• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Or was he hiding the whole time? Force lightning doesn't disfigure anyone else throughout the saga, far as I can tell. Is he already really old when phantom menace begins?

*Return of the Jedi is currently on in the hospital

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The power of pure concentrated prequel memes was too strong for him to control, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The Dark Side corrupts your appearance just by using it. He was probably hiding his true look and broke the illusion to gain sympathy points.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. It was something the Jedi masters told their padawans to scare them off from turning to the dark side.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
And they all subconsciously go with yellow?
Wait a minute...

920x920.jpg

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
There is only one Emperor, therefore the one who shots lighting is a heretic, therefore he is disfigured just like his heretical soul.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
he probably has to get in-between there with q-tips. All of that oil and dirty just accumulating. Yuck.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing a one-shot comic with no dialogue published in an anthology around when Revenge of the Sith came out that showed he could transform between forms

That's kind of the logic I've been rolling with for years

Otherwise...

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Fastest way to explain why the emperor looks like he does in the OT. It's silly, rushed and unsatisfying like everything in the prequels.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I remember seeing a one-shot comic with no dialogue published in an anthology around when Revenge of the Sith came out that showed he could transform between forms

That's kind of the logic I've been rolling with for years

Otherwise...

"I don't think there was one bolt of force lightning that didn't bounce off Master Windu's light sabre directly into your face."

"And you just stood there and watched?"

Is such a classic line.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Fastest way to explain why the emperor looks like he does in the OT. It's silly, rushed and unsatisfying like everything in the prequels.
Which is worse, this or the "Oh, by the way, Obi-Wan, here's how to be a Force Ghost in three easy lessons!" George had been saying since TPM that he would fully explain the whole thing, and then he forgets and has to film something in ten minutes during pickups. Clone Wars did a better job explaining it, and that's a fucking cartoon.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Since it didn't disfigure Luke and he got it as much if not more, I always took it as a sign that the Emperor's true appearance was being revealed.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Which is worse, this or the "Oh, by the way, Obi-Wan, here's how to be a Force Ghost in three easy lessons!" George had been saying since TPM that he would fully explain the whole thing, and then he forgets and has to film something in ten minutes during pickups. Clone Wars did a better job explaining it, and that's a fucking cartoon.
To be fair Clone wars is several seasons and has a lot time to focus on important stuff

To be unfair Lucas wasn't writing or directing it and had Dave Filoni taking his good ideas and executing it well

To be fair Lucas was responsible for it existing

To be unfair it's Dave Filoni baby

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GL oversaw the creation of the clone wars cartoon

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Since it didn't disfigure Luke and he got it as much if not more, I always took it as a sign that the Emperor's true appearance was being revealed.
Honestly which explanation is canon because I know two explanations

One is that getting drunk on the dark side fucks you up and lightning just strip away the mask

Other is that he looks like that because of wave disfiguring him

Which is the canon one because I like the first explanation more

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly which explanation is canon because I know two explanations

One is that getting drunk on the dark side fucks you up and lightning just strip away the mask

Other is that he looks like that because of wave disfiguring him

Which is the canon one because I like the first explanation more
There are a lot of mad hot Sith people running around and at least some of them had to have gotten a blast of lightning to the face at some point, so I feel like it has to be the second one.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017