• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

West Virginia police say some folks have been using anti-wasp spray — to get a methamphetamine-like high.

At least three people overdosed last week because they used the insect repellent to make synthetic meth, state police said Monday.

"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you," Sgt. Charles Sutphin told WCHS.

"It's a cheap fix, and you don't know what their overall result of their usage of this is going to be," Sutphin added.

Physical effects of using the wasp spray include erratic behavior and extreme swelling and redness of the hands and feet.

Stores in Boone County on Friday sold nearly 30 cans of the wasp spray, according to the outlet.

Locals said widespread drug use in the area was prompting people to find new ways to get high.

"Drugs are so bad around here. It's so available to people, and then all the time trying things new that we wouldn't even think about," resident Diana Ferguson said.

"We have great grand babies, and to think what they're going to grow up in, and what's going to be available to them, and what people are going to get them to try… It's really scary," she added.

What the fuck?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
when spray paint just dont do it no more

my state is a mess

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
by this point, you've already hit rock bottom, so I can't say it's curiosity

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's like a couple years ago when there was that increase of people making krokodil with gasoline as a heroin substitute.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
What else is there to do

Black lung isn't enough?
488.gif

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you," Sgt. Charles Sutphin told WCHS.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Stories like this make me wish some states could get busted down to territories.
but then you'd just have 2-3 nice places and 50 places where people go to short generic painkillers off the backs of toilets

and some people would still be snorting generic painkillers off the backs of toilets in the nice areas, too.

they'd just hide it better

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
but then you'd just have 2-3 nice places and 50 places where people go to short generic painkillers off the backs of toilets

and some people would still be snorting generic painkillers off the backs of toilets in the nice areas, too.

See, that's a vice I can understand. When does huffing insecticide get fun?

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If the whole state were just Fayetteville, I think we'd be ok.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One thing hasn't changed in my life it's somewhere somehow someone is huffing something. I remember when in some poorer places it was paint or glue in a brown paper bag.

Seen a friend huff gas and almost kill himself, seen idiots huffing Lysol and spray paint.

Just don't get how wasp spray in anyway compares to meth.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude

that shit will fuck you up

man people are stupid

Drug abuse is not a sign of stupidity, it's a sign of a myriad of other factors that lead someone to not giving a fuck about their health or future to snort wasp spray. West Virginia is a state full of poverty, start looking there.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
can't wait to see next years headline:

"West Virginia re-named Wasp Virginia in accordance with the decree of its new Wasp Overlords."

Defiler76

Jan 12, 2018
The Wasp spray is used as an ingredient in making synthetic meth. They are not snorting or huffing the actual wasp spray itself.