• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What's the performance like on PS5. Any stutters or frame drops?

The frame pacing seems really off. It feels like it is struggling a lot.

And like I posted before, the brightness is constantly flickering as you walk around on the daytime. It is even worse with HDR enabled.

It is so bad that I'm almost positive Ubi will patch it.

Seems like they really rushed this thing out for launch

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I'm trying to finish up and one of the things I have left is a photo mission and I cannot get the photo to register. I'm right in front of the panel but no matter how many times I take a pic nothing triggers.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I may just be missing something simple here but how do I download the PS5 version of the game? I bought digital on PS4 at launch but it's still asking me to pay when I pull it up on the ps5.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I have to confess something.

After playing 30 hours of Valhalla and trying to make good pictures which aren't looking completely dated, which is not f'n easy, I switched back to Watch Dogs at the end of the night and, let me tell you this. At night, you can make good looking pictures so f'n easily. The quality is so good, the ambient lighting and the resolution can make it really good looking. You can basically hold the camera at anything and it looks great.

In direct comparison to Valhalla, it was a blessing and maybe I was a little bit too harsh about it in the past.

I also found a way to make native uncompressed screenshots without the HUD and that makes me really happy.

Posted some Series X 4K Ray Tracing screenshots in the console screenshot thread.

Your photos look great! Saw them in the thread.

I agree that the game absolutely shines at night. It just looks so much like real London. They've done a great job. And, like real London, it looks super flat and grey in the daytime 😅

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I'm trying to finish up and one of the things I have left is a photo mission and I cannot get the photo to register. I'm right in front of the panel but no matter how many times I take a pic nothing triggers.

keep moving around a bit & trying (& make sure you get the prompt!). had at least 2 photo mssions that i had to keep retrying multiple times. pain in the ass...

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on Series X today, and had back to back crashes wipe out an hour plus of completion.

Gonna wait to jump back in when Ubisoft can actually fix their shit

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Hey I'm on series X and shit was working okish (apart from that issue with the photograph) but I've come back to the game this morning and I've lost most of my progress from last night. Not all of it but a huge amount. I've tried looking the issue up and I just keep seeing stuff about the PC.

Anyone else had this happen on X?

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Hey I'm on series X and shit was working okish (apart from that issue with the photograph) but I've come back to the game this morning and I've lost most of my progress from last night. Not all of it but a huge amount. I've tried looking the issue up and I just keep seeing stuff about the PC.

Yes, the subreddit is flooded with people claiming to have progression issues on Xbox Series X. No official word from Ubisoft yet. I also lost about five hours of progress and have decided to stop playing until it's addressed. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Yep same thing happened to me today on Series X, lost about 6 hours progress. Incrediby frustrating.

Classic Ubisoft.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, the subreddit is flooded with people claiming to have progression issues on Xbox Series X. No official word from Ubisoft yet. I also lost about five hours of progress and have decided to stop playing until it's addressed. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

Think I'm going to do the same. Hopefully a patch comes through soon.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Getting more into this, but it's still such a weird game. I'm finding the most fun is just doing lots of recruitment missions which are cool little stealth missions across all these restricted area bases. They're taking me to a lot of places I haven't gone to the in the story yet.

Since the game has terrible stat tracking, are there a certain finite # of these recruitment missions? Or is some kind of procedural generation thing where it picks a restricted area at random and assigns a task there? There's dialogue accompanying them so it doesn't seem random, but it's like after you finish the story can you just keep playing for months doing new recruitment missions?

Also I wish the map had some sort of completion stats that tracked the notes/audio logs/relics at each location. I'm going out of my way to 100% every location but the only way I can tell I'm done is just looking at the map zoomed in and make sure there's no more icons also no checkbox or anything.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I have to confess something.

After playing 30 hours of Valhalla and trying to make good pictures which aren't looking completely dated, which is not f'n easy, I switched back to Watch Dogs at the end of the night and, let me tell you this. At night, you can make good looking pictures so f'n easily. The quality is so good, the ambient lighting and the resolution can make it really good looking. You can basically hold the camera at anything and it looks great.

In direct comparison to Valhalla, it was a blessing and maybe I was a little bit too harsh about it in the past.

I also found a way to make native uncompressed screenshots without the HUD and that makes me really happy.

Posted some Series X 4K Ray Tracing screenshots in the console screenshot thread.

I find it the opposite. Really easy to take great Valhalla screenshots, but at least on PC with RTX, extremely hard to take a decent photo in photomode. I'm jealous of console players for Legion.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Stopped playing Legion for the time being, after the game lost hours of progress three times. Apparently this is a widespread issue. I literally lost an entire night's worth of progress the last time, and that was it for me.

Switched to AC Valhalla for now.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I may just be missing something simple here but how do I download the PS5 version of the game? I bought digital on PS4 at launch but it's still asking me to pay when I pull it up on the ps5.

Press down on Dpad when over the Watch Dogs icon on home screen.
Press right on DPAD for the "..." button
Click PS5| FULL | Watch Dogs Legion
Download.

You can also switch between versions once installed. Go to Watch Dogs icon, press the options button, click Game Version.
but I deleted the PS5 version, there's a save uploader in game to transfer save.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Press down on Dpad when over the Watch Dogs icon on home screen.
Press right on DPAD for the "..." button
Click PS5| FULL | Watch Dogs Legion
Download.

You can also switch between versions once installed. Go to Watch Dogs icon, press the options button, click Game Version.
but I deleted the PS5 version, there's a save uploader in game to transfer save.
Weird, I don't seem to get the option, it wants me to pay again. Oh well, I'd already beaten it so it's no big deal. Thanks.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Yeah, I cannot accept that a game has this sort of save game bug. Lost progress of several hours earlier today. This should never have been able to get through any QA.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
OK just started this and getting random, frequent audio glitches in the menu and starting area. The noises sound like popping bursts of static. They aren't part of the soundtrack, they happen in game and on menus and title screen.

Anyone else had this problem? God I hope it's not my console.

Made some videos of the audio glitch:

Video of the audio glitch through surround speakers: https://youtu.be/XT_23dQcmDQ

Video of audio glitch through TV speakers: https://youtu.be/n12u-yt0vDE

Last edited:

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
the fact that there isn't some kind of auto-save when you fast travel, or complete a main mission, is mind boggling

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to ask about why my progress was missing. Looks like many are facing the sams issue. Is this bug exclusive to next gen? I am playing on Series S btw.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I'm really struggling to care about this game, i just cannot get into it, so I'm trading it in.

Where did it go wrong, I liked the first game and I love the second game.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I cannot accept that a game has this sort of save game bug. Lost progress of several hours earlier today. This should never have been able to get through any QA.

Just happened to me as well. Like 3 missions and 2 recruitments from this morning lost.

I have no desire to replay them either. Guess I'm done with this for a while.

The problem is I keep having massive audio issues when I suspend the game. How does something like this get into the wild.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Just happened to me as well. Like 3 missions and 2 recruitments from this morning lost.

I have no desire to replay them either. Guess I'm done with this for a while.

The problem is I keep having massive audio issues when I suspend the game. How does something like this get into the wild.

I've uninstalled the Ubisoft Connect thing and now make sure to save after each mission. Then it all doesn't get stuck in the menu. It's not the best workaround but one I can live with for now.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh holy fuck the PS5 version has Adaptive Trigger features. I just pulled out the nail gun for the first time and it resists then clicks when you shoot. So damn satisfying.

I really hope more devs use this. I wish Legion used it for driving too.

Going to test other guns to see if they feel different.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I really am loving this game but I'm going to have to sideline it until they patch this save issue. Hopefully soon.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Hello all. I understand that the ps4 version of the game allows you to upgrade for free to a digital version of the ps5, but is this locked until 11/24? I had noticed the physical copies for the game on PS5 all have a November 24th release date. For a person wanting to play now on PS5 is there any other difference or advantage between the digital and physical copies?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
OK just started this and getting random, frequent audio glitches in the menu and starting area. The noises sound like popping bursts of static. They aren't part of the soundtrack, they happen in game and on menus and title screen.

Video of the audio glitch through surround speakers: https://youtu.be/XT_23dQcmDQ

Is that on PS5?

If so, I haven't played much watch dogs on it, but I get the same kind of random static like in the first video when playing Demon's Souls.

It only happens randomly like once every 2-3 hours, but it's actually a bit louder than what you are getting.

I really hope it's a software and not a hardware issue

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States

I'm getting the exact same on the Series X version and saw others reporting the same on the subreddit. Not your console, thankfully.

Goldash

Nov 3, 2020
Buffalo, NY + Toronto, ON
Anyone playing Legion on Stadia? "Bought" the trial/controller/chromecast bundle that Wario64 was talking about the other day and noticed WD:L was part of Stadia's current lineup.

I'm normally not a cloud gaming person but thought it might be an interesting way to try out the full game without having to pay full price (oooor at least not until its Black Friday markdowns begin).

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a few hours in and kinda enjoying it so far, but more just messing around in the open world than the actual campaign.

My biggest problem is that despite recruiting a drone expert, Spy, professional hitman, a protest leader and others, I've never felt any need to change from my construction worker I got at the start. If doing something like getting the tech points on the Buckingham palace roof meant I pretty much HAD to recruit a palace guard and make my way up there then that could be pretty cool. In reality though pretty much every situation I've come across so far can most easily be solved by using a combination of the spider-bot and cargo drone.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
How much of the city is open from the beginning?

I'm kind of interested in exploring the city, but don't really care much for the story. I'm thinking I'll grab it when it drops to 20 or lower, but I can't be arsed if parts of the city are locked from the start.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone playing Legion on Stadia? "Bought" the trial/controller/chromecast bundle that Wario64 was talking about the other day and noticed WD:L was part of Stadia's current lineup.

I'm normally not a cloud gaming person but thought it might be an interesting way to try out the full game without having to pay full price (oooor at least not until its Black Friday markdowns begin).
Yea I bought, played, and finished it on Stadia.
It runs at 30fps in either 1080p or '4k' (whatever resolution the '4k' version actually runs at before being upscaled).
There is no Ray-Tracing, but its still a nice looking game.
I didnt have any hard crashes or lose any progress. Ever.
Lag was never an issue (that applies across the board to Stadia, but some people still ask, so I'll get that out of the way now)
There is however a weird memory leak somewhere, and after a couple hours of play the frame-rate will start to drop. When this happens I found that going into the Ubisoft Connect menu, letting it load (it can take a few seconds), then going back to the game, will recover the frame-rate.

So, despite being a bit wonky, its probably the most stable console version of the game out there :P
Hopefully the performance stuff gets sorted pretty soon, It sounds like there is a problem with the Ubisoft Connect end of things that needs addressing, as it also wasn't recording my gameplay stats correctly. The game is perfectly playable, but doesn't exactly present Stadia in the best light, so don't take it as representative as the Stadia experience in general.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Well, at least I do see the game's news in the main menu now. Progress. I'm sticking to just saving from the main menu after each mission for now to be sure.

EDIT: Servers offline again and the problems reoccurred.

Last edited:

Goldash

Nov 3, 2020
Buffalo, NY + Toronto, ON
So, despite being a bit wonky, its probably the most stable console version of the game out there :P
Hopefully the performance stuff gets sorted pretty soon, It sounds like there is a problem with the Ubisoft Connect end of things that needs addressing, as it also wasn't recording my gameplay stats correctly. The game is perfectly playable, but doesn't exactly present Stadia in the best light, so don't take it as representative as the Stadia experience in general.

Hey, thanks for your reply! I'm absolutely willing to keep an open mind and give the Stadia version a fair shot in spite of the drawbacks you listed in your post. It definitely seems like a worthwhile experience, though, as long as some of the Ubisoft-centered glitches aren't anything gamebreaking. Thanks again.