• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Key is still doing a variation of that translator sketch in TV commercials for some mortgage company. That's why that sketch is on here, because it has a lasting impact, even to people who never watched Key and Peele.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
They picked the right Chappelle and K&P bits. Actually agree with Judge Trudy making the list, too.

Along with Clayton Bigsby, Black Bush & Prince make up my personal Chappelle holy trinity, though.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Needs more Papyrus.

It is pretty crazy there's no Tim and Eric though, their impact on comedy culture is insane.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
I looked that Washington Post article right in its optic stems, and I said, I said...

...I said, biiiiiitch

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good list. Obviously everybody has different touchstones, but I think they covered a pretty wide swath. The palpatine sketch still makes me lose it to this day. I love "go for papa palapatine!" And of course bush and gore is still funny. I thought that was the peak of political commentary back in high school.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Decent list, but if they were gonna put one MadTV sketch on there it should have been one with Stuart.

Also missing one of the Darrell Hammond Sean Connery Jeopardy! bits, but I can see why they'd only want 1 Jeopardy! skit, and it's tough to argue with the Hanks one. "Skinny girls can do this for you." "What is 'not a damn thang'!" Almost died the first time I seen that.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
That is a really great list. Seems like we really hit a peak for sketch comedy about 5 years ago.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing the surprise at no Tim and Eric seeing as *everything* is Tim and Eric now. Perhaps there's just not any single, iconic thing they did to put on a list and the real legacy is their tone and style.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Decent list. A shame Stefon isn't in there. It was the piece of SNL that would consistently make me lose my breath laughing.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Low-key loved The Amanda Show when I was younger. Glad to see it represented

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Mad TV being a big thing among my friends when I was a kid but I couldn't recall one sketch right now lol.

What would be interesting to see is how this list would stack up when you factor in sketches that aired on the internet. Because there are some all time classics that deserve a spot for sure.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
So happy I Think You Should Leave made the list. Such an incredible show.

cosmod

Feb 24, 2018
At first, I was like, "Where's Mr. Show?" and then I realized Mr. Show was in the 90s and then I felt old.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
No Lil Jon - Dave Chapelle? I feel like that's one of the most iconic Chapelle show skits. Same with the Black Bush sketch or the MTV cribs sketch.

Also from MadTv