• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Very concerned about some nut job acting out violence. Wish they would just do the inauguration indoors honestly. I hate trump for this.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The fake credentials were necessary to subvert a flagrant infringement on his FREEDOM.

And remember, 500 bullets don't kill people. Antifa kills people.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Totally a misunderstanding.
He was going deer hunting with some buds and got confused. GUN RIGHTS!

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Kinda burying the lede with the whole "gun and 500 rounds of ammo" bit there.

Loudninja report your own thread and ask the mods to change it to "Washington DC: Capitol Police arrest Virginia man with fake inaugural credentials, loaded gun & 500 rounds of ammo" or something.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Should say "DC police arrest terrorist with fake inauguration credentials in plot to assassinate new president"

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
You literally left out the most important part, that he was armed to the teeth.

"Heavily armed man with fake inaugural credentials arrested at DC Capitol checkpoint"
Kinda burying the lede with the whole "gun and 500 rounds of ammo" bit there.

Loudninja report your own thread and ask the mods to change it to "Washington DC: Capitol Police arrest Virginia man with fake inaugural credentials, loaded gun & 500 rounds of ammo" or something.

Yeah these are better titles thanks

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Do these psychos know how many us soldiers are in DC rn?

They see themselves as action movie heroes who will show up with a single handgun, sneak into the inauguration, kill all the "bad guys" and then Trump will thank them and they'll show everyone how the election was rigged.

It's a step beyond the people who believe this because they think they're special and figured out what's really going on.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Biden is a moving target and trump wants it that way. He should have been deplatformed years ago.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Some more details.
t.co

A man with a gun arrested by Capitol Police at a security checkpoint calls it an ‘honest mistake.’ (Published 2021)

The man was arrested on Friday with more than 500 rounds of ammunition in his truck, the police said. He told a reporter he was heading to a security job in Washington and got lost.
The U.S. Capitol Police arrested a man on Friday after he arrived at a security checkpoint in Washington with an unregistered handgun and more than 500 rounds of ammunition, according to a report from the city's Metropolitan Police Department.

The man, Wesley A. Beeler, of Front Royal, Va., was charged with five crimes, including illegal possession of a weapon and ammunition, according to the report.

Mr. Beeler had driven to a security checkpoint on E Street NE in Washington, where officers found he had a Glock pistol, 509 rounds for the pistol and 21 shotgun shells, the report said. That street leads to an area that is a few blocks from U.S. Capitol Police headquarters and the Capitol itself.

Last edited:

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more worried about the ones they won't catch. I have a feeling we're not going to get through the 20th without hearing the sound of gunfire somewhere.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
"I don't trust all these new people around Mein Fuhrer so you see - I HAVE to sneak through all the traitors with these credentials and protect him myself!!" - Some racist psycho, probably.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The credentials were real. He was a contractor. He just wasn't authorized to be there. So it's not just the out of towners they have to worry about.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any chance they would just say fuck it and do the inauguration in private and at a secure location?

I'm completely for that, since it's gotten to the point where I honestly think it's too dangerous to even do it in public, since there's no telling what length these psychos are willing to go through to do harm

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
Is there any chance they would just say fuck it and do the inauguration in private and at a secure location?

I'm completely for that, since it's gotten to the point where I honestly think it's too dangerous to even do it in public, since there's no telling what length these psychos are willing to go through to do harm

i'm beginning to think doing it inside is going to be safer and less hassle.

I'm thinking that if shit kicks off at State Capitols they will alter the inauguration plans, I'm sure they have a backup plan.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully he wasn't trying to transport the ammo to someone else who already has the guns past the checkpoint

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how good the fake credentials were? That's pretty key. If they're making convincing fakes, it's a lot more concerning.

According to NYT the credentials weren't fake, they just didn't give him the authority to enter the area he was using them for. Very scary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/16/...-checkpoint.html?referringSource=articleShare
The arrested man was a contractor, and the credential was not fake, according to a federal law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the arrest.
The man arrested on Friday evening, Wesley A. Beeler, of Front Royal, Va., had driven up to a security checkpoint less than half a mile from the Capitol grounds and presented "an unauthorized inauguration credential," according to a statement from a Capitol Police officer filed in a District of Columbia court on Saturday. The officer, Roger Dupont, said that he had checked the credential against a list and that he found the man's credential did not give him the authority to enter the restricted area.