• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Oh, neat. I've been meaning to go back and proper play-through this, so sounds like a good time to do so. I was (albeit not as much as I was with 2), enjoying my time with this.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
does the rt still look like a mess on consoles? it made the image so noisy, that it would probably look clearer with rt off.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for a comparison video. No RT is a bummer but not the end of the world, but I'd prefer not to have the visuals in general take a big hit

Diggler

Oct 28, 2017
Any performance fixes on PC? Shocking how badly this runs, even on the latest cards.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
60fps is cool.

Anyone want to speculate about the chances of older ubi titles getting a patch? Like odyssey?

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Very nice. The more folks get spoiled by smooth 60fps gameplay the better.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I think based on that video I actually prefer the RT over 60fps. One of the very few people examples

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Too little too late for me.

This really should have been an option at launch. The RT in the game was noisy and low-grade as hell.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Sweet, but I'll pass.
I still have the ray tracing in my mind, thinking of this game here and there just because of how great it looked. Won't want to miss out on it for anything.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I do wonder if the PC version will get a patch, since it positively refused to run at 60 whenever I got in a car (even if the car wasn't moving).

May 14, 2021
I think it's 19.99 on PSN. I might jump in for that with 60fps. At 30fps, I'm just not willing to pay for much of anything anymore.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, might actually start it up after finishing Mass Effect 3. I got WD Legion back around next gen launch for like 20 bucks off and never got around to playing it.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Wonder if this forced the dev team to optimize stuff that will reflect in the PC build. It´s still stuttery when driving around London on PC.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
After playing a couple of hours on PS5, here's my thoughts:
  • The 60fps mode makes a dramatic difference. I am actually enjoying the game now.
  • I have noticed screen tearing a couple of times on busy fire fights or busy intersections.
  • When closing the map, the game stutters for a split second before going back to 60fps.
  • Overall, I don't miss the ray tracing, game still looks good.
  • This should've been the default mode on launch. It would've made all the difference.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least when I go back to play all the dlc I won't have to look at those god awful jaggie reflections with RT off.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Performance > Visuals any day, couldn't care any less about losing RT in favour of 60fps.

Oct 28, 2017
I got kinda far into the game at launch on a One X, and it was an ugly experience. Might go back and finish it now on my Series X.