• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
this game is literally :
My mind is telling me no, but my body( heart) is telling me yea

I really dislike crap driving physics and hated WD 1/2 physics and knowing it's the same is so frustrating but if I drive slow and follow the rules might be ok...lol
Wd2 felt way too silly and hipster, is it possible, with the right recruits, to still feel serious with the campaign?

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting to play this when the Aiden DLC comes out, since you can play through the campaign as him as the "protagonist" (and it's even being rewritten/cinematic changes to add him).

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Watched a friend playing it on the Pro for 30minutes...whew, the city looks really dull and dated. they should do something about the moving shadows, you see shadows moving in time lapse fashion on the buildings. at this point i am like "either do dynamic time of day right or just don´t do it at all". animations seem rather wooden too.

for London it seems rather empty too, there are like 10 people around you at max. friend said the melee combat feels weightless and floaty and that the game is super easy, even on hard. and he said you can´t change the camera while in a car, is that right?

i am definitely gonna wait till i get a nicely priced used copy, was not impressed by what i saw but as always, playing is different than watching..

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Does this game have a proper day and night cycle. I see it getting darker but as far as I could tell shadows from objects were static? It rained also and looked fucking excellent, but I could not see any typical rain drops lol. the windscreen wipers on the card didnt move. surely this type of details is there

cyress8

Avenger
Watched a friend playing it on the Pro for 30minutes...whew, the city looks really dull and dated. they should do something about the moving shadows, you see shadows moving in time lapse fashion on the buildings. at this point i am like "either do dynamic time of day right or just don´t do it at all". animations seem rather wooden too.

for London it seems rather empty too, there are like 10 people around you at max. friend said the melee combat feels weightless and floaty and that the game is super easy, even on hard. and he said you can´t change the camera while in a car, is that right?

i am definitely gonna wait till i get a nicely priced used copy, was not impressed by what i saw but as always, playing is different than watching..
It is pretty easy. Even on hard, npc line of sight is pretty short, they are still dumb as fuck, and if you main spiderbot, you can easily take out people with ease. I think they are using the AI from WD2. It is eerily similar. Driving, searching, jumping into the path of your car, etc. Someone should do a side by side vid of it.

However, I will say I have lost 2 people. 1 from jumping down into water that I did not know was an Albion area that was not shown properly on the map. 2nd from screen froze, but the game was still playing in the background. Alt f4'd to a dead character when I got back in.

For me, right now, WD2 is the better game.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I got a free copy of this game from a CPU purchase; do I have to download / launch from Uplay or is there some way to get the Epic store to recognize the key so I can use the Epic Launcher instead of the Uplay launcher?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
If you play perma death mode simply kill him, all characters including premium and dlc characters can also die and will be gone from your game.

That's what I heard at least, is it not?
I'm not sure but I don't want to redeem his key and find out he can't die. I want the permadeath to actually matter in this game.
Does this game have a proper day and night cycle. I see it getting darker but as far as I could tell shadows from objects were static? It rained also and looked fucking excellent, but I could not see any typical rain drops lol. the windscreen wipers on the card didnt move. surely this type of details is there
The wipers on one of the car's I jacked were moving even though there was no rain.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I got a free copy of this game from a CPU purchase; do I have to download / launch from Uplay or is there some way to get the Epic store to recognize the key so I can use the Epic Launcher instead of the Uplay launcher?
All modern Ubisoft games require Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) no matter where you buy them from.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I just got an operative with vitiligo. It's cool that they've added so much variety to the character generator.

ElhDWGTXYAE97Vz

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The lighting (and black level) can be so bad in this game while being in HDR, I have no idea what the sky is doing here.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching a streamer play it to see if I wanted to play and it has gone from meh maybe I'll try it to yes I want to play it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I was NVidia, I'd only bundle a game in that I was sure could show the card at its best and not a stuttery mess. Can't imagine this being a lot of peoples first experiences with a 3070.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm just confused, but does having permadeath on make it impossible to be hospitalized or arrested? I've seen nothing like the choice between surrendering or fleeing from that early demo, but maybe I haven't triggered whatever prerequisites it has?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How does the PS4 to PS5 upgrade system work?

Is it automatic, and it transfers your save games?

I thought I was getting this free with my 3070, but it turns out they removed that offer last minute. It also seems like it will run better on PS5 from what I am reading. Considering getting it for my Pro right now if the upgrade to PS5 is both free and I can use my save.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
UI an pre-rendered stuff is mega broken in HDR

The main game is ok when you are playing, but the temptation to adjust the 5 sliders is so hard to resist

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Yo, this game is just fucking broken. I did the finales for the same two boroughs twice now and despite keeping the hooligan and the getaway driver on subsequent loads, the game now says that not only are those two boroughs are still oppressed, those last missions are no longer on the map or in my menu.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017

Game captures the autumn London atmosphere extremely well imo - when it doesn't zonk out like above lol.

That's the thing about this game, at a macro level it really does look amazing, especially with the RTX reflections. The environment ls also super densely packed with detail, objects, people and cars. Much more so than GTA or other city-based open world games. But when you get up close? WOOF. Character models are awful, as are the animations and vehicles.

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
I've had 4 Crashes to Desktop in 45 mins with this. Haven't even done a mission (apart from the mandatory one).

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing this on a friend's PC today and I was playing a Jamaican-sounding woman and got addicted to the football minigame. She swore a lot. As empty as the avatars can feel, there is something neat about playing as people with Indian, Jamaican, and Irish accents in an open world game.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Feel like I've experienced everything the game has to offer after about 4 hours, not sure I'll go back to it again.
The city looks really good though, and I've been getting pretty decent performance with RTX on.
Glad I didn't pay full price for it at least.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Friend sent me a message, crashed 3 times already on the Pro for him too.

well, it is supremely disappointing that the game is in such a bad shape after 6months delay, covid or not. just imagine, a year ago they got roasted for Breakpoint, they delay all releases and a year later they release the next game which is technically a mess...

the "Ubi magic™" is definitely gone at this point... ancient engines, broken HDR, wooden animations and bad performance occurs more often than not in their games.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game is really fun, great to have more Watch Dogs to play. It's not mind blowing but enjoying my time with it.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Once a potential recruit has the "HATES DEDSEC" label and is crossed out, is there any way to get them to be recruitable again?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Played about three hours and I can say I am SUPER glad I didn't pay 60 euros for this. Couple hours in and I'm already bored - the gameplay is mediocre, the missions are profoundly easy, the AI is really bad, the story is dreadful with a tone that is so much all over the place that it's impossible to care about anything that's going on, it doesn't really look very good visually, London itself is one big chuck of grey and brown, the cast is TERRRRRIBLE with terrible voice acting. Soundtrack is awful too with either very few tracks per channel or there's something wrong with the player because I'm already beyond tired of "FOOOLLL ON MY ENEMY, FOOOOOLL ON MY ENEMY" and Fatboy Slim.

Game is perfect for a couple of hours of nonsense I guess but there is zero reason to come back after that - you've seen everything the game has to offer within 30 minutes.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Played about three hours and I can say I am SUPER glad I didn't pay 60 euros for this. Couple hours in and I'm already bored - the gameplay is mediocre, the missions are profoundly easy, the AI is really bad, the story is dreadful with a tone that is so much all over the place that it's impossible to care about anything that's going on, it doesn't really look very good visually, London itself is one big chuck of grey and brown, the cast is TERRRRRIBLE with terrible voice acting. Soundtrack is awful too with either very few tracks per channel or there's something wrong with the player because I'm already beyond tired of "FOOOLLL ON MY ENEMY, FOOOOOLL ON MY ENEMY" and Fatboy Slim.

Game is perfect for a couple of hours of nonsense I guess but there is zero reason to come back after that - you've seen everything the game has to offer within 30 minutes.
Yeah glad I just did a one month to Ubisoft+. Sad cause I was really looking forward to it.

Addnan

Oct 28, 2017
As someone that knows the streets of London really well, kinda disappointed at just how cut down it is. You get from Farringdon to King's Cross in like 5 seconds... The stations all look half arsed. Nothing like the real life versions. I get they can't have real sized, but this makes all the sights seem so close together when they are not. You go from one end of Mile End to East London mosque in half a second. They took some parts of London and just connected them up and missed all the small bits in the middle.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Ubisoft is almost always amazing at maps and I was really looking forward to this - London was awesome in AC: Syndicate but this is probably their weakest open world in years in terms of detail, I think. It's not bad, just kinda flat and lacking that crazy detailed feel the city portion of SF had in WD2.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
So my copy just came in the mail and I'm debating whether or not I should start it up on my base PS4. My plan was to just wait until my PS5 arrives, but I'm a bit curious to try it now.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
just finished a 2 hour session and tried to quit, game seems hung, probably trying to cloud sync or some shit. i better not lose any progress