save system i have ever experienced. What the actual fuck is going on.
i know polygon had an article about it, but it seems like no one really cares for whatever reason.

xbox series x owners spent 60 bucks on something that literally doesn't work and the response from ubisoft is a reply to someone on twitter while they, at the same time, advertise it everywhere including from said twitter account.

i get a game having bugs, but this is about literally saving your game.

some are doing a goofy workaround — play a mission, exit to main menu (where it supposedly saves), maybe then go to the xbox dashboard and close from there. load up the game again, load your save, play another mission, repeat. like every 10-15 mins. but even that sometimes doesn't work.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Have they fixed the PS4 to PS5 upgrade via Disk as it was still not triggering if you had an EU account except a few countries.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just lost like 5 hours of progress because the game never saved and suddenly crashed, I've just read about the issue about the game not auto-saving, I'm super pissed. I'm fine with bugs usually but this is just game breaking.

DO NOT BUY WATCH DOGS LEGION ON XBOX!

Last edited:

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
Am I the only one who's finding the game really underwhelming? I enjoyed both the first two, and I think WD 2 is a great game, but this... This feels like they put into a mix of tropes (like the evil private police force, which remembered me a lot of the Marvel's Spiderman's Sable), a bit of Hostel and stupid dialogues. The plot overall looks to me a bad rewriting of the predecessors. Moreover, the driving is worse than 2, cars are literally slipping every time I turn. Of course it's also full of bugs and glitches, as usual with Ubi. Do you think I'll change my mind going on? I played around 5 hours by now.
Oh, and I'm not experiencing any save issue on PS5. Guess I'm lucky after all.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I played about 10 hours on the Pro, and it was solid. Every other platform is broken though, including the PS4 non-pro version.

I upgraded my digital copy to the PS5 and it is a buggy mess.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm doing ok on XSX after I started playing offline. I'm actually really enjoying it after having close to no interest in the previous games. I think the setting and being able to choose my characters are what makes this game more appealing to me.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who's finding the game really underwhelming? I enjoyed both the first two, and I think WD 2 is a great game, but this... This feels like they put into a mix of tropes (like the evil private police force, which remembered me a lot of the Marvel's Spiderman's Sable), a bit of Hostel and stupid dialogues. The plot overall looks to me a bad rewriting of the predecessors. Moreover, the driving is worse than 2, cars are literally slipping every time I turn. Of course it's also full of bugs and glitches, as usual with Ubi. Do you think I'll change my mind going on? I played around 5 hours by now.
Oh, and I'm not experiencing any save issue on PS5. Guess I'm lucky after all.

You are not the only one. This thread is literally full of people exactly like you if you read back.

If you like the first 2, Legion is mechanically extremely similar without the strong central protagonist or antagosnit since it switches villain arcs frequently as your progress, each with its own central character with your recruit chiming in occasionally. So outside of looking past launch bugs and the story, I can't imagine not warming up to it eventually. It's weakest area is definitely it's lack of open world stuff to do outside of finding tech points and delivery missions.

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
People, you have to save after each mission by quitting to the main menu. I know this is not the greatest workaround but otherwise you'll be so frustrated with this game.

Last edited:

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I finished the game on PS5 yesterday and tried to get a few remaining trophies today for the platinum but it turns out they're bugged if you did tasks with more than one character, i.e. the whole point of the game.

Final thoughts

I bought this game because I mostly enjoyed WD2 (never played WD1) and it was on sale for $40. The concept of recruiting lots of characters seemed interesting and London is very pretty but the game couldn't execute on it and needed a lot more refinement. The game feels like a 10 year old open world game with this new system bolted on.

The AI and mission design just don't hold up to the abilities they give you. Once you have uniform access for each faction and the upgraded spider bot, the game is a breeze and you can get past almost every challenge the mission designers came up with because the AI is so dumb and the design of the game doesn't take into account the abilities. I should not be able to pass every "download data for a minute" objective by hiding my spider bot behind the server while the AI shoots at the server for a full minute. Even early game, the cargo bot lets you cheese most missions and bypass the designed traversal aspects.

I understand that having an open-world game with so many abilities is hard to design for, but maybe they could've limited the scope more on a mission-by-mission basis or taken some cues from the recent Hitman games on how to creatively incorporate the limitations so that the game doesn't feel broken. The story was pretty cliche and harder to engage in since the character you play is generic. The game crashed on me every few hours but I didn't lose any progress on PS5. Overall 6/10.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
on PS5, does anyone else get prompts to sign into Ubisoft account all the time before the game reaches the main menu?

I have to go back and forth, sometimes it goes and I can get to the menu and continue my game.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Sure. My workaround: Uninstalled the game - wait for a real fix that will get noticed here or in outlets.

Sure, that works as well. I just feel like I have to mention it every few pages because it prevents people from literally wasting hours of their life. I don't want it to happen to players. Either not playing/returning the game or saving after each mission prevents that. Unfortunately most will only come here once they had a bad experience.