• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Played it on my One S at launch and it was fine - only a couple of crashes.

loved the game

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
It's great and it's a shame it was overlooked, but also it may be a blessing in disguise because if this game was as hyped as cyberpunk, the hammer would have come down just as hard. It's easily one of the biggest games I've played, and apparently the people playing coop had it even worse.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I found it extremely boring and it seemed unfinished. I remember seeing the original trailer and I was very hyped. I tried it in GP and it wasnt my thing at all.

I definitely got 'unfinished' vibes from it with my short time with the PS4 version recently. I should note though, it seemed fun and it's the type of game I'd enjoy.

I am going to revisit it on PC in January.

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played through it on PC about a month or two ago and loved it. I think I had one minor bug, but otherwise a glitch free experience.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played an ISO RPG, but due to GP gave it a go and I'm hooked. Im about 5 hrs in, getting used to the systems and world. Whilst I'm not into the snowy cold levels the combat system and story is really satisfying, and the music (country folk?) is brilliant.

Isn't it do for another hefty patch soon? Or just got one?

Just got one, I think it was a hefty size too. Lots of bug fixes.

I've really enjoyed this game so far. I've got a single player character and a co-op character going at the moment. I haven't encountered any sort of major bugs yet fortunately.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who hasn't tried it out, especially if you've got Gamepass

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting a few more patches to jump in.

Thegame was in a bad state at launch...

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
This really is one of the best games of the year. Hell of an RPG and a story that really resonates with the state of the world right now.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
How's it look and run on Series X? I know the Xbox version was pretty rough for a while there

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty decent game. It's beefy in the content without being bloated but it does have a lot of issues. The game is super buggy for coop though. Lots of desyncing issues and other random problems, plus the load times are awwwwful. Like minutes of waiting awful.

For the game itself, the writing was pretty decent. I really hated the ending though. I hate that:

Your party members (and base) who stuck by you the ENTIRE game just abandon you at the end because of those railroaded choices. Felt like such a huge stupid leap in logic for them honestly to "shock" the player, and right when that happens all the momentum in the game was totally ruined so we both just lost interest there and agreed to be done. We never finished the final mission.
Just like Xcom, you grow attached to your squad and crew, and having the writers make them backstab us ruined the game completely.

I also hated the railroading to a binary choice (again, like every choose your own adventure game, urgh can this trend STOP?) at the end. We didn't want either of those choices and it was irritating having to either choose to kill you-know-who or side with him. We killed nobody the whole game and didn't want to shill for dudebutt either, we wanted to fix the wasteland's problems through our own diplomacy. Such a bummer ending to a pretty strong game.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Is Wasteland 3 getting a next-gen patch? If so, then I will wait for that before I play this on my Xbox.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems good

but on consoles itis REALLY technically inept

even on series x it is locked at only 30fps and seems to
have the worst input lag i have ever felt

basically - unplayable until series sx patch imo

niaobx

Banned
Aug 3, 2020
It's a pretty decent game. It's beefy in the content without being bloated but it does have a lot of issues. The game is super buggy for coop though. Lots of desyncing issues and other random problems, plus the load times are awwwwful. Like minutes of waiting awful.

For the game itself, the writing was pretty decent. I really hated the ending though. I hate that:

Your party members (and base) who stuck by you the ENTIRE game just abandon you at the end because of those railroaded choices. Felt like such a huge stupid leap in logic for them honestly to "shock" the player, and right when that happens all the momentum in the game was totally ruined so we both just lost interest there and agreed to be done. We never finished the final mission.
Just like Xcom, you grow attached to your squad and crew, and having the writers make them backstab us ruined the game completely.

I also hated the railroading to a binary choice (again, like every choose your own adventure game, urgh can this trend STOP?) at the end. We didn't want either of those choices and it was irritating having to either choose to kill you-know-who or side with him. We killed nobody the whole game and didn't want to shill for dudebutt either, we wanted to fix the wasteland's problems through our own diplomacy. Such a bummer ending to a pretty strong game.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just finished the game and this exact thing is bugging me so much

been nothing but a good guy throughout the game and yet all these rangers turn against me? this is bullshit (and how would they even know what I am up to? My party has not even got back to the base yet, all these grunts wouldn't know a thing lol. The fact that it is possible to sweettalk the Marshals into backing off, but not your own guys is just baffling