• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I end up rewatching the Melee one every once in a long while.
Loud cheers for Link and Samus, dead silence for Peach and Pikachu, lol
"They really dug deep for that one" when the trailer ends after the Ice Climber reveal too, ha

The reaction to Snake in Brawl's pretty good too, too bad it's only a (rather crummy) audio recording.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FF7 reveal at PSX 2014 is the one to beat.
7c6.gif

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Was in the theater for Sony's e3 movie theater experience. The last guardian and she mine 3 announcements had grown ass men bawling and shouting in the theater.

And twilight princess is the biggest

s y

Nov 8, 2017
KH3. Especially because the trailer made it seem like it was for the remix collection.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo were in the dumps with GameCube. Wind Waker had caught a negative reaction due to its graphical style, especially up against the more serious looking games found on the super cool PS2.

Rumour was that Wind Waker 2 would be revealed last of all at E3, and then....

Also worth remembering that we'd not seen next gen HD consoles yet so Twilight Princess looked great at reveal.

I remember watching this on g4, me and my cousin fucking lost it

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Probably when FF7 remake was announced for PS3, don't think are any reaction videos for it though.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Forever Twilight Princess. And Nintendo will never have that moment again because of the lame ass way they present stuff now.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I think of "All time best announcement moments" I think of things that were announced that the majority of people thought wouldn't ever exist. FFVII remake (Dev said it was impossible), Twilight princess (WW2 rumors), Shenmue III (Need I explain?). Those qualify. Things like Last of us part 2, Smash 4, etc. were all...."yea of course its coming". All time best list needs a major element of surprise.

The real question is, What is left that would garner such a reaction? I think a true sequel to SMRPG would do it for me. A pokemon MMORPG? Uncharted 5 seems pretty impossible at this point but I'd take it <_<

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Everyone mentions KH3 but no one brings up the recording of the actual E3 2013 audience. They cheer for the Disney logo because they know Square + Disney means only one thing:

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Of the "big three" at Sony's 2015 E3, FF7R had the least impact on me by far. Sure it looked neat, but I also knew the wait would be endless and that the finished product wouldn't be what most were expecting or even wanting.

The Last Guardian getting a release date, and Shenmue III existing...now THOSE were bombshells for me.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If we're talking about sheer hype, I think these reveals from this gen caused more impact:

- Shenmue 3
- KH3
- TLG
- God of War
- Red Dead 2
- BotW
- Kojima's "I'm back!"

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Shenmue 3 was pretty big because for all purposes shenmue is a dead franchise.

I was too young to follow gaming news, but may i ask why twilight princess was so hyped?

I mean it wasnt as if a new zelda was all that surprising. Just generally curious

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Sony's 2015 E3 will never be topped. It's unfortunate the game still look years away and TLG wasn't that good in the end though, but at the time it was crazy.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
There are plenty of big moments at e3, but it will be very hard to top the twilight princess reveal.

It was one of those moments where you remember where you were and what you were doing.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

I was too young to follow gaming news, but may i ask why twilight princess was so hyped?

I mean it wasnt as if a new zelda was all that surprising. Just generally curious
It was the "realistic Zelda" many fans were asking for after the "Celda" controversy of Wind Waker. People just wanted to see Link riding on horseback with a more realistic looking art style again and they got it.

Last edited:

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
That E3 was just insane. Sucks the Shenmue 3 and FF7R aren't out by now but I loved The Last Guardian. Here's hoping Sony's PS5 reveal conference has some megatons!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Some fans were really uninterested in how Wind Waker looked. So people popped hard when Zelda came back with a more "mature" look.

Zohar127

Oct 27, 2017
MGS2 epic E3 trailer was absolutely mind blowing. Not only was it a sequel to a hugely successful and well regarded game, it was on new hardware and pushed the boundaries of what was possible in video games so far ahead of where anyone could even imagine. The game itself seemed amazing. The music was amazing. The graphics were truly revolutionary.

I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Twilight Princess, and Smash Bros. Brawl, definitely. Snake being in changed everything.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Prime 4 being in a digital presentation makes it a hard comparison, but considering Nintendo 'won' E3 2017 in part due to its announcement, I think we can extrapolate what a live stage reaction would have been like.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Princess reveal is legendary.

I remember the FF7 reveal more for how angry people got at the Giant Bomb crew for not creaming their pants at its announcement.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It was the "realistic Zelda" many fans were asking for after the "Celda" controversy of Wind Waker. People just wanted to see Link riding on horseback with a more realistic looking art style again and they got it.

Some fans were really uninterested in how Wind Waker looked. So people popped hard when Zelda came back with a more "mature" look.

I was thinking that. I get it, but as twilight princess gave me motion sickness due to its blur on wii, i have very negative feelings with that game aha.

Also its amazing, despite how hype 2015 was a conference, in hindsight its super disappointing.

Last guardian divided fans and kinda came and went
FF7 remake is nowhere to be seen
Kingdom hearts 3 ,shenmue 3, and dreams still have not been released. and delayed multiple times.
No mans sky was a massive disappointment, and street fighter 5 was controversial for some

Arguably one of the best games there being hitman, disappointing sales wise. and the announcement of horizon.

Wild.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Smh at all the Twilight Princess mentions, like, it isn't even on the same league. FF7 Remake came from outta no where, even more so, it came after everybody had already lost hope, and the E3 crowd and the internet went crazy over it to a degree that doesn't even compare to TP. That E3 is never going to be topped.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
That E3 was just insane. Sucks the Shenmue 3 and FF7R aren't out by now but I loved The Last Guardian. Here's hoping Sony's PS5 reveal conference has some megatons!
Yah i was thinking how crazy the reactions were at the time, and now looking at real life later.My ex literally burst into tears instantly @ FFVII announcement. Can't speak for the overall impact globally, but anecdotally, that's the one that stands out for me. I've never been a fan of a franchise that had that kind of announcement. He was SO excited. But (to my knowledge, as he's an EX) I think he dropped gaming in the meantime? Makes me feel for the fans. Watching how emotional they are...and four years later, they are still waiting. I get why that conference did what it did in that time of the life cycle (and it TOTALLY worked), but man. Props to the diehard FF (and KH) fans, because they are a damn patient lot. I'm psyched for KH3 but I just played KH 1.5/2.5 this summer, so I only waited six months.

Are there any other big reveals that had that long of a gap? I can't think of Nintendo ones. MS has dangled stuff 3 years ahead, even when not considering the developmentally challenged games like Crackdown 3. But the only ones I can think of lasting this long are all Sony: FFVII, Gran Turismo on PS3, Shenmue 3. Not cutting on them - they have timely delivered the best games of the gen, repeatedly. Just curious.

Maybe Half-Life Episode 3? lol Still waiting on that one.

Do we KNOW why FFVII is taking so long? I haven't heard anything and a quick google only says they will tease more this year.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
E3 2015 just was unbelievable all around. FF7R, TLG and Shenmue 3 all in one conference goddamn it was crazy.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Just reviewed like 20 reaction vids, all of which felt genuinely surprised and real. Was there ever a moment like this, where grownups lost it and drowned in a pool of tears mixed with their own Nostalgia? Beautiful moment. Here's to looking forward to 2019 ff7:r.

But, Do you think any other moment compares?
The RE2 trailer.