• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
From the latest backer update:
Greetings all,

As with most companies, we moved to a work-from-home environment some weeks ago, and that's of course introduced new challenges that many of us throughout the world have been learning to manage. We've been excited to see the Wasteland 3 Beta so well received, but the reality is that with these new logistical challenges our release was going to be impacted.

We're in a great position with both Microsoft and Deep Silver supporting our desire to ensure the game launches in the best possible circumstances, and to add a few extra months to ensure this is a stellar product on day one. With that, Wasteland 3's new release date is August 28, 2020.

That's time we're putting into acting on Beta feedback and suggestions, optimization, polishing and refinements, and making sure we have an awesome co-op experience. We're pouring our hearts into this game, and the last thing we want is to have anything but an amazing launch for a product we truly believe in.

We appreciate everyone's excitement and continued support as we put a few more months into ensuring that on launch day Wasteland 3 is the experience you've been waiting for.

Thank you and stay safe,

Brian Fargo
Studio Head, inXile entertainment

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
YmSyn1n.gif

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
I'm genuinely sad. Waiting for Wasteland 3 is a real torment. Torment, yep.

I hope that it doesn't ride a few tides in my tiny soul.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My best guess is games with smaller teams get delayed while most AAA games launch on time.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
How was InXiles's Tides of Numenera?

Opinions on it seem mixed. Could use it to tide me over.

It's very unique, if you loved Wasteland 2 and Divinity II it will be a blast. But be prepared for lower production values than Divinity II.

But story, world and approach are amazing. My strong advice is to play this one on PC !

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Smart move.

Best to take your time and let everybody get comfortable working from home. No reason to add another layer of stress to already re-figuring out your entire work life.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
And I thought I wouldn't be able to finish Wasteland Remastered before this releases. Still more polish won't be a bad thing..

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, one of the first shoes to drop of many more to come. They can definitely take the time they need.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Not too surprising given the current situation. This game has looked more amazing every time we saw it. I'll be there to play it.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Shame, but not unexpected. Safety is important and hopefully a couple extra months just ups the polish even further.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It looked really good from recent gameplay, but any cRPG can always use more time in the oven.

Grimwood

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
What's up with "Wasteland (PC) Play now with Gamepass" on Gamepass? I currently don't have a subscription so I can't check but how is this game released there if it will be released on August? What am I missing?