• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering when this would happen. My county hasn't been hit that hard by the virus but it's just a matter of time. Only around 25% of people are wearing masks when I go grocery shopping.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
King County has seen a mostly steady decline, with a couple of recent spikes, in terms of cases. But Yakima County has exploded with cases in the past few weeks, and reports indicate that some of those may be getting bused to Seattle hospitals due to overflow. Like, if you look at the statewide stats, they're mostly going down, and that drop is even more severe in the "everywhere but Yakima" sense.

I'm happy that my Greenwood neighborhood has some wide sidestreets for the sake of walks and jogs. But now that Phase 2 is kicking into gear, the fucking idiots are mounting in numbers, in terms of 1) not wearing masks and 2) not being careful about six feet of distance on sidewalks. As a result, I walk in the street on a regular basis when I patronize nearby restaurants that serve take-out. Not ideal.

If you ever come up to Greenwood, you have GOT to order from Luna Azul. Amazing sauces, and they have a really solid takeout window rigged up. Their housemade corn tortillas are the bomb dot com.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Kate Brown needs to do the same for all of Oregon. So many dumb fucks here not wearing it, especially in the nearby conservative towns. Lots of visitors from the Bay Area not wearing them either since it's not required.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
We should have made it a nationwide mandate from the start if we were going to beat this thing. Now states are implementing it when we're already in the gutter.

Cherubae

Oct 31, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Kate Brown needs to do the same for all of Oregon. So many dumb fucks here not wearing it, especially in the nearby conservative towns. Lots of visitors from the Bay Area not wearing them either since it's not required.

It starts tomorrow here in Oregon, but only for seven counties. Some of the other counties seem to have their act together.

I was at the pharmacy today getting stuff for my cat, and the pharmacist was wearing his mask off his nose; just covering his mouth. Having mandated face masks will help only if people wear them properly.

Last edited:

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
King County has seen a mostly steady decline, with a couple of recent spikes, in terms of cases. But Yakima County has exploded with cases in the past few weeks, and reports indicate that some of those may be getting bused to Seattle hospitals due to overflow. Like, if you look at the statewide stats, they're mostly going down, and that drop is even more severe in the "everywhere but Yakima" sense.

I'm happy that my Greenwood neighborhood has some wide sidestreets for the sake of walks and jogs. But now that Phase 2 is kicking into gear, the fucking idiots are mounting in numbers, in terms of 1) not wearing masks and 2) not being careful about six feet of distance on sidewalks. As a result, I walk in the street on a regular basis when I patronize nearby restaurants that serve take-out. Not ideal.

If you ever come up to Greenwood, you have GOT to order from Luna Azul. Amazing sauces, and they have a really solid takeout window rigged up. Their housemade corn tortillas are the bomb dot com.

Yeah I heard Yakima was one of the hardest hit areas. I'm not that far from it (Grant County) but mine hasn't really been hit yet.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
They won't enforce this for shit. The city already decided a long time ago that they're just going to complete ignore the homeless, you think they're going to suddenly swerve on that because they aren't wearing masks? At best it will give police an excuse to harass minorities and otherwise be ignored.

Banjo Tango

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Glad we're doing this - though from what I've seen, people have been pretty good about wearing masks... at least in Bartel's, QFC, and PCC.

Also worth noting: "You do not need to wear one when you are outdoors and people are far apart"

COVID-19

We now know that COVID-19 is here to stay for the foreseeable future. It’s important to understand how to live our lives while keeping ourselves, loved ones and community as safe as possible. How can we do that? By using all the tools we’ve learned so far: staying up to date with COVID-19...

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
The lunatics and people who cant stand being mildly inconvenienced are going to lose their damn minds.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in Bellevue and I barely see anyone with masks. I also barely see anyone out, but still, it's shocking how little masks are worn.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Good. As soon as we got phase II, people just became morons and stopped wearing masks. It's annoying.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

I live and walk by there all the time but never bothered trying it. I'll check it out!

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Now I wait for the inevitable shithead sheriff who's going say they aren't going to enforce it. Still better than not making it mandatory.

Like our shithead sheriff in Snohomish? Who did exactly that about the quarantine? I didn't vote for him and I'm pissed he won. Oh yeah, the previous guy was cleaning up our police force. He Gets elected and had hired back police officers who were fired for inappropriate conduct. How the fuck is he even able to hire back already fired by the same department even officers is beyond me. My company has a policy that you can't hire people who have been previously fired, even if the manager wanted to. Why doesn't our government require the same out of all of its departments?

Oct 29, 2017
Good. This should be nation wide.

States are starting to rollback their opening procedures, closing bars and reducing the number of patrons allowed at any given time. Shit's going to get bad again because people got bored sitting at home, and the EcOnOmY was dYiNg.

When we're all told to quarantine again how many of these idiots are going to throw their hands up in the air and ask how this could have happened?

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't want a Nanny State, prove you don't need to be nannied in the first place.