• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yo, simply put, game recognize game. Obama knows. Beto almost fucking won Texas! Dude is easily POTUS material. And that inexperience argument won't mean much when the GOP turned out for that cheeto fuckhead.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But he lost to Ted fucking Cruz.
In a deep red state where Cruz (unlike here or in most of America) is actually very popular. More popular than Trump. Beto has a better chance of beating Trump in Texas than he did Cruz potentially. Obama would have lost (by a lot more) to Cruz in Texas for example.

It'll go to Trump like it did in 2016.
Uh did you pay attention to 2018? At all?

Democrats swept Michigan. Won Governor, Senate, Sec of State, and Attorney General.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
When I think who has their finger to the pulse of voters, it's definitely not Dan Pfeiffer and Jon Favreau.

I think Beto could win. I don't think Beto's a good choice though.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
But he lost to Ted fucking Cruz.

In Texas, where Ted Cruz is still fairly well liked. He did better than any previous candidate did a long, long time.

His run still helped flip 2 congressional seats and multiple seats down the ballet (just look Harris County for a great example of this). He did great things for our state, and even if he didn't win this time we're still proud of him. He wouldn't be the first person to lose a senate seat and then go on to win the presidency.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're going to be hearing a lot of that "but Ted Cruz!" stuff in the next two years.

Oct 25, 2017
Beto was a red state Dem who:

A. Didn't wilt in the national spotlight
B. Didn't step in shit trying to appease racists

I'm in

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. I think he has a future and he'll be a successful Presidential candidate EVENTUALLY, but I don't think 2020 is the time. Dude needs to get more experience.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish he would just stay in Texas and do good here instead of throwing his hat into the national ring. It's a huge shame that a lot of liberals are forgetting the lessons of the past decade. We lost so many state and local seats which is where the real action is.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Guy's campaign is gonna eat shit once they digging into his record.

An imposter posing as a progressive. Worked for Texas, won't work nationally.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'll say it now, if he runs he wins Texas. But especially if there is a republican spoiler candidate for president, Ala Ross Perot.

Game2Death

Oct 25, 2017
Guy's campaign is gonna eat shit once they digging into his record.

An imposter posing as a progressive. Worked for Texas, won't work nationally.
I voted for Beto here in Texas and was excited for him but I agree. Dude is too "centrist" to be on the national ticket. Bank deregulation and more. Dude is like Obama 2.0 and we need someone more aggressive and liberal than that.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
When I think who has their finger to the pulse of voters, it's definitely not Dan Pfeiffer and Jon Favreau.

I think Beto could win. I don't think Beto's a good choice though.

I'll second this. I think he's great but I would want someone with a little more experience.