• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

The eagerly anticipated online multiplayer suite for Watch Dogs: Legion is live today on consoles with the PC version "coming soon."

Glaringly, there's no support for cross-generation multiplayer.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This whole mode feels so slapped together. You get the sense if they hadn't put a button for it on the main page of the game saying 'coming soon', it just would've been quietly cancelled.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Need this to hit Game Pass so I can convince friends to play this new mode with me.

I own the game (and really like it!) but I don't think any of the rest of my crew bought it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No cross-play? Sucks, but not a deal breaker since it's still far from being the industry standard. But not even PS4<->PS5 and XB1<->XS? Fuck off.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Did they ever add a 60FPS mode for the game? I bought it at launch but haven't gotten around to playing it yet and was hoping they'd add a 60FPS option without raytracing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I might try it out but I was really annoyed their boring trophies were broken and I wasted two hours pub crawling lol.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Legions was such.....I dont even know just kinda meh, my buddy and I have been waiting for the PC release of MP to go back to it but that not being out and instead further pushed back is....dissapointing

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed Legion for what it is, I honestly think it's just too late with the MP aspect and I think most people have already moved on. I can't imagine I'll be installing the game again.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go big here and say that Legion is my favourite WD game.

But I'll also contextualise that in that I love London a lot, spend a lot of time there and have next to zero relationship to SF and Chicago. And largely don't care for the story stuff in any of these games so the whacky side characters and narrative mean nothing to me. It's a fun playground in a city that i'm super familiar with. I don't need to use the map, I can drive anywhere just by knowing what part of the city it's in. They did a great job with making a videogame London.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying the game but as a former Londoner the way they truncated some of the streets is annoying.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever add a 60FPS mode for the game? I bought it at launch but haven't gotten around to playing it yet and was hoping they'd add a 60FPS option without raytracing.
This is (somewhat strangely) the first patch or updates that actually adds any noteworthy features. All the previous patches were focused on bug fixes.

I put the game aside after a while for the same reason as you - a 60FPS mode without ray-tracing seemed so plausible that I decided to wait to see if Ubisoft would update the game to run at 60FPS On PS5...and so far, nothing.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Nope, every console version is capped at 30 FPS, no options to remove the cap.
This is (somewhat strangely) the first patch or updates that actually adds any noteworthy features. All the previous patches were focused on bug fixes.

I put the game aside after a while for the same reason as you - a 60FPS mode without ray-tracing seemed so plausible that I decided to wait to see if Ubisoft would update the game to run at 60FPS On PS5...and so far, nothing.
That's disappointing, I remember the Digital Foundry guys saying there were 60FPS mode settings in the config files so I was hoping they'd add one at some point. I'll probably get around to playing it eventually.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
No crossplay is a deal breaker at the moment as most of my friends still aren't able to get a Series X/PS5.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Do Ubisoft games regularly get on GamePass? I know a few do but as i recall none of the big franchises - the latest Assassins Creeds or Far Crys - do. Especially since Ubisoft's own uplay+ or whatever.

I have a sealed copy of WDL for ps5 i bought during a big discount but honestly thinking of selling it, the game sounds like a big step down from WD2 in every way, which is a game I liked but didn't love.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to have an excuse to run around with outfits and recruit new characters doing misisons if you like the core gameplay loop, but sadly the 4 player lobbies are a huge hinderence.

Open world event tuned for 3 players and no one shows up? Good luck. I assume it's the same with coop missions, as someone tried to launch one twice in the hour I played and both failed because 2 of the 4 people in the lobby didn't want to join. I don't know if there is matchmaking behind the scenes, but with how basic everything is I doubt it.

It was silly to not launch with options to be prioritized with players who want to do what you do with lobbies this small

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm gonna go big here and say that Legion is my favourite WD game.

But I'll also contextualise that in that I love London a lot, spend a lot of time there and have next to zero relationship to SF and Chicago. And largely don't care for the story stuff in any of these games so the whacky side characters and narrative mean nothing to me. It's a fun playground in a city that i'm super familiar with. I don't need to use the map, I can drive anywhere just by knowing what part of the city it's in. They did a great job with making a videogame London.

I like it for the same reason as you do except for the story part. I found Watch Dogs 2 more cohesive and focused on its strengths. Legion feels like a mish mash, that doesn't entirely pay off in the end.

Oct 25, 2017
It has its faults, but Watch Dogs Legion is still a better cyberpunk open world than Cyberpunk 2077, and now it has a decent online campaign with seasons. Pretty nifty.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs had some really interesting online components so its interesting to see they took all that, threw it in the garbage and went with 4 player co-op missions instead :|

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
No cross-play? Sucks, but not a deal breaker since it's still far from being the industry standard. But not even PS4<->PS5 and XB1<->XS? Fuck off.
It is coming to PC, just not today.

But yeah, crossplay between PC/PS5/Xbox Series is doubtful regardless.
Was I dreaming or didn't Ubisoft say their titles would have cross-play and cross-saves going forward? I know Legion came out just before that initiative began - so no cross-save - but I would have thought a late mode like this might have had cross-play included.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dogs had some really interesting online components so its interesting to see they took all that, threw it in the garbage and went with 4 player co-op missions instead :|
They really went with the least interesting multiplayer they could. The seamless online invasions and bounty hunter stuff in WD2 was great and I thought they would build on that. Or maybe add a larger player free roam mode with purchasable properties and shit like GTA Online without all the griefing.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
This game was really good, I liked it alot. I would recommend giving it a try.

Agreed.

W2 is the better game but Legion does some really interesting things and the combat is most definitely improved over W2.

I really enjoyed my time with it and I hope we get a fourth game that effectively ties in the best elements of the previous titles and makes something really special.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I've played it for the past 3 hours or so and gotten to rank 11 in the season. There's only like 4-5 co-op missions and they keep repeating in the matchmaking so it's already getting a bit stale. This has nothing on GTA Online, that's for sure.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed watch dogs 1. I really liked watch dogs 2 and thought it was a great game.
Words cannot describe how much I loathed this game. Not a single likeable or relatable character. The voice acting and writing was so bad. I know it must have been really complicated because you couldn't really record voices the old fashioned way with all those characters but damn. Usually I don't mind paying for a game and not ending up liking it but I got legit mad I payed money for that.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Rofl... My game glitched, I can't even do the first mission now because I used up the tech point on a recruit that didn't even complete the mission for me SMH.