• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Shadows maybe again? WD2 had HFTS and PCSS and if I understood these correctly, this was already done with Ray Tracing.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Hell yeah! BFV and Quake 2 are fucking insane looking , I'll def be getting on PC. Wolfenstein youngblood supports ray tracing too right?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i got raytraced last month and my sex life has never been better

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Great, the more games support it the better. Personally, I'll wait for the 30xx cards because the jump from my 1080ti isn't that huge and the RTX performance isn't enough yet for the crazy prices.

Looking forward to play it in two years hehe.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Thank god its Nvidia the graphical partner for this.
Hopefully some of Nvidias other Gameworks technologies are used in the game as well.

Pretty much everytime AMD is the graphics partner either my 1070 suffers, or the game is just unimpressive graphically.
- no hate.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Well that is cool. I think it makes the most sense for reflections in this game, given how it is a city with a lot of glass, metal, and presumably, wet pavement!

Good question. Probably not as a result. Although the way they virtualise there... who knows
Well they do claim that Stadia has RT, so...I guess it's not out of the question.

Riflen

Nov 13, 2017
Shadows are a good bet, considering Ubisoft's Gameworks feature support in the past. I would like to see reflections too though. Those Watch_Dogs cube maps made me weep.

SprachBrooks said:
I didn't notice a release date during the trailer -- did they mention one?
6th March 2020

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Awesome news. I'm really enjoying Metro maxed and can't wait for more RT.
What other RT news came out of E3?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully 15TFLOPs of rtx2080Ti will be enough for 60fps and raytracing combined.

I still hope CDP implement it for Cyberpunk though.

Riflen

Nov 13, 2017
Awesome news. I'm really enjoying Metro maxed and can't wait for more RT.
What other RT news came out of E3?

Wolfenstein: Young Blood will implement Variable Rate Shading and as yet unspecified RTX features.

Hopefully 15TFLOPs of rtx2080Ti will be enough for 60fps and raytracing combined.

I still hope CDP implement it for Cyberpunk though.

Well, March 2020 is 18 months after the release of the RTX 2080 Ti. Currently the average period of time between release of Nvidia's x80 Ti parts is 19 months. ;)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they're going to enhance this for Scarlet/Next Gen PS5. Due to it being so close to Cyberpunk, and the rest of the year being packed, i'll probably play it in 2021

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ray tracing is one of those things I feel like I have to look forward to. In 6-8 years when I replay the game and have a rig that can push it out at 1440/4k 60-144hz lol

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
wd2 was extremely demanding even on a i7+1080ti combo at 1440p, so this should be interesting...

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yay! I was also pleased to see the HDR logo on the end of the trailer. Too many titles that are perfect for it don't have it (I'm looking at you Bethesda).