• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

For our #Wasteland2 #NintendoSwitch fans, Patch 1.0.1 is live for WL2 DC Switch for both NOA and NOE, resolving random encounter crashes and improved performance!

Hopefully the update is included on the physical release whenever that ends up launching.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Has this been on sale recently? I want to play this but I think the only way I could get through the game is if I actually played it on my switch.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Waiting impressions from people familiar with the game pre-patch, next sale this is gonna be mine. Love these kind of games on a portable

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
How bad is performance pre-patch?

It could apparently get really bad.

I don't know how to else to put this, so I will just say it: Wasteland 2's performance on Switch flat out sucks. To be fair, being able to play a game like this on the go is incredible, and another piece of evidence showing that we should port absolutely everything to the Switch. That's where the good stops.

I don't think I went five minutes without the game stuttering. Many times, after an encounter, my characters would slowly ice skate over the ground as the game caught up to speed. During combat, the game would hitch as I was moving the cursor around the screen and I would accidentally choose an option I didn't want, which, if you were paying attention, can mean death. Whenever there was an explosion, I would send up a little prayer to the technology gods in hopes that the game wouldn't crash.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/wasteland-2-directors-cut-nintendo-switch-review/

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I was interested in this game, until I saw the video on eShop and how bad the framerate was

Oct 30, 2017
Performance on this on initial release wasn't excellent, but it was better than the eshop videos would lead you to believe. I'll fire it up tonight and see how it looks.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
How bad is performance pre-patch?

Spotty. And it seems to depend on who you ask, without rhyme or reason. There have been sessions where I've had zero problems and the game has been smooth as butter. But there have been sessions where my game has crashed three times in a row from random encounters in the desert. It was frustrating, but the game was entertaining enough that I pushed through it for the first 10 hours, after which time I didn't seem to have any more problems. Glad to see they've patched it. I'll maybe jump in tonight and see how the handheld plays in the early game.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Performance on this on initial release wasn't excellent, but it was better than the eshop videos would lead you to believe. I'll fire it up tonight and see how it looks.

Spotty. And it seems to depend on who you ask, without rhyme or reason. There have been sessions where I've had zero problems and the game has been smooth as butter. But there have been sessions where my game has crashed three times in a row from random encounters in the desert. It was frustrating, but the game was entertaining enough that I pushed through it for the first 10 hours, after which time I didn't seem to have any more problems. Glad to see they've patched it. I'll maybe jump in tonight and see how the handheld plays in the early game.

Hey guys, don't forget we are waiting for your impressions. :)

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap, can't wait to get home and try it out. Love the game but yeah the performance was eh.

Baircade

Aug 21, 2018
Europe
This properly patched and at 25$ would be an instant buy for sure! Have been eyeing this game since it launched on PS4, even almost bought it during sales but it felt so right to wait and get on Switch.

One thing though: The UI looks way too small in eShop screenshots, I hope they can fix that.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
surprised to see them supporting this even tho they are now part of Microsoft
.... you do know that InXile and Obsidian will release both Wasteland 3 and Outer Worlds on multiple platforms this year, right? The fact that microsoft bought them doesn't mean all the legal work and projet they signed in the past are now null or exclusive to Microsoft. The next games after those already announced WILL be Microsoft exclusives

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Great news! Performance was a little bit iffy originally, due to the nature of the game though it wasn't that painful overall.

Anyone managed to test it yet? Much difference?

Nicholas

Oct 28, 2017
I've been wanting to buy this. Was unaware of the performance issues - but seems pretty clear it didn't run well.

Really interested to see how it runs now!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
They probably want people wo play their current games also be excited and looking forward to what they offer as a MS first party - burning bridges with customers is never the smart move in terms of longterm support.
Somebody please tell CD Projekt Red this, so they'll fix the X1 version of TW3.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Hey guys, don't forget we are waiting for your impressions. :)

Only had the chance to play a short time, but I experienced zero crashes and load times seemed a little faster to me, especially once the game booted up and I was running through missions and conversations. I didn't get a stopwatch out or anything, but the game played very well. This is just a one hour session but before I might experience one or two crashes in that time.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Only had the chance to play a short time, but I experienced zero crashes and load times seemed a little faster to me, especially once the game booted up and I was running through missions and conversations. I didn't get a stopwatch out or anything, but the game played very well. This is just a one hour session but before I might experience one or two crashes in that time.
Good to know! The game is in my wishlist, so I'm buying the first sale it gets.