• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I can't believe this. It's been almost three weeks since the last patch completely broke the Xbox One S version of the game and users can't progress at any point in the game without it crashing. The Series X version does not suffer from these crashes, but it has audio issues and it CANNOT save the game. It restarts all new game progress 9/10 times. What the hell? I normally don't hyperbolize like this, but this is quite literally unplayable at the moment.

Worst thing is that Ubisoft / Watch Dogs twitter hasn't even officially acknowledged the Series X issues other than responding to one single tweet about it.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Worst thing is that Ubisoft / Watch Dogs twitter hasn't even officially acknowledged the Series X issues other than responding to one single tweet about it.

Yeah, It's nearly three weeks after release and between the One S constantly crashing and Series versions not saving the Xbox versions are essentially unplayable. That they've not said anything at all is infuriating.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
A patch just downloaded for PS5 and seems to have fixed the frametime stutters I was getting. Its very smooth now. Just been driving round in the rain soaked streets at night, it looks fucking gorgeous. Seriously impressive, and im listening to classic in the radio lol.. immersive

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I'm also enjoying Watch Dogs Legion over Watch Dogs 2 on almost all fronts. However, I still cannot play it. Ubisoft, fix your stuff. It's been nine days since the Series X version is unable to save game progress.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno if it was discussed before but HDR black levels are borked atm right? Was reading it somewhere that HDR implementation atm is not good especially when it comes to blacks. Tested myself and iI get greyish blacks even though I tried to adjust the HDR settings back and forward ingame. Anyone else noticed it?

OneTime

Sep 26, 2018
Started the game today on Series X. Game froze and crashed to dashboard after 2-3 hours. Most of my progress was lost, I'm back to the point I was 20-30 minutes in.

No manual save option in the game to mitigate this issue.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Am I right in saying the implementation of Ray Tracing is excessive on PS5? I was playing on PS4 the last few weeks but figured I'd upgrade and check out the RT.

It's now really disorientating to play with how specular the roads and paths look, RT is supposed to simulate how light works IRL right?
This is not how roads look in the rain.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
20201120-174959.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have been stating it before and will say again. The only way to play this game ATM on Xbox is to save with a quit to the main menu after each little quest progress or the completion of a single quest. This method works fine for me. Once I'm several hours in, I cannot save for my life and it's almost guaranteed that I will lose a ton of progress. My method is not a smooth experience to play but it's the only workaround for now. Also, I have noticed that pausing the game too long e.g. to the homescreen will result in the Ubisoft servers losing connection, so I try to avoid that as well.

Between this and my broken PS5 on day 1, this console generation has started a bit rough for me, I must say.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally bothered downloading the PS5 version and loaded up my finished PS4 Pro save. Image is sharper, RT is fine enough, still the same mediocre (at best) game.

Don't bother until it hits sub $20 if you haven't already. It's not impressive enough as a tech demo and not fun enough as a game.

MXRider

Oct 26, 2017
I have been stating it before and will say again. The only way to play this game ATM on Xbox is to save with a quit to the main menu after each little quest progress or the completion of a single quest. This method works fine for me. Once I'm several hours in, I cannot save for my life and it's almost guaranteed that I will lose a ton of progress. My method is not a smooth experience to play but it's the only workaround for now. Also, I have noticed that pausing the game too long e.g. to the homescreen will result in the Ubisoft servers losing connection, so I try to avoid that as well.

Between this and my broken PS5 on day 1, this console generation has started a bit rough for me, I must say.
I really wish they would fix this, I've lost progress 3 times already, and it makes me not want to play more.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
First day playing, spend about 4/5 hours this morning, run out to do some stuff...come back and the audio is messed up, close/reopen the game...all my fucking progress is lost...back to having to start the safe house...Xbox series x...

Fuck this game, going to try and get a refund (bought this digitally yesterday from the Xbox Black Friday sale)

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Xbox save glitch patch won't be coming until early December.

I seem to be stuck at one point in the game on Series X, which is at the start of a spy recruitment mission. No matter what I do, or how much progress I make as soon as I come back to the game after a restart I'm at the exact same point and my progress is lost.

I've tried quitting to menu and closing the game down manually and its still deleting my progress.

Last edited:

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I have the PS4 disc version of the game and the PS5 isn't giving me any way to upgrade. Seems a lot of people in the UK are having the same problem, despite the upgrade being advertised on the box itself.

Anyone else have this?

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to make a thread about how completely broken the Xbox game is but I'm not at home. What a shit show

Oct 30, 2017
The only thing pulling me back to this game is the HDR at 4k. Playing on PC hooked up to a LG B9 and walking around areas with neon lights, moreso when it rains, is a visual splendor.

Other than that. Very meh. Voice acting is awful and character models are shockingly bad.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I trick you might try, so you don't loose progress. Switch characters before closing the game. I've only tested it a couple of times but I seems to work.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I just thought about, yeah. They are 'aiming' for early December. I can't really comprehend why they tied game saves to their servers.

Not just that, but between releasing three games during the launch window, and at least as many next gen patches, you have to wonder how Ubi found the time to test QA of all of them..

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Early December is some nonsense. I know they're working on it, and I don't want them to have to put in absurd hours to get it done, but it just sucks.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I trick you might try, so you don't loose progress. Switch characters before closing the game. I've only tested it a couple of times but I seems to work.
Unfortunately it is very inconsistent. I have tried it and only it worked once and partially. Traveling through the metro, quitting the game and recruiting a new character all work to varying degrees and to different people. For about a week now, though, nothing has saved my game, so I just stopped playing.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Unfortunately it is very inconsistent. I have tried it and only it worked once and partially. Traveling through the metro, quitting the game and recruiting a new character all work to varying degrees and to different people. For about a week now, though, nothing has saved my game, so I just stopped playing.

As I said, the only workable option for me is saving manually after each quest and then quitting to the main menu. Has worked for me both yesterday and today.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I usually keep my mouth shut on issues with games, but this save issue is beyond frustrating. This is a multi million dollar company, with enough employees to populate a small city and they can't fix a fundamental save issue until December?

They don't care. They don't see this as an issue that is hurting or helping their sales, so they just bunch it in with a planned future patch. Honestly Microsoft should step in and do something about this...they won't...

A lot of people thump their chest and say "I'll get a refund, or I'll never buy a game from them again" and the truth is you never know if they are being serious. I am dead fucking serious...I will never buy a game from them again until it drops to under 20 bucks, and I know there are no issues with the game. Fuck being treated like this.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Try hitting them. Then they jump out of the way.

And the Series X upgrade is trash. Constant audio popping.

Why was this delayed a year? How much worse was it.

I'm glad you mentioned -- I've seen very few people acknowledge this issue. Also, the game sometimes fails to reproduce ambience audio and it just sounds barren and odd. I know this is the case because I could immediately notice when jumping from the One X to the Series X version.

Kinda unrelated, but speaking about Series X issues... can't they see how utterly ugly the ray-traced reflections look on the River Thames? Normal screen-based reflections (or whatever they were) looked significantly better. The river looks very low-res because the reflections are exceptionally low-res.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
I have the PS4 disc version of the game and the PS5 isn't giving me any way to upgrade. Seems a lot of people in the UK are having the same problem, despite the upgrade being advertised on the box itself.

Anyone else have this?
I tried to install this for my daughter this morning and could only install the PS4 version. Spent half an hour looking for an option. Was later told the PS5 version isn't out till the 24th, so Tuesday.
If that's not the case I have no clue how to upgrade it.
*edit* Ignore that.. apparently, it should be up... now I have no idea. Do I have to install the disc version for PS4 first in order to install the PS5 version?

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished it. The twist was obvious and disappointing.

2 was good this was a step down.

I played 2 for the gadgets but because of characters per gadget. Not enough toys to enjoy the play through.

the game is open world and post credit you know the game continues so the end of the game has no stakes

Good thing this was free on 3080 card
Of to Yakuza

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my god, how have they not patched this yet? I'm going to mothball this for two weeks and likely lose all interest.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to install this for my daughter this morning and could only install the PS4 version. Spent half an hour looking for an option. Was later told the PS5 version isn't out till the 24th, so Tuesday.
If that's not the case I have no clue how to upgrade it.
*edit* Ignore that.. apparently, it should be up... now I have no idea. Do I have to install the disc version for PS4 first in order to install the PS5 version?

There should supposedly be an upgrade option in the PS store listing of the game, but it isn't present for UK players (possibly EU in general). Not sure what's going on.

Oct 27, 2017
it's insane how they're still advertising this game and putting it on sale and whatever for xbox storefront when it doesn't fucking save and hasn't for weeks.

and we're not even getting a possible solution for at the very least a couple more weeks.

just an absolutely annoying situation.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
it's insane how they're still advertising this game and putting it on sale and whatever for xbox storefront when it doesn't fucking save and hasn't for weeks.

and we're not even getting a possible solution for at the very least a couple more weeks.

just an absolutely annoying situation.

Yep, to me this is worse than their AC: Unity launch. At least you could play that. Pretty insulting that they're putting it on sale and not mentioning it's basically unplayable on Xbox.

Oh my god, how have they not patched this yet? I'm going to mothball this for two weeks and likely lose all interest.

Yep, bought it because Cyberpunk was delayed otherwise I would probably have got AC instead. I've had to shelve it to play other stuff now and by the time it's fixed Cyberpunk will probably be out so who knows if I ever go back to it.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
My "save after each mission" method still works on Xbox Series X, but it sure puts you out of the atmosphere of the game. It's the only way to play this now...

Funnily enough, if the game is in an eternal safe loop, you can press the options and view button at the same time and get back into the game... But I'm not confident that actually has any impact on a further save attempt, because they all fail once you are at this stage.

I really don't want this franchise to die for its obvious strengths. But Ubisoft doesn't deserve a single sale as long as this save bug hasn't been worked out.

I'm pretty deep into the story now. Some missions were really cool, but a lot of them are also not in indoor facilities that large. Spiderbot is my best friend and I love infiltrating with it. Not caring much about the story though.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I really wanted to play this, 1 was ok, 2 was awesome, but by players accounts this was a step back.

I may pick it up when it gets down to £15 or so, just so I can say I completed all 3.