• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rods

May 1, 2020
What's the general consensus on skill point allocation? I took 4 or 5 skills on my custom rangers but the companion that joined me had 3, so now I'm wondering if I'm spreading myself too thin with my skill points...
4 maxed skills per character is my guess, unless you plan on having 1 character as a skill bot with 10 int.

Few hours in on Supreme Jerk difficulty, loving this just as i did Wasteland 2. I'll probably regret not putting points in luck in a few characters, it was a dump stat in 2, got buffed a lot especially with penetration.
Quirk that gives 100% resists at the cost of -15% exp seems really strong, not sure why i wouldn't pick that.

Last edited:

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a DivinityOS2 situation where the pre-made characters have more story and are voiced?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
First fight yesterday was weird. So much resemblance to X-Com but I don't really get some things.

When I highlight someone and see the whole life bar blinks, then I think this attack will kill him, but it rarely does, maybe not even half of the life bar, what's up with that?

Also the accuracy feels weird, I can be like 10 feet away and get 50% and then I run up to him, be barricade on barricade with the enemy and it turns to like 20%.

Besides the technical problems, not a good start for the game.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also the accuracy feels weird, I can be like 10 feet away and get 50% and then I run up to him, be barricade on barricade with the enemy and it turns to like 20%.

What weapon are you using? If it's anything like W2, certain weapons have penalties at close range until you unlock specific perks. For example, in W2, Assault Rifles needed the Melee Shooting perk to be effective in CQC.

On top of that, cover used to increase the difficulty of the shot, so you had to flank enemies.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
First fight yesterday was weird. So much resemblance to X-Com but I don't really get some things.

When I highlight someone and see the whole life bar blinks, then I think this attack will kill him, but it rarely does, maybe not even half of the life bar, what's up with that?

The blinking bar is max potential damage, as in, if all your shots hit.

Guns seem to have an ideal range. Assault rifles lose accuracy within a tile or two of their target.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Wow.

Holy shit. This may be my game of the year.

Ive never played a wasteland game before, but me and a friend booted this up in coop on xbox and played 10 hours straight. Absolutely fantastic RPG Co-op experience right now. Like diablo mixed with xcom. Absolutely loving the mechanics and writing. There have been a few parts me and my friend have just been dying at the pure absurdity. So excited to dive back in this weekend. Any idea how long the campaign experience will be in co-op?

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Question to people with Steam edition - what game version do you have on the main screen (bottom right)?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
There's a mouse cursor in the middle of the screen every time you open the options, when playing with controller on PC and the framepacing seems off making it stutter :(

EDIT: Oh, stutter disappeared after the opening fight.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
So 2 quick questions now that everyone is playing

1. BARTER, Do you have to be controlling the character who has the skill to benefit from it? or just have him in the squad?

2. LUCK, Does it affect loot? Could I make a max luck character with Lockpick, Toaster Repair, Prospector etc. and make him open everything and be rolling in money/items?

Rods

May 1, 2020
So 2 quick questions now that everyone is playing

1. BARTER, Do you have to be controlling the character who has the skill to benefit from it? or just have him in the squad?

2. LUCK, Does it affect loot? Could I make a max luck character with Lockpick, Toaster Repair, Prospector etc. and make him open everything and be rolling in money/items?

2 - As far as i know it only affects money/scraps and it's a 5% chance at max rank of getting double what you would normally get, if that would be enough to be rolling in cash and be able to buy all the items from vendors i'm not sure.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The blinking bar is max potential damage, as in, if all your shots hit.

Guns seem to have an ideal range. Assault rifles lose accuracy within a tile or two of their target.

Ah thanks. Will have an eye on that, was about AR yes.

Also, chose a sniper for the second class but run out of ammo after the second battle, that seems a bit unbalanced for the start, hope I find ammo or a second weapon soon. 😓

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
This is weird question, but does Wasteland preset character returns as NPC in Wasteland 3 (I think this happen between W1—>W2) ?

About to start W2 and wonder if I should go with premade characters (tweaked ofc) or custom one.

I always enjoyed when protagonist of previous title return as NPC in the sequel.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Game breaking bug, fuck this! Game is stuck after the tutorial fight twice in a row now. I am not creating another bunch of characters just to not advance the game.

It's been sitting in this cutscene for the past 15 minutes...

131231231123213yyjv1.jpg

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I gotta say, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this nearly as much as I am considering I didn't like Wasteland 2 and I'm not the biggest fan of games with post-apocalyptic settings in general, but I just played for almost 4 hours straight and I can't wait to get back on (after some sleep, of course). Loving it so far (minus the occasional bug).

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else experiencing lag when hovering over items? It takes like 1-2 seconds before it pops up. It's not game breaking or anything, but kinda annoying.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
My game freezes as soon as I get past accepting it access my Xbox live account. Anyone else get this? I'm on PC

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Just got to the base, threw it on on a whim this morning and really digging it, a laughed at one point in the intro.

Can't wait to play more but this isn't play anywhere is it?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Created a melee str guy along with a sniper and uh.. sniper feels OP and melee guy feels incredibly weak lol. Hopefully it scales better as the game goes on.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
After an hour or so of trying on Gamepass I think I might purchase on Steam. Seems like a game I prefer to own.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god you have unlimited inventory!

Created a melee str guy along with a sniper and uh.. sniper feels OP and melee guy feels incredibly weak lol. Hopefully it scales better as the game goes on.

I picked the pre-made father/daughter combo, which is exactly that and I'm a little unsure if you're supposed to give melee guys some range weapons, due how extraordinarily weak they feel in the beginning. Not only does the sniper do more damage, you also don't have to get close to people. Maybe ammo restrictions come into play later on or melee builds get some other advantages.

Jun 13, 2020
I'm shocked at how well it's running, I thought my graphics card would struggle. Not a single drop on max settings except for right after a loading screen. Not a single bug yet neither, which is surprising since 2 was riddled with bugs. Amazing job.

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
Somehow this is running on my ¬5 years old laptop, which I'm very much happy about. Can't wait to start my online co-op playthrough today.

One bug though - I get no sound in the game? Anyone encountered that? I've a feeling my Bluetooth headset (Sony wh-1000xm3) is somehow causing an issue somewhere, but wanted to double check with others first.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Consensus so far is pc yay, console nay or what?

have a standard Xbox One and a Pro, still don´t know if if should subscribe for a month of gamepass and play the shit out of this game(with the possibility of the game running like crap on the old Xbox One) or if i should wait a bit for patches and buy a PS4 copy a bit later.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I haven't read through this thread to avoid potential spoilers, but strictly from a story perspective, is playing through the first two games necessary or recommended to enjoy this one?

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Curious about PS4 Pro performance and how well it plays on the controller if anyone can comment! Picking this up today and looking forward to diving in tonight. :)

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't read through this thread to avoid potential spoilers, but strictly from a story perspective, is playing through the first two games necessary or recommended to enjoy this one?
Nah. Play them after if you really dig it, but it's a crpg in a post apocalyptic world. There will be winks and callbacks and story continuations, but you don't need any more information.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Weird, I managed to save a Pvt Beltran near the start of the game, yet the only option I had was to kill her, couldn't talk to her or anything else.

Edit: After quick saving and then quick loading back in fixed it and was able to talk to her

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
Somehow this is running on my ¬5 years old laptop, which I'm very much happy about. Can't wait to start my online co-op playthrough today.

One bug though - I get no sound in the game? Anyone encountered that? I've a feeling my Bluetooth headset (Sony wh-1000xm3) is somehow causing an issue somewhere, but wanted to double check with others first.
A different headset is giving me general audio, but none of the speech... Very confused now.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
I've had a good time playing i kind of regret going with a melee build with one of my characters but i think i will stick with it. I've only had one bug and that was one of my characters when in battle he ran to another part of the map so i reset and everything was fine.

blainethemono

Oct 27, 2017
Made an assault rifle leader type and a melee character and did the intro stuff. Pretty fun. I put 25 hours into Wasteland 2 before stopping, so hopefully this one is a little more...polished I guess I'll say. Combat seems like it.

Little glitch with the controller UI where skipping some text (misclicked and reloaded a convo) made things unable to be selected, I restarted the game, and the menu wouldn't even show up. Had to load it again and load the menu by using KBM.

Controller support seems OK, but I'll probably go with KBM. I don't think you can run Gamepass games through Steam, otherwise I'd check out a custom Steam Controller configuration and go with that. Once dialed in, Pathfinder Kingmaker was amazing with the controller, and I bet this would be too.

i've used GloSC to play a handful of game pass games with steam input support before. haven't tried Wasteland 3 specifically though. the method i used:

www.resetera.com

PC Game Pass help needed

So I got PC Game Pass and I want to know where the games are installed. I got Bloodstained and want to put the mod that replaces the backer photos. Are mods even possible? The whole installing thing is pretty messed up. I set it to ask me where to install every time, and it sure as hell doesn't...

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I started this up last night and the next thing I know two hours have passed and it was time to go to bed. I think half the time was spent in the character creator. 😂

Running with a melee and sniper which has been pretty good. I'm at the point where I can create two more Rangers and I'm not quite sure how I want to build them.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was answered but is there a way to respec characters? I think I made a mistake on one of them.